The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Butternuts96
Noone can be forced into the religion and noone can be forced to do religious deeds and actions and whatnot. Once you're in the religion, if you've decided you leave, then there's a rule that you should be executed. This rule only applies if in an islamic country. Not in a non islamic one. Also, in an islamic country, only the official executioner can do it. Reasoning? Neither God nor Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) explained the reasoning behind this although some scholars have provided their interpretation of what they think the reason is.

Any islamic queries just check IslamQA. Type in the keywords and you'll find professional answers to all your questions WITH evidences and logical explanations and the like; it's the go-to site for muslims and non-muslims with questions

By definition that is forcing somebody into the religion by declaring if they leave they are to be killed. So that contradicts the no compulsion in religion.
The Iran 2012 pic is unrepresentative, obviously at religious gatherings/ceremonies you will find a higher concentrations of more 'pious' individuals.

But yes, the hijab is compulsory for women in public in iran. what i know about its history:

The original Shah in the 30s briefly banned the hijab. The late Shah in the 60s/70s led a secular regime that promoted a western society, shunning those who wore hijabs etc. The Shah was a dictator and in 1979 people protested against him in the Revolution, islamists 'stole' the revolution and imposed their own islamic state through force and violence.

This islamic state promoted islamist clerics etc to the highest positions of power, and made all sorts of islamic laws that were never approved by the Iranian people and were forced upon them. Iran is a very young population and today, most Iranians, especially in cities, wear a loose fitting head scarf that barely covers their hair. There is also a big campaign in Iran to relax the 'modesty' laws, with the President Hassan Rouhani alluding to the possibility of such reform, and many female reformist MPs being recently elected to parliament with such an ambition.

In 10-20 years I think the law will have changed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Noone can be forced into the religion and noone can be forced to do religious deeds and actions and whatnot. Once you're in the religion, if you've decided you leave, then there's a rule that you should be executed. This rule only applies if in an islamic country. Not in a non islamic one. Also, in an islamic country, only the official executioner can do it.

Well that's OK then!
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
That isn't what OP meant, and obviously the extent they are covered is a bit extreme.

OP said they were civilised 50 years ago, something like that, meaning they're not so civilised nowadays
Original post by Josb
This statement is only for Muslims. Non-Muslims of other races could be enslaved and mass-murdered without a problem. That's what Arabs did to them.

"Behaving best to their wives" is extremely vague and I wouldn't call that "women's rights".

Ah, the "not true Muslim fallacy".

Contrary to what you think, the mass-killings you talk about did not happen. There isn't a shred of factual evidence to prove it. Islam was spread by the pen and not by the sword. I know you'd like to think that, but what you would like to believe isn't necessarily the truth.

I'm not going to bother to even attempt to correct your false beliefs any more. Revel in your own ignorance and bigotry. What does it matter, I'm just a 'Muslamic Barbarian' anyway, eh?

4. Women can refuse sex, no husband can force it without it being a sin (although Allah will judge a women for it IN THE AFTERLIFE if she refuses without a valid excuse eg menstruation/headache/illness)

:lolwut:
Reply 246
Original post by Happy97
Contrary to what you think, the mass-killings you talk about did not happen. There isn't a shred of factual evidence to prove it. Islam was spread by the pen and not by the sword. I know you'd like to think that, but what you would like to believe isn't necessarily the truth.

:rolleyes:
The Rashidun army was used to pick flowers, right?
people like u are thick in the head, not everyone from asia or the middle east are muslims or follows islam, the ones that are covered make that choice and the ones that arent is completely up to them, fool.
Not all Muslim countries are like Saudia Arabia fyi
Original post by OneandOnly123
people like u are thick in the head, not everyone from asia or the middle east are muslims or follows islam, the ones that are covered make that choice and the ones that arent is completely up to them, fool.

They think the whole of the middle east is a big Saudi Arabia I bet non have traveled to the middle east hahaha. They think women there are forced to cover head to toe lol
Original post by _icecream
They think the whole of the middle east is a big Saudi Arabia I bet non have traveled to the middle east hahaha. They think women there are forced to cover head to toe lol

spot on, if they actually go to some of them countries in asia and middle east, most of the girls their nowadays are actually dressed like the european girls, there are a less and less girls covering themselves in most of the countries in the middle east and asia.. some people have no idea what they are talking about and make stupid assumptions without knowing a thing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 251
They say middle east this and that...well let us see how the so called "western" countries survive for even a week with war nowadays.

Also the USA or America needs to focus on themselves and how to stop dangerous
gangs there and other crimes.
The Ottoman Collapse and Interventionist Policies from superpower nations happened, topped off with an element of bad luck
That's certainly a perfectly valid question if islamophobes like yourself assumed that each and every one of these women were forced to wear these.
"There is no compulsion in religion" is a fundamental verse of the Quran that is widely neglected by islamophobes and extremists :smile:

Oh and btw you can still find both covered and uncovered women in all "islamic" countries so the pictures of individual groups of women mean nothing. You can take pictures of both groups of women in any period of time and decide which one you want to use for your propaganda and how you wanna spin it.

Spoiler

Wow. Jumping onto the 'islamaphobic' bandwagon (which btw is a ridiculous word because no one 'fears' Islam, and a dislike of Islam is hardly irrational).

And you're assuming that these women weren't forced. In a lot of Muslim countries women are forced, be it by law or by friends/family and wider society. I find it soooo ironic how you're literally jumping to defend a symbol of oppression.
Original post by TheTechN1304
Wow. Jumping onto the 'islamaphobic' bandwagon (which btw is a ridiculous word because no one 'fears' Islam, and a dislike of Islam is hardly irrational).

And you're assuming that these women weren't forced. In a lot of Muslim countries women are forced, be it by law or by friends/family and wider society. I find it soooo ironic how you're literally jumping to defend a symbol of oppression.

I find it ironic that as a male, you are projecting your own feelings of what the veil is onto the people that choose to wear them, in an effort to curtail and subvert their choices.
Well, I haven't read anything about it, OP, or thought about it at all, but I reckon it's probably the West's fault.
It is a real word you moron smh

Now dont ever quote me again you arrogant prick
That's certainly a perfectly valid question if islamophobes like yourself assumed that each and every one of these women were forced to wear these.
"There is no compulsion in religion" is a fundamental verse of the Quran that is widely neglected by islamophobes and extremists :smile:

Oh and btw you can still find both covered and uncovered women in all "islamic" countries so the pictures of individual groups of women mean nothing. You can take pictures of both groups of women in any period of time and decide which one you want to use for your propaganda and how you wanna spin it.

Spoiler

You're totally right. These women have made a decision to dress this way, and the years of childhood indoctrination into a religion that rates them less highly than animals has nothing to do with it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry, if it wasn't clear I was making a hilarious joke.

Funnily enough, Trevor Phillips, the chap who coined the term, recently made a similar concession.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/trevor-phillips-is-finally-discovering-the-pitfalls-of-the-term-islamophobia/
lol all you defending muslism societies, how about you go live in Syria,afghanistan,pakistan,iran or iraq ? Im glad there are people like Donald Trump who will definetely crackdown on illegal immigrants and the beautiful Visegrad 4 :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending