The Student Room Group

End of the Midlands/beginning of the North?

Would you agree that Stratford upon Avon is the edge of the southern Midlands and marks the beginning of southern England aka. The south.

And would you agree that Chesterfield in northern Derbyshire is the edge of the northern Midlands and marks the beginning of northern England aka. The North?
Reply 1
No
The south will always be the south.
Reply 2
Original post by M14B
No
The south will always be the south.

But it must begin somewhere lol
Original post by Voi
But it must begin somewhere lol

brixton

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Everything above Watford is the north.
(edited 8 years ago)
If its below Chester or Sheffield on a map it isn't northern.
Reply 7
Original post by ForestShadow

Spoiler

Spoiler

The first map is nonsense as Gloucester is not in South Wales.

The second two maps don't take into account that there is a Midlands area, not just a North and South.

Stratford upon Avon is not far from Bicester and Oxford, and obviously Oxford is not in the Midlands, so somewhere between Stratford and Oxford lies the border between the Midlands and the South. As Stratford is a wealthy town, it kind of makes sense to think of it as the gateway to southern England

Lol sorry was just gettin some images from google to help out, plan backfired :getmecoat:
Reply 9
Lol sorry was just gettin some images from google to help out, plan backfired :getmecoat:

Yes but the first image is not accurate as it labels the Cotswolds as part of South Wales lol

Might be the craziest map I've ever seen.

South Wales has invaded England and now has a border with East Anglia
England has invaded North Wales upto and including Anglesea (which I'm pretty sure the locals there aren't happy about)
Original post by Joinedup
Might be the craziest map I've ever seen.

South Wales has invaded England and now has a border with East Anglia
England has invaded North Wales upto and including Anglesea (which I'm pretty sure the locals there aren't happy about)

Quick Reply

Latest