The Student Room Group

Gcse ocr geography a

Is anyone doing this spec? If so how are you revising? Can't find any revision materials at all! Any help would be much appreciated. :smile:
Original post by ammd
Is anyone doing this spec? If so how are you revising? Can't find any revision materials at all! Any help would be much appreciated. :smile:

Finally I've found someone doing this course! :tongue:
Yeah, so there's basically no revision material for this course :angry: so I've just been making my own resources!
You may find this site helpful tho https://sites.google.com/site/mrgoldengcsegeography/
Are you in Year 11?
I was just about to recommend that website lol.
Original post by lilacpotato
Finally I've found someone doing this course! :tongue:
Yeah, so there's basically no revision material for this course :angry: so I've just been making my own resources!
You may find this site helpful tho https://sites.google.com/site/mrgoldengcsegeography/
Are you in Year 11?
Original post by geniequeen48
I was just about to recommend that website lol.

I swear it's like the only one! :tongue:
Are you in Year 11?
I swear it's like the only one! :tongue:
Are you in Year 11?

Yeah haha.
Yeah haha.

Are you ready for exams? I'd like to think I am but there's so much to remember for Geography! :smile: What case studies are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you ready for exams? I'd like to think I am but there's so much to remember for Geography! :smile: What case studies are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ready enough to pass yes, but to get the top grades not sure, will need to refine my knowledge haha. Luckily the geo teachers at my school are really well organised so I'm doing most of the revision there than at home (I cba).
Err I can't even remember LOL. I do remember we did Mumbai and Northumberland Development project (not sure if that is a case study).

Wbu?
Ready enough to pass yes, but to get the top grades not sure, will need to refine my knowledge haha. Luckily the geo teachers at my school are really well organised so I'm doing most of the revision there than at home (I cba).
Err I can't even remember LOL. I do remember we did Mumbai and Northumberland Development project (not sure if that is a case study).

Wbu?

At least you've got a good teacher, I've had 3 different teachers over the two years and they've all given us different case studies so idek what I'm doing for some. For earthquake I'm doing is Christchurch, for energy issue I'm doing fracking and my product and service are coffee and tourism but apart from that I'm not sure lol :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
At least you've got a good teacher, I've had 3 different teachers over the two years and they've all given us different case studies so idek what I'm doing for some. For earthquake I'm doing is Christchurch, for energy issue I'm doing fracking and my product and service are coffee and tourism but apart from that I'm not sure lol :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh yep we've covered christchurch briefly, but we did Haiti mostly. For energy issue I'm also doing fracking haha, for product study we did iPhone and for tourism it was Machu Picchu...thanks for reminding me! :P
Wow, 3? I hate it when stuff like that happens.
Reply 9
Thanks for the reply and yeah im in year 11 too. Impossible to find any resources but ive been using that website. Mostly worried about skills. Thats definitely going to bring my grade down. But yeah im doing revision at school and trying to do exam questions at home.
Original post by ammd
Thanks for the reply and yeah im in year 11 too. Impossible to find any resources but ive been using that website. Mostly worried about skills. Thats definitely going to bring my grade down. But yeah im doing revision at school and trying to do exam questions at home.

Yeah, we've hardly done any skills practice, they're always like 'it's just stuff you've been learning throughout the course'! Maybe look through a past paper? It's only 25% of your grade tho...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ammd

Hi! I've moved this into the correct forum for you :h: have a look at the other threads in here, you may find an answer for your problem. You could also check out TSR's learning resources (which you can find here) where you might be able to find some geography GCSE revision tools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending