The Student Room Group

Is GCSEPod good?

Hey guys, I've been using GCSEPod as a method of revising for triple science - I see some AQA content that we have never covered and it's all over the place - However, it is quite useful in some cases - but I'm not sure if it is an effective revision source.

Basically, I watch the videos, make notes on them and then memorise - is that effective or not? Please help, thanks!
ABSOLUTELY. I think it is great for the sciences and English so useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by TracyEmu
ABSOLUTELY. I think it is great for the sciences and English so useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! The thing is - I see unit ones with just less than 40 chapters each and unit two physics is a whole 60 chapters!
I'm just about to finish the unit twos but physics unit two has taken so long to go through lol
Sometimes I wonder if I could've used that time more productively
Original post by KanL
Thanks! The thing is - I see unit ones with just less than 40 chapters each and unit two physics is a whole 60 chapters!
I'm just about to finish the unit twos but physics unit two has taken so long to go through lol
Sometimes I wonder if I could've used that time more productively

Just take your time. As long as what you are revising is sinking in, you will be fine. "it is not how far, but how well" especially when it involves P2(loads of content)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used GCSE pod for my GCSEs! It was pretty good but I wouldn't solely rely on them
Reply 5
Original post by RueXO
I used GCSE pod for my GCSEs! It was pretty good but I wouldn't solely rely on them

Ok thanks :smile:
Reply 6
My school is subscribed to them, but I don't find them very useful because there is often extra information which I do not need and the speed of the video is very slow (I'm not sure if there's a feature which makes it faster though).

But if you think you are taking the content in then by all means go for it!
Everyone revises differently.
Reply 7
Original post by KanL
Hey guys, I've been using GCSEPod as a method of revising for triple science - I see some AQA content that we have never covered and it's all over the place - However, it is quite useful in some cases - but I'm not sure if it is an effective revision source.

Basically, I watch the videos, make notes on them and then memorise - is that effective or not? Please help, thanks!

yoooo can i have your login pls my school cancelled it. they broke

Quick Reply

Latest