The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ladymusiclover
The researcher was testing whether different parenting techniques affected self esteem in their kids. It was a chi square test. So there were Authoritarian, democratic and laissez faire parenting styles which were compared with either high or low self-esteem. The data was drawn up in a contingency table.

I googled it and you can't have a directional hypothesis with a chi square test :smile:

Chi square tests can tell you if there is a relationship, but not what the relationship is! Hence the hypothesis is non directional
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by A-LJLB
I googled it and you can't have a directional hypothesis with a chi square test :smile:

Chi square tests can tell you if there is a relationship, but not what the relationship is! Hence the hypothesis is non directional

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! Never knew this.:colondollar: PRSOM
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 362
Any predictions for SLEEP RELATIONSHIPS OR AGGRESSION

and SCHIZOPHRENIA?
Does anyone have any good notes or essays or anything on intelligence and learning???? Really struggling and my teacher doesn't make any sense to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what questions may potentially come up? loopa.com normally post predictions but this year he hasnt :frown:
Original post by tiegan_hill
Unit 3: gender, relationships and aggression
Unit 4: schizophrenia, media psychology and research methods

anyone else doing these topics?

I am doing the same topics, except anomalistic psychology instead of media unit 4.
Original post by ellie0497
Division A.odt
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

I am also doing anomalistic and agree that it is boring and doesn't really fit in with the other topics I am studying. Thank you for attaching these notes!
Original post by Rachelb1210
I am also doing anomalistic and agree that it is boring and doesn't really fit in with the other topics I am studying. Thank you for attaching these notes!

Anomalistic does help with the research methods a bit.
Does anyone have a model essay answer for... Discuss issues of reliability and validity associated with the classification and diagnosis of phobic disorders (24 marks) and also for... Outline clinical characteristics of phobic disorders (8 marks)? I'm really struggling with these
Original post by Ladymusiclover
How is this non directional "Certain parental styles are associated with higher self esteem in adolescence". Isn't this directional??

It says'certain' so it doesnt say which parenting styles exactly. .
Original post by vall29
I made voice notes of Aggression, Relationships, Eating Behaviour, Addiction and Schizophrenia using my Macbook's Text to Speech generator, each essay is like 9 mins long so perfect to listen to before doing the essays or on the way to school and back, you can sacrifice listening to music for a few months lol. They're from my A* essay notes. They're good and easy to understand but take a bit to get used to the computer voice but it's all good. Trying to find a way to upload them somehow.
Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 11.49.50.png

Is there any way that you can send these to me?
Original post by A-LJLB
I also do aggression, sleep and schizophrenia! I could send you my neural/hormonal mechanisms for aggression and role of endogenous pacemakers for sleep? I did them in my mock exam and got an A* so I'm quite confident in them. PM me your email?

can you message me your endogenous pacemakers essay please?
Hey does anyone have an essay for issues with reliability and validity of classifying schizophrenia and the role of social learning theory as a explanation of aggression as I'm really struggling to get A* in those two:wink:
P.s for anyone doing aggression are you learning neural and hormonal mechanisms as two separate essays or a joint, because our teacher told us to learn them separately but this seems unnecessary to me...
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Hey does anyone have an essay for issues with reliability and validity of classifying schizophrenia and the role of social learning theory as a explanation of aggression as I'm really struggling to get A* in those two:wink:
P.s for anyone doing aggression are you learning neural and hormonal mechanisms as two separate essays or a joint, because our teacher told us to learn them separately but this seems unnecessary to me...

Separately as both can be asked, plus I only focus on one even if the question says and/or
hey guys :smile:

I'm doing
PSYA3- relationships, aggression and bio rhythms and sleep
PSYA4- addiction, phobias and research methods

i got an A at AS
predicted an A* at A2 (and need it for uni)

were still not finished the course and were still learning addiction and phobias so I'm pretty worried! does anyone have any good resources for these? i feel ok with paper 3 and am now just learning my model essays off by heart but am so scared for paper 4- any help would be really appreciated :smile:
Does anyone have any advice on how to write the essays for media? My teacher hasn't really told us how to structure them and I'm really struggling with it. Thanks 😊
Hi people ! Just wondering..since Cog Dev is a topic that not many people do, should I start a group chat on whatsapp where we can all exchange resources like A grade answers/ notes ?? PM me your number if you are interested
If i'm writing an essay on social learning theory, after I've wrote 'social learning theory' the first time can I shorten it to 'SET' for the rest of the essay?
Does anyone have any model answers or tips for the questions for the media topic? I am struggling to understand how to structure my answers as they are different from the other topics
Reply 379
Original post by NatalieUK
If i'm writing an essay on social learning theory, after I've wrote 'social learning theory' the first time can I shorten it to 'SET' for the rest of the essay?

SLT* but yes you can

Latest

Trending

Trending