The Student Room Group

Greenhead College Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by habeeb_00
What are you all going to do at a-level?

Computer science, maths, further, and economics for me

I hope we can switch around for the first couple of weeks though

I told them Biology, Chemistry and History. I think I'm only going to do 3 as I don't want to add extra stress to myself.
Original post by Himani Vadhia
Of course! Are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, well I haven't accepted yet but I will definitely.

See you there :smile:- maybe( like thousands of students :3).
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Yeah, well I haven't accepted yet but I will definitely.

See you there :smile:- maybe( like thousands of students :3).

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Maths + further, chemistry and physics 🎉😆📚🖋📝

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 204
What A Levels did you apply for?

Originally, I had chose Biology, Chemistry and Maths but, at the interview the interviewer said that i should do history as well but tbh I don't think I can handle the stress of 4 A levels but honestly i can just decide at a later date.
Reply 205
Yeah at first I only wanted to do 3 but the interviewer seemed pretty keen on me doing 4. I think I can handle it but we can mess around with our choices later so idrm

Yeah that sounds about right. I think the first few days is just sorting A levels out and getting our timetables sorted. So yeah plenty of time to choose, my main worry is GCSE's. A level choices can come later.:smile:
Reply 206
I will have to travel quite a long way everyday because I live in Bradford that's another stressful thing. Do any of you have any suggestions on the commute?
Original post by I_M16
I will have to travel quite a long way everyday because I live in Bradford that's another stressful thing. Do any of you have any suggestions on the commute?

I live on the other side of Dewsbury near Middletown and I will get a lift to Dewsbury train station and then an 8 minute train to Huddersfield. It's then a 10 minute walk from the train station to the college.
I'll be taking maths, biology, chemistry & psychology. I thought about taking physics but you don't need it for a career medicine, unless you want to be an optician etc.

So what career paths are you all considering?
Original post by MadJester
I'll be taking maths, biology, chemistry & psychology. I thought about taking physics but you don't need it for a career medicine, unless you want to be an optician etc.

further study in chemistry or physics/maths
maybe lecturing in chemistry or maths

:smile:
Reply 210
Original post by MadJester

I am hoping to peruse a career in Medicine and especially pediatrics.
M&A at an investment bank. /cliché :biggrin:

why would you like to do this? e.g. inspiration/influence or interest etc.
Reply 212
M&A at an investment bank. /cliché :biggrin:

I don't even know what that is but it sounds really complex!:bigsmile:
I live on the other side of Dewsbury near Middletown and I will get a lift to Dewsbury train station and then an 8 minute train to Huddersfield. It's then a 10 minute walk from the train station to the college.

Sameee haha, there are quite a lot of people who do this btw( I've travelled the route for 5 years). Only I go from Halifax to Huddersfield to Dewsbury then a taxi...and my dad gives me a lift in the morning

On the way back prepare to stand lol as it's always full at like after 4.
Original post by I_M16
I don't even know what that is but it sounds really complex!:bigsmile:

My brother is there at the moment and I was just thinking about getting my lanyard. I'm so weird :smile:
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Sameee haha, there are quite a lot of people who do this btw( I've travelled the route for 5 years). Only I go from Halifax to Huddersfield to Dewsbury then a taxi...and my dad gives me a lift in the morning

On the way back prepare to stand lol as it's always full at like after 4.

yay! :frown: I hope it's worth it though.
Reply 216
My brother is there at the moment and I was just thinking about getting my lanyard. I'm so weird :smile:

You got me thinking actually. Did anyone else get a yellow sheet with some duke of Edinburgh award info when you got your offer letters. Does anyone actually know what it is?.
Original post by I_M16
You got me thinking actually. Did anyone else get a yellow sheet with some duke of Edinburgh award info when you got your offer letters. Does anyone actually know what it is?.

To apply for DofE I suppose? I'm might do it or I might not because I've already done World Challenge. How many people from your school get? Quite a few did from ours compared to last year.
Reply 218
To apply for DofE I suppose? I'm might do it or I might not because I've already done World Challenge. How many people from your school get? Quite a few did from ours compared to last year.

I think it was just me and my friend that got into greenhead but she isn't taking the place so it's just me 😂😂😂
I did, yeah. It's just to do the DoE gold award with school instead of like Scouts or something like people usually do - it's supposed to look good on a CV and build some skills like teamwork. I'm probably going to do it, wby?

There's a few people going from my school, like fifteen, twenty I think?

Only 5 got in last year at my school and like 15-20 people got in this year. I wonder why the number fluctuate?

Quick Reply

Latest