The Student Room Group

Serious question for A2 students - How many times have you cried this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
I cried once in A2 during a Chemistry ISA. :redface:

:h:

I love how I'm not the only one that has cried at school, because I honestly felt ridiculously pathetic after I did that :redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

I love how I'm not the only one that has cried at school, because I honestly felt ridiculously pathetic after I did that :redface:

In that moment I felt pathetic as well and cried further as a result. :cry: :hide:

Why do you cry, Mrs Holmes? :redface:
This is so sad. :cry2: Why do A-levels hurt us like this

Spoiler

Imagine crying over A Level exams lmfao. Such spoiled brats. Be grateful that you have the chance to take such exams and make something out of your life instead of thinking about how hard life is and how nothing goes your way. If you cry over these exams then life is gonna hit you so damn hard that you'll never be able to recover.
Original post by AliRizzo
Imagine crying over A Level exams lmfao. Such spoiled brats. Be grateful that you have the chance to take such exams and make something out of your life instead of thinking about how hard life is and how nothing goes your way. If you cry over these exams then life is gonna hit you so damn hard that you'll never be able to recover.

lol WOW! Most of the people that have commented about crying/feeling pressure is because they WANT TO DO WELL in their exams, go post this on a thread where people couldn't care less about their exams. It seems more appropriate there.:colonhash:

"spoilt brats" lol whatever m8
lol WOW! Most of the people that have commented about crying/feeling pressure is because they WANT TO DO WELL in their exams, go post this on a thread where people couldn't care less about their exams. It seems more appropriate there.:colonhash:

"spoilt brats" lol whatever m8

OK, my advice still applies here. Crying isn't gonna raise your grade.
Pleased to report just cried again :ahee:
so it is definety not just you gorgeous <3 :hugs: xxx

Your "advice" doesn't apply here, most of the people here are far from spoilt brats, everyone here is talking about wanting to do well in their exams. I can't believe you actually just wrote that. :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)

No one is crying for the sake of it. Sometimes you just can't help it. :curious:
Original post by CoolCavy
Pleased to report just cried again :ahee:
so it is definety not just you gorgeous <3 :hugs: xxx

Oh dear lord, here have hugs!!! xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yh because people decide when/ where they are going to cry. SMH. 😪
Oh dear lord, here have hugs!!! xx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

In fairness it wasn't really to do with AS :redface: but AS isn't helping either :rofl:
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: ly gorgeous xxx
gonna go to sleep now ttys <3
:lovehug:
:goodnight: xxx

I once cried in school because my English teacher said my essay was crap in front of the whole class and I was so embarassed.It was my first time doing an essay on a play.She said I should do corrections and the funny thing was,I didnt correct it and the following paragraphs was fine..It was only my first paragraph that was bad.

I knew from that point I was not a humanities person and I would be dropping Lit.
Original post by RedRosesBloom
Yh because people decide when/ where they are going to cry. SMH. 😪

Learn to control your emotional state instead of blaming other factors. If that fails, then I'd advise going to see a doctor.
Learn to control your emotional state instead of blaming other factors. If that fails, then I'd advise going to see a doctor.

Lol what?
Get of the forum and go to sleep , you need it :redface:
Original post by Kadak
I once cried in school because my English teacher said my essay was crap in front of the whole class and I was so embarassed.It was my first time doing an essay on a play.She said I should do corrections and the funny thing was,I didnt correct it and the following paragraphs was fine..It was only my first paragraph that was bad.

I knew from that point I was not a humanities person and I would be dropping Lit.

But at least you figured that out right? :tongue:

Sorry that happened to you, your teacher sounded awful! :frown:
I don't have count - numerous times. :redface:
I found A levels relatively straightforward but university is much more unorthodox.

My flatmate cried for a week straight before her 1st year Math exams at Warwick, she ended up only sitting her core modules in the summer. It wasn't pretty, we all felt so bad :redface:
Original post by LaMandarine
Wait until you get to uni :daydreaming:

If you're studying history, you'll have at least 5 times more sources to research :lol:

I take it you're studying history then? :s-smilie:
it's not even exam related but w.e. It happened yesterday.

I was ordering a phone for my birthday. Saw an S6 with 4GB data for £35 a month. Thought "wow, this is so cheap". I immidiately ordered.

Minutes later, I find an S7 for £35 a month and the same data plan. Tried to cancel my order on the S6 but the website wouldn't let me.

A (mental) tear was shed. I couldn't even call customer service since it was Sunday. I'll try calling them today but it may be too late since the phone mighr get dispatched before the line opens

And here we have a student who probably took btec ICT, Construction and Media. Then he has the audacity to wonder why he didn't find a levels as stressful as others lmao. I've never gotten emotional because of school but i understand why some do. Some find it harder than others but have loads of pressure put on them by family members or peers.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest