The Student Room Group

How's engineering at Oxford?

Can anyone describe how is it, the good/bad...
Reply 1
Original post by lewa9ewa
Can anyone describe how is it, the good/bad...

It might be worth you also considering Imperial, Cambridge and others.

Do you have a preferred speciality (mechanical, EEE, civil, aero, chemical, etc)? Is it your intention to have a career in engineering or some other field (eg finance)?

And are you an International or UK applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
It might be worth you also considering Imperial, Cambridge and others.

Do you have a preferred speciality (mechanical, EEE, civil, aero, chemical, etc)? Is it your intention to have a career in engineering or some other field (eg finance)?

And are you an International or UK applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am an European applicant and I would like to do mechanical engineering, I plan to send my application to imperial also, but not Cambridge.
I can't talk about the course itself but I can talk about the stats and what employers think, people are generally less satisfied at Oxford than other upper tier engineering schools and quite a lot fewer are hired as engineers. Oxford isn't really seen as an engineering school in the same way Imperial and to an extent Cambridge is.
Reply 4
Original post by Helloworld_95
I can't talk about the course itself but I can talk about the stats and what employers think, people are generally less satisfied at Oxford than other upper tier engineering schools and quite a lot fewer are hired as engineers. Oxford isn't really seen as an engineering school in the same way Imperial and to an extent Cambridge is.

Thanks for the info. Do you think it's harder to get into Cambridge than oxford for engineering ?
Reply 5
Original post by lewa9ewa
Thanks for the info. Do you think it's harder to get into Cambridge than oxford for engineering ?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4011305
Oxford or Cambridge?

But that's not the way to decide. Decide based on the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending