The Student Room Group

I hate my teeth

Attachment not found
I need some advice. I've hated my teeth for ages, my two front teeth sort of 'overlap' the ones either side and therefore come out further. They all line up except my top two front ones and it's so annoying to me! I've been told twice that I can't have braces which is also annoying as it's 'not a big enough issue'. I just don't know what to do to straighten them. If my front teeth were a little narrower would it allow them to sit in line with the others and not overlap? Please help!
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow you sound just like me O.o
I so know how you feel.
Have you got a pic?
Well... you can either save up for your own braces or...
You can be a smartass like this guy and create your own braces :biggrin: http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/diy-orthodontics

Another option is to check groupon, they do really good deal on 6 month braces.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by geniequeen48
Wow you sound just like me O.o
I so know how you feel.
Have you got a pic?

So annoying ikr, yeah I'll put one up now
Original post by #aspiring

Cool
Reply 5
I have a similar-ish case. I did get referred to several orthodontists and they said that if you wanted them, you'd have to get them done privately which can cost up to £3000.
So getting them done privately could be an option. :dontknow:

image didn't work
Reply 7
Yup, I have a tooth that sits further forward than the rest and it annoys the heck outta me.

Braces are really the only way that it's gonna change - and as it's not enough to be considered a medical issue, there's three options:

- deal with it (my strat for now)
- save up for orthodontic alignment
- what @loveleest shared (genius idea)
Reply 8
Original post by aamirac
I have a similar-ish case. I did get referred to several orthodontists and they said that if you wanted them, you'd have to get them done privately which can cost up to £3000.
So getting them done privately could be an option. :dontknow:

Well I went to an orthodontist a couple months ago and they said if I wanted braces I would have to pay £1400 for both top and bottom. It was like half that for just the top but they said doing that could mess up my bite. I just don't know what to do :frown:
I had that but I ended up getting braces. The orthodontist said that I didn't need them for medical reasons so my parents paid for me to get them put in. It's best to get them in before you turn 18, because the prices hike once you become an adult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by G-mute1995
I had that but I ended up getting braces. The orthodontist said that I didn't need them for medical reasons so my parents paid for me to get them put in. It's best to get them in before you turn 18, because the prices hike once you become an adult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's looking like I'm gonna have to pay for braces which is so annoying. People are so lucky to get them for free haha, would you say £1400 is cheap for braces?
Well I went to an orthodontist a couple months ago and they said if I wanted braces I would have to pay £1400 for both top and bottom. It was like half that for just the top but they said doing that could mess up my bite. I just don't know what to do :frown:

You can ask your dentist to refer you to another one to get a difference of opinion.
Go to a few to get a variation of opinion and prices can sometimes differ too.
(I did the same and they all said no :redface:)
Reply 12
Original post by aamirac
You can ask your dentist to refer you to another one to get a difference of opinion.
Go to a few to get a variation of opinion and prices can sometimes differ too.
(I did the same and they all said no :redface:)

Thanks but the trouble is there's like one orthodontist where I live and the waiting lists take ages. But if I decide I want braces I could phone up and probs be in there within a week cause i'm an 'important' customer now that i'm interested in giving them my money :wink:
Yeah it's looking like I'm gonna have to pay for braces which is so annoying. People are so lucky to get them for free haha, would you say £1400 is cheap for braces?

£1400 is pretty good. Mine cost more than that, so I'd say that that is a reasonable price.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks but the trouble is there's like one orthodontist where I live and the waiting lists take ages. But if I decide I want braces I could phone up and probs be in there within a week cause i'm an 'important' customer now that i'm interested in giving them my money :wink:

You can also have a look at phoning Private ones too. There's more of those around than you think. :redface:
Reply 15
Original post by aamirac
You can also have a look at phoning Private ones too. There's more of those around than you think. :redface:

I'll get looking!
Reply 16
Original post by G-mute1995
£1400 is pretty good. Mine cost more than that, so I'd say that that is a reasonable price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending