The Student Room Group

Greenhead College Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by habeeb_00
I did, yeah. It's just to do the DoE gold award with school instead of like Scouts or something like people usually do - it's supposed to look good on a CV and build some skills like teamwork. I'm probably going to do it, wby?

There's a few people going from my school, like fifteen, twenty I think?

I'm not sure yet it will look good on my cv but I hope it's more of a part time thing that doesn't consume my whole time because a levels are not exactly a walk in the park 😂😂😂. I am also doing NCS in the summer so that's another thing that can go on my CV.😂
Reply 221
Original post by Himani Vadhia
Only 5 got in last year at my school and like 15-20 people got in this year. I wonder why the number fluctuate?

Are you from a non partner school?
Original post by I_M16
Are you from a non partner school?

yep.
Reply 223
yep.

Me too😊 . I think most people at my school didnt really know about greenhead that's why it's only me who is going. 😂
Original post by I_M16
Me too😊 . I think most people at my school didnt really know about greenhead that's why it's only me who is going. 😂

A lot of people at my school knew about Greenhead and I think 1 in 3 got in on average.
Reply 225
A lot of people at my school knew about Greenhead and I think 1 in 3 got in on average.

Wow😂
Original post by I_M16
Wow😂

Ikr!
Reply 227
Ikr!

At least you will know people there. 😂 Instead of it being a sea of nameless faces.😂
Reply 228
Original post by habeeb_00
Anyone know what the first week is supposed to be like? Because there'll just be us AS kids, no A2

On the website it says that we will come in on either 30th/31st August were will work out a levels, timetable, enrichment, personal tutor etc Then on the 1st of September it will be like a tour around the college and teaching will commence on the 2nd of September for AS.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by I_M16
On the website it says that we will come in on either 30th/31st August were will work out a levels, timetable, enrichment, personal tutor etc Then on the 1st of September it will be like a tour around the college and teaching will commence on the 2nd of September for AS.

double confirmation...
http://www.greenhead.ac.uk/general/keydates.htm#afteroffer
:smile:
Reply 230
If you are still unsure
just have a look around the website. 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 231

Yeah I should've just posted the link lol silly me 😂😂😂
Original post by I_M16
If you are still on sure just have a look around the website. 😂

I put the link on
Apparently the college is quite multicultural. Any comments?
Original post by I_M16
Yeah I should've just posted the link lol silly me 😂😂😂

lol
Reply 235
Apparently the college is quite multicultural. Any comments?

I don't really know I'm black and I got accepted I don't really know what to say. But it does say on the website something like they pride themselves on the diversity
😂😂😂
Original post by I_M16
I don't really know I'm black and I got accepted I don't really know what to say. But it does say on the website something like they pride themselves on the diversity
😂😂😂

I hope that it is quite diverse :smile:
Reply 237
I hope that it is quite diverse :smile:

Me too actually it's a valid point 🤔
Original post by I_M16
Me too actually it's a valid point 🤔

Overall, if all goes well, I am looking forward to next year and I hope everyone else is feeling the same.
Yup, i'd say it's diverse.

Quick Reply

Latest