The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noey123
you can do it gurl! you have time, plus revising psychology is not that hard (except that it takes ages to write the essays) i honestly can't even move my hands anymore lol. anyway what i do is just memories the essays and keep writing them down until there stuck in my head. you should try that :smile:

Yeah I totally agree, Unit 3 especially is simply testing memory, so it's a great idea to memorize essays! After Unit 3 my hands will be killing me, I can already picture myself having to pause between essays in that exam hall. :biggrin:. Good luck to you too! We got this. :wink:
Can anyone help me with the following for a mnemonic? RMBL VEGBC
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 342
hey guys, in psychology I'm doing gender, media, sleep, relationships, schizophrenia and research methods. how are you lot revising for each one? I got a B in AS, with a target grade of A that recently changed to A* so I'm lost lol
Reply 343
Hi, for PSYA3 I'm doing Relationships, Aggression and Gender and for PSYA4 I'm doing Addiction, Schizophrenia and Research Methods. Does anyone have any good model essays for those topics, I'm finding essay structure a bit hard and I'm not sure how to nail those top marks - I'm aiming for an A this year, I got a B in AS so I need to work pretty hard. I don't really know to revise for the topics apart from writing essays, anyone have good revision tips or how to memorise essays?
Hi if I'm describing a study that supports the theory is it ao1 or ao2?
How's everyone feeling for the exam? :biggrin:
Hey Everyone,
I'm doing Gender, aggression and relationships for PSAY3
Is anyone finding Gender ridiculously long? -_-
Got an A at AS, so trying for an A* at A2...possible?

Any predictions for the questions that may come up?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Hey Everyone,
I'm doing Gender, aggression and relationships for PSAY3
Is anyone finding Gender ridiculously long? -_-
Got an A at AS, so trying for an A* at A2...possible?

Any predictions for the questions that may come up?

I do gender and aggression.

For aggression I am praying that neural mechanisms comes up, and I'm just so thankful it is unlikely that gender schema will come up for gender!
Original post by A-LJLB
I do gender and aggression.

For aggression I am praying that neural mechanisms comes up, and I'm just so thankful it is unlikely that gender schema will come up for gender!

I haven't even started my aggression revision yet! I've only done gender and I'm half way through relationships!
Hate gender schema! Would mind a 12-marker on Kohlberg? Or Roles of hormones/genes on gender!
I haven't even started my aggression revision yet! I've only done gender and I'm half way through relationships!
Hate gender schema! Would mind a 12-marker on Kohlberg? Or Roles of hormones/genes on gender!

Haha I haven't even started revising/memorising, I've written essays but that's all. I just like the biology ones haha!
Original post by A-LJLB
Haha I haven't even started revising/memorising, I've written essays but that's all. I just like the biology ones haha!

Lol me too! I should really start trying to memorise but there's just so much!
Do you do biology a level as well?
Lol me too! I should really start trying to memorise but there's just so much!
Do you do biology a level as well?

I know! And yes I do, could you tell? :wink: My future is going out of the window though, I need A's for university :')
Original post by A-LJLB
I know! And yes I do, could you tell? :wink: My future is going out of the window though, I need A's for university :':wink:

Yeah I can tell! Me too! Are you on AQA for that too?
lol I'm sure you'll ace it! I really want an A* bht with the way my revision is going I don't know haha
Yeah I can tell! Me too! Are you on AQA for that too?
lol I'm sure you'll ace it! I really want an A* bht with the way my revision is going I don't know haha

I need an A and would be thrilled but of course that A* would feel pretty damn good, plus it'll help if I fall short in my other subjects! No I'm on Edexcel for biology, possibly the worst exam board haha! The questions and mark schemes are dire!
How do you know if it's a Mann Whitney U or a Chi square test? I keep worrying that I won't be able to determine which test is appropriate.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
How do you know if it's a Mann Whitney U or a Chi square test? I keep worrying that I won't be able to determine which test is appropriate.

Chi squared is nominal data, mann-whitney is ordinal.
How is this non directional "Certain parental styles are associated with higher self esteem in adolescence". Isn't this directional??
Original post by A-LJLB
Chi squared is nominal data, mann-whitney is ordinal.

Oh okay thank you!!!!
Original post by Ladymusiclover
How is this non directional "Certain parental styles are associated with higher self esteem in adolescence". Isn't this directional??

What's the scenario?
Original post by A-LJLB
What's the scenario?

The researcher was testing whether different parenting techniques affected self esteem in their kids. It was a chi square test. So there were Authoritarian, democratic and laissez faire parenting styles which were compared with either high or low self-esteem. The data was drawn up in a contingency table.

Latest

Trending

Trending