The Student Room Group

Do muslims see the West as a moral cesspit?

I mean everything in the western world goes against what they believe in : secularism, state and religion being separated, rights for women and gays, equal treatment of all religions and atheists, drinking alcohol, eating pork, having sex before marriage, not chopping hands off for theft or stoning adulterers or executing apostates, women wearing whatever they want, gay parades... we even love dogs!

I mean why would any muslim want to live in a world where you literally can't take a step without witnessing a sin against allah? And still millions of them risk their lives every year just for a shot at our morally bankrupt, vomit inducing society. It's pretty much like a libertarian who can't wait to move to North Korea?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because one can live a 'Muslim' life in places such as the UK whilst also receiving things one wouldn'tfind in places such as Saudi Arabia:

Tolerance
A decent welfare state
Not being killed in the most cruel ways for the most minor of discretions.
Criticise everything about the state whilst being able to label any criticism of yourself as 'islamaphobic.'
The privilege of always being the 'real victim ' of any given situation.

It's hardly a bad deal.
I don't care what they think.
Sayyid Qutb was one such Muslim you're talking about.
It's expected. Especially from religious and conservative Muslims (in particular salafists) believing in Islam, just as the 7th century Arabs of Muhammad and the Sahabah, no matter how controversial or reprehensible their beliefs and practices may seem.

But for say cultural muslims, it's perhaps slightly different, trying to balancing a western lifestyle with Islam, via cherry picking the parts of Islam compatible with the western world and their lifestyle.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Wait where is your last thread you made which was similar to this.
Reply 6
Original post by h333
Wait where is your last thread you made which was similar to this.

Nuked by white, self-hating, regressive left mods.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Erebor
Nuked by white, self-hating, regressive left mods.

LMAO. Yeah I can't access it.

Do you really hate muslims a lot? Btw muslims are not in a particular part of the world but can be anywhere. Muslims are in east west north south.
Reply 8
Original post by h333
LMAO. Yeah I can't access it.

Do you really hate muslims a lot? Btw muslims are not in a particular part of the world but can be anywhere. Muslims are in east west north south.

I think islam is a despicable ideology based on medieval superstition. And no, I don't hate muslims, I just think they need help like anyone else who has been brainwashed and indoctrinated, especially when it started from birth and it was presented to them as the one and only path in life. That's all.
Reply 9
Original post by Erebor
I think islam is a despicable ideology based on medieval superstition. And no, I don't hate muslims, I just think they need help like anyone else who has been brainwashed and indoctrinated, especially when it started from birth and it was presented to them as the one and only path in life. That's all.

Ok then. So you think I am also brainwashed as I am a muslim and I feel happy and do not seem to want help.

With me trust me I chose Islam myself no one pressured me or like you know said this is the only path. But for me it is the only path.
Reply 10
Original post by Erebor
I mean everything in the western world goes against what they believe in : secularism, state and religion being separated, rights for women and gays, equal treatment of all religions and atheists, drinking alcohol, eating pork, having sex before marriage, not chopping hands off for theft or stoning adulterers or executing apostates, women wearing whatever they want, gay parades... we even love dogs!

I mean why would any muslim want to live in a world where you literally can't take a step without witnessing a sin against allah? And still millions of them risk their lives every year just for a shot at our morally bankrupt, vomit inducing society. It's pretty much like a libertarian who can't wait to move to North Korea?!

You should Vote for Leaving the EU to take control of our country's borders, economy and laws. Let Europe take the bulk of the social responsibilities.
Original post by h333
Ok then. So you think I am also brainwashed as I am a muslim and I feel happy and do not seem to want help.

With me trust me I chose Islam myself no one pressured me or like you know said this is the only path. But for me it is the only path.

One does not need to be brainwashed by an individual or group of individuals. We can find one aspect of Islam correct and start believing the other themes in the faith, even if they may be against our core convictions. The driving force behind many religions is fear, and Islam is not immune from this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Because their greatest supporter is the left wing population, they are natural allies and by being in the west they can use the left to get rights like:
-claiming every criticism of Islam is Islamophobic
-Sharia law proceedings
-Male/Females divided events

All while getting access to
-generous benefit system
-western freedoms

They can live in the west but use the left to slowly change society into a more sharia-type system
Original post by NetworkTahweed
Depends where you mean by the west. Still the traditional life can be found in the catholic parts of Europe. Nevertheless secularism achieves nothing really apart from collapse of the nuclear family, dependence on the state, it damages children, it damages our health wellbeing. Its only the immigrants from the 3rd world ironically that are dragging us out of the pit that we're in; English natives in particular the women are totally dysfunctional in every way.

Doubt that's the cause of secularism, in the past nuclear families were bound by fear of poverty and social pressure, dependence on the state is better than the absolute awful conditions documented before the welfare state. Haven't got a clue where the chavs came from or why they behave like they do, it's not a lack of education given that immigrants in poverty rarely behave so badly. Even criminals are more civilised in some areas.
Reply 14
Depends where you mean by the west. Still the traditional life can be found in the catholic parts of Europe. Nevertheless secularism achieves nothing really apart from collapse of the nuclear family, dependence on the state, it damages children, it damages our health wellbeing. Its only the immigrants from the 3rd world ironically that are dragging us out of the pit that we're in; English natives in particular the women are totally dysfunctional in every way.

Wow, just wow.
British Muslims I do not think so but radicals, particularly those living abroad, I would imagine so
Reply 16
Original post by Aceadria
One does not need to be brainwashed by an individual or group of individuals. We can find one aspect of Islam correct and start believing the other themes in the faith, even if they may be against our core convictions. The driving force behind many religions is fear, and Islam is not immune from this.

Ok your opinion...but nothing really appeals to me as best way of life than Islam tbh. Trust I have looked at probably all ways lol. Don't say we do not need to follow any ways it just doesn't add up to me. I need a foundation.

I do not believe in the slightest I have been brainwashed this is the only thing really makes rational and logical sense to me. And if that was the case I could have really chosen any religion to make sense to me but nope only islam was very simple in its beliefs and had good reasonings etc.

Ahh, you're a dupe of @GlobalUmmah and @Global Shahada, aren't you? :rolleyes:
Original post by h333
Ok your opinion...but nothing really appeals to me as best way of life than Islam tbh. Trust I have looked at probably all ways lol. Don't say we do not need to follow any ways it just doesn't add up to me. I need a foundation.

Believe what you want, h333. Different people have differing belief systems but my issue is when people blindly follow something without fully understanding the consequences or reasons behind it. One of the beauties of Europe is that people have the 'right' to believe what they want.

Original post by h333
I do not believe in the slightest I have been brainwashed this is the only thing really makes rational and logical sense to me. And if that was the case I could have really chosen any religion to make sense to me but nope only islam was very simple in its beliefs and had good reasonings etc.

Good for you!
Original post by BenC1997
Because one can live a 'Muslim' life in places such as the UK whilst also receiving things one wouldn'tfind in places such as Saudi Arabia:

Tolerance
A decent welfare state
Not being killed in the most cruel ways for the most minor of discretions.
Criticise everything about the state whilst being able to label any criticism of yourself as 'islamaphobic.'
The privilege of always being the 'real victim ' of any given situation.

It's hardly a bad deal.

missed closet homosexual

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending