The Student Room Group

Left revision tooooo late and need all a's at as

Hi everyone,
I asked a similar question a while back, and still not much progress. I study bio, chem maths (stats) and psychology. I have my AS exams in 3 weeks and i have only revised Bio( not fully). Ive done some maths C1 papers today but im really far behind and very stressed. Teachers all say i am capable of getting the A's, but how can I work hard effectively in these three weeks??. I want no regrets either 😭. Someone help? Thank you! X
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am at a similar situation as you.
I am doing Pure Math, Statistics and Physics.
Exams are 9 days from now.. And I am not even half way prepared..
[QUOTE=AhmedMA99;64369225]I am at a similar situation as you.
I am doing Pure Math, Statistics and Physics.
Exams are 9 days from now.. And I am not even half way prepared..

how in 9 days omdddd, thats scary! mine start on 16th may. work hard!!!
Original post by Lazybutorganised
how in 9 days omdddd, thats scary! mine start on 16th may. work hard!!!

4th of May is my first exam (Pure Math)
5th of May in my second exam (Physics)
I sure have to work hard </3
[QUOTE=AhmedMA99;64369549]4th of May is my first exam (Pure Math)
5th of May in my second exam (Physics)
I sure have to work hard </3

is this AS?? which exams sorry??
is this AS?? which exams sorry??

Yep.
9702 and 9709
Reply 6
I never studied for any of my exams not even for my final exams and still got A's. I would recommend revising all the stuff and do additional research. write a summary and stuff like that. sry not much of a help
[QUOTE=AhmedMA99;64369667]Yep.
9702 and 9709

oh it cause you have a different exam board to me, get off here and work lol
[QUOTE=sorailli;64369743]I never studied for any of my exams not even for my final exams and still got A's. I would recommend revising all the stuff and do additional research. write a summary and stuff like that. sry not much of a help

Thanks for the motivation!! did help haha. which subjects did you get the As in?? was it a levels?? thanks
oh it cause you have a different exam board to me, get off here and work lol

No body has got time for that lol
But seriously I don't know were to start from.
Hi everyone,
I asked a similar question a while back, and still not much progress. I study bio, chem maths (stats) and psychology. I have my AS exams in 3 weeks and i have only revised Bio( not fully). Ive done some maths C1 papers today but im really far behind and very stressed. Teachers all say i am capable of getting the A's, but how can I work hard effectively in these three weeks??. I want no regrets either 😭. Someone help? Thank you! X

I was in a similar position last year, there's still plenty of time, don't worry :smile:
Do some work though! :lol:
Thanks for the motivation!! did help haha. which subjects did you get the As in?? was it a levels?? thanks

yea it was. math,english ,film/media, history, but i guess there are just basics. prob wouldnt be able to do that in chem or bio
I was in your situation 2 years ago for AS, and also last year for A2 and now i'm back in the same position for my gap year resits...lol.
Math, Bio, Chem. I need AAB-ABB. I got ABCD for AS and BBC for A2.
There's a gd chance you can pull it off god willing, but it all depends on the person, everyone's different.
[QUOTE=bakedbeans247;64370225]I was in your situation 2 years ago for AS, and also last year for A2 and now i'm back in the same position for my gap year resits...lol.
Math, Bio, Chem. I need AAB-ABB. I got ABCD for AS and BBC for A2.
There's a gd chance you can pull it off god willing, but it all depends on the person, everyone's different.

thanks for the advice, i hope i can pull it off if i start working my socks off. yes, im a very very last minute person. good luck to you!!
[QUOTE=AhmedMA99;64369847]No body has got time for that lol
But seriously I don't know were to start from.

START!!!!! youll regret it otherwise! start with maths papaers and learning from the textbook
[QUOTE=milliethemoo;64370073]I was in a similar position last year, there's still plenty of time, don't worry :smile:
Do some work though! :lol:

thank you!! good luck for your exams!
Try to do every past paper for every subject you have, this means you will learn very good exam technique and will get many of the data interpretation marks (which often don't require you to have learnt as much content). If you find you have finished them all, then do them all again, this will help you further memorise how to write answers like in the mark scheme. Also, by doing many past papers you will by default memorise some content. Whilst doing this, try to concise your notes as much as possible and memorise them the boring way - writing them out many times. Also, youtube will help you memorise things by seeing them in a different format. With maths you will most certainly get the best grade by doing past papers over and over again, making notes for maths is useless as long as you memorise all the formulas you need to know that aren't in the data booklet. Whilst going through past papers, you'll spot that many questions come up again and again, so make sure you understand these well because they're guaranteed marks. good luck!
Reply 17
What grades are you on now?
Reply 18
Also if i am doing a new syllabus, should i not do past papers from a certain year e.g 2008 papers?
Hi everyone,

:facepalm:

Get off TSR and start doing at least 8 hours a day

Quick Reply

Latest