The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frozen_fire
Go on then send the message right now. I dare you.

A friend told me don't send anything yet, wait until thursday (my final deadline) and then send it. That I don't really any more problems right now. So I am just waiting because I have a lot of work to do and I don't need more stress right now.

If you guys want to see the message I composed, I could write it here..
Original post by believeteam22
That's a good question. I keep having second thoughts and talking myself out of it. I have been doing this for the past few days. I want to send it, but then I think, it won't make me feel better, but then I think I need to take everything I am keeping inside and take it out. I really don't know. I wake up and I feel really sad, then later on I feel anger towards her. I think the main thing I feel is HURT. And I just don't know how to deal with this pain.

You deal with it day by day. I can't make you send the message, i can't stop you either. Regardless, whether you send the message or keep it to yourself, your situation will be the same. Go for a walk and reflect.
A friend told me don't send anything yet, wait until thursday (my final deadline) and then send it. That I don't really any more problems right now. So I am just waiting because I have a lot of work to do and I don't need more stress right now.

I'm not sure why you ignore people who say 'don't send it' but do so at your own peril :redface:

I was being sarcastic. Sending the message is a terrible idea full stop. Plus the fact you are insinuating it would stress you out is a good enough reason to NOT send it at all.

You may think it will make you feel better in the short term but I guarantee you'll regret it later on. You aren't consistent when it comes to her and inevitably there will be a time in the future where you start missing her again and realize it was a dick move. Things have died down already yet you persistently act like a complete tool.
Original post by tailred
You deal with it day by day. I can't make you send the message, i can't stop you either. Regardless, whether you send the message or keep it to yourself, your situation will be the same. Go for a walk and reflect.

True. Due to my character, I will feel guilty and like **** and regret it. That's why I keep talking myself out of sending it.

Original post by frozen_fire
I was being sarcastic. Sending the message is a terrible idea full stop. Plus the fact you are insinuating it would stress you out is a good enough reason to NOT send it at all.

You may think it will make you feel better in the short term but I guarantee you'll regret it later on. You aren't consistent when it comes to her and inevitably there will be a time in the future where you start missing her again and realize it was a dick move. Things have died down already yet you persistently act like a complete tool.

I think you're right. I always do things then I regret it later. I should know better this time. I may feel better in the short time like you said, but afterwards I'll feel terrible.
I know I will miss her again. That's the problem.
So how do I deal with this hurt and pain? She doesn't care at all. This hurts me more. I can't forget my feelings. Regardless of what she's done. Believe me I try to do that everyday; I try to hate her and eveything but it just doesn't get rid of the hurt I feel.

The last message I sent to her was positive but she ignored it and didn't reply.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
I'm not sure why you ignore people who say 'don't send it' but do so at your own peril :redface:

I'm not sure; part of me wants to send it and make her feel bad about herself but part of me says no don't send it, you'll regret it.
It's like a constant inner battle I keep having with myself
I'm not sure; part of me wants to send it and make her feel bad about herself but part of me says no don't send it, you'll regret it.
It's like a constant inner battle I keep having with myself

Whatever you have, her number or facebook or anything like that, get rid of it and then you will be unable to do anything, even if you wanted to.
This was my last email to her:

"I hope you're ok. I don't want u to be angry.The reason why I emailed was coz it wasn't easy to forget this friendship and move forward.I'm trying to forget but it's not an easy thing to do.

I'm not like u, I mean I care a lot, and I can't just forget someone who I was friends with for 3yrs. It was not easy for me to accept.It was hard for me.

I regretted the way I acted.Anyway, U were a close friend so I will remember u will like that.I think I wont see u again, so goodbye.

If u r positive maybe it might make it easier for me to forget and move forward. There is 2 things u can do: u can ignore my message OR u can be positive and try to help another person who used to be ur friend."

And she did not reply. She ignored it. Do you see, nothing resonates with this girl. I talked from the heart but still she doesn't care.

"I hope you're ok. I don't want u to be angry.The reason why I emailed was coz it wasn't easy to forget this friendship and move forward.I'm trying to forget but it's not an easy thing to do.

I'm not like u, I mean I care a lot, and I can't just forget someone who I was friends with for 3yrs. It was not easy for me to accept.It was hard for me.

I regretted the way I acted.Anyway, U were a close friend so I will remember u will like that.I think I wont see u again, so goodbye.

If u r positive maybe it might make it easier for me to forget and move forward. There is 2 things u can do: u can ignore my message OR u can be positive and try to help another person who used to be ur friend."

And she did not reply. She ignored it. Do you see, nothing resonates with this girl. I talked from the heart but still she doesn't care.

Thats cause she has moved on with her life like you should. What if she spammed your email and never reads it?
Original post by SeanFM
Whatever you have, her number or facebook or anything like that, get rid of it and then you will be unable to do anything, even if you wanted to.

It's in my brain lol.

There is nothing more/new you can say now so just leave it. Stop thinking about her number and you will probably forget it.
Original post by chikane
Thats cause she has moved on with her life like you should. What if she spammed your email and never reads it?

:/ I don't know. She moved on easily coz she didn't care at all. I on the other hand, cared a lot. It's a lot easier when you just don't give a ****. And I'll hopefully be like that one day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SeanFM
There is nothing more/new you can say now so just leave it. Stop thinking about her number and you will probably forget it.

I don't think about her number, I just know it lol.
I wanted to tell her I regret our friendship, that she used me and that I hate her etc. And that she would not be getting the grades she has without my help. That would get to her I know
So the last few days I have been really struggling. It got worse. I am having severe chest pains and all sorts of emotions so today I decided to go the hospital.

After waiting for 5hrs, I saw a doctor. I explained to him everything that happened with this girl, how it has really left me in pieces etc. And he said you are suffering from anxiety, and you are really stressed and you're not coping well with it. He said I need therapy. So he will write a referral letter which I need to take to my own GP. So he feels I need counselling as it will help me to relax and control my emotions etc.

So I need to make an appointment with my GP next week.

Also, I was extremely anxious and upset last week in uni. I am really going through hell right now.

Shaking, trembling, feeling anxious, crying, no appetite, no motivation, emptiness, sadness, visibly shaken, regret, tense, panicky, etc

When will this get better? I am very panicky about my uni work too. Honestly this is the worst timing ever.

There is nothing to say just forget her. End off! It's not like we've all got something new to say :smile: So just forget he. She's gone. She doesn't exist

Sounds like you are trying not to move on. As i have already told you, you are being selfish. So what if she give you a quick positive reply. Then what? You go back to being friends with someone you want to **** but can't and in general is not good for you?

You need to understand that emotions, provided you are not a psychopath will always be dormant within you. They are irrational and will cause you to act based around how you feel, which is not always what is best for you. We can't ignore our emotions and it's hard to control them, but we can. If we can't do this we can at least control our actions. Which is something you are struggling to do.

You care about this girl in a selfish possessive way, not for her well being as she is clearly doing well without you and you can't stand that.

You are hurting yourself and this may accelerate into something you can't change. Promise me please that will try and change. Go for a walk please and think about how you can make your life enjoyable again. Don't reply to this with emotional ramble. I may not be able to completley empathise with you, just as everyone else on this forum but i can offer logical advice and perspective.
Original post by tailred
Sounds like you are trying not to move on. As i have already told you, you are being selfish. So what if she give you a quick positive reply. Then what? You go back to being friends with someone you want to **** but can't and in general is not good for you?

You need to understand that emotions, provided you are not a psychopath will always be dormant within you. They are irrational and will cause you to act based around how you feel, which is not always what is best for you. We can't ignore our emotions and it's hard to control them, but we can. If we can't do this we can at least control our actions. Which is something you are struggling to do.

You care about this girl in a selfish possessive way, not for her well being as she is clearly doing well without you and you can't stand that.

You are hurting yourself and this may accelerate into something you can't change. Promise me please that will try and change. Go for a walk please and think about how you can make your life enjoyable again. Don't reply to this with emotional ramble. I may not be able to completley empathise with you, just as everyone else on this forum but i can offer logical advice and perspective.

Everyone is selfish. I mean maybe if she was more positive it might not hurt as much?I just need to learn to control my emotions. Coz I struggle with them.

That's not fair, the way she ended this was really hurtful. She doesn't care and she just forget me so easily and that hurts me.
I am trying. I am just having a hard time to letting to and getting over this. It feels impossible to forget about her right now.
Original post by nisha.sri
There is nothing to say just forget her. End off! It's not like we've all got something new to say :smile: So just forget he. She's gone. She doesn't exist

She's gone but I feel extremely upset and hurt. It's not easy to forget her. I will always miss her :/
She's gone but I feel extremely upset and hurt. It's not easy to forget her. I will always miss her :/

Well i can't really help you with that :s-smilie: but think of all the happiness and try at least try to forget her :smile: or get another gf... I really don't know
Everyone is selfish. I mean maybe if she was more positive it might not hurt as much?I just need to learn to control my emotions. Coz I struggle with them.

That's not fair, the way she ended this was really hurtful. She doesn't care and she just forget me so easily and that hurts me.
I am trying. I am just having a hard time to letting to and getting over this. It feels impossible to forget about her right now.

Everyone is selfish yes. You are just not thinking about what she wants. You are acting as if you are entitled to her attention. You are not. It will always hurt. You can't run away from the pain sorry.

I'm trying to explain to you, regardless of what lead to you feeling this pain whether you loved , she was a bitch or whatever, you will still feel pain. Regardless of ho you react to the situation whether you ignore, or spam her with hate mail, you will still feel pain. she will still be on your mind. Therefore you need to make a logical decision on how to make yourself move on. Stop telling me that it's hard and you can't stay mad at her. We know this you've said it many times. Use logic, take a new approach regardless of how you feel.

Stop cherry picking what you reply to as well please. I want to know whether what i write is helping you.

Latest

Trending

Trending