The Student Room Group

Girl I like only seems to message me when it's convenient for her

So just before Christmas I met this girl and we hit it off straight away but she was in a relationship at the time, just after Christmas she broke up with the guy and she added me on Facebook and we started talking a lot more and I made it really obvious that I liked her and I got the impression that she liked me back. She would always pop up on my Facebook liking and commenting on my statuses.

Anyway for the last few months she hasn't seemed as eager to talk to me, when I message her first I see that she has read the message but doesn't reply for a few days or never at all. But if she messages me first she always says she really misses me and I get the impression she only messages me when it's a convenient time for her. Also I have not looked at her Facebook profile or interacted with any of her statuses on Facebook for months but when I go on my friends list she is always listed as one of my top two friends, does this mean she is looking at my profile?

My head is a mess what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So just before Christmas I met this girl and we hit it off straight away but she was in a relationship at the time, just after Christmas she broke up with the guy and she added me on Facebook and we started talking a lot more and I made it really obvious that I liked her and I got the impression that she liked me back. She would always pop up on my Facebook liking and commenting on my statuses.

Anyway for the last few months she hasn't seemed as eager to talk to me, when I message her first I see that she has read the message but doesn't reply for a few days or never at all. But if she messages me first she always says she really misses me and I get the impression she only messages me when it's a convenient time for her. Also I have not looked at her Facebook profile or interacted with any of her statuses on Facebook for months but when I go on my friends list she is always listed as one of my top two friends, does this mean she is looking at my profile?

Probably cause she likes and comments on your status alot thats why she is a top friend maybe, there is no way to see whether she has looked at your profile.
She could be busy or maybe she is not looking for a relationship do you see her around?
Reply 2
Original post by chikane
Probably cause she likes and comments on your status alot thats why she is a top friend maybe, there is no way to see whether she has looked at your profile.
She could be busy or maybe she is not looking for a relationship do you see her around?

Sorry I forgot to mention that she hasn't liked or commented on anything I have put on Facebook for about 2 or 3 months now. We don't see each other around that much due to us both being really busy. I still see her updating Facebook after she has read my messages that is what is really getting to me.
Reply 3
Sorry I forgot to mention that she hasn't liked or commented on anything I have put on Facebook for about 2 or 3 months now. We don't see each other around that much due to us both being really busy. I still see her updating Facebook after she has read my messages that is what is really getting to me.

She just broken up with her ex and i guess you telling her right away you liked her might have pushed her away? Also maybe she likes the attention she gets from you which is why she says she misses you cause if she misses you surely she would want to chat with you or even see you.

It is rude when people ignore your messages happened to me too where i was always the one initiating and the other person wouldn't carry the conversation on so i just stopped in the end if they cared they would respond.

Sounds like she's just not that into you
Reply 5
Original post by chikane
She just broken up with her ex and i guess you telling her right away you liked her might have pushed her away? Also maybe she likes the attention she gets from you which is why she says she misses you cause if she misses you surely she would want to chat with you or even see you.

It is rude when people ignore your messages happened to me too where i was always the one initiating and the other person wouldn't carry the conversation on so i just stopped in the end if they cared they would respond.

I never actually told her I liked her I just gave her hints I like her, my head is all over the place at the moment because she will say she misses me but then when I message her she doesn't reply.
Reply 6
I never actually told her I liked her I just gave her hints I like her, my head is all over the place at the moment because she will say she misses me but then when I message her she doesn't reply.

If she messages you again just ignore her or say if you miss me we should meet up, i can guarantee you won't get a reply back.
Reply 7

Get a new girl for Christmas this year
Reply 8
Original post by chikane
If she messages you again just ignore her or say if you miss me we should meet up, i can guarantee you won't get a reply back.

The problem is I know I will message her again I can't help myself.
Reply 9
The problem is I know I will message her again I can't help myself.

Probably why she messages as she knows you will definitely reply.

I would get rid of her for the time being
Ive been in a similar situation.
Shes just come out of a relationship and i doubt shes ready for another one yet.
I think you came on too strong too soon!
Just dont message her for a few days and see whar happens!
Maybe try to arrange to meet with her if you can both find time.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Ive been in a similar situation.
Shes just come out of a relationship and i doubt shes ready for another one yet.
I think you came on too strong too soon!
Just dont message her for a few days and see whar happens!
Maybe try to arrange to meet with her if you can both find time.

I seem to go through a cycle of not messaging her for a few weeks and then caving in and messaging her but she will then either not reply until days later or not reply at all.
top tip mate, have a relationship with cuddly toys, i tried it once and never looked back. they always agree with you and are never angry
Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen :colone:
Original post by coffeeclub
Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen :colone:

It doesn't seem to be working for me :frown: it's really getting me down.
keep going mate, try the scatter gun approach if your having no luck. why dont you go see her, sit her down and talk some sense into her you aint no fool
Original post by coffeeclub
keep going mate, try the scatter gun approach if your having no luck. why dont you go see her, sit her down and talk some sense into her you aint no fool

We're both so busy at the moment and we live a considerable distance away from each other that it's not easy to meet up. I always think when I speak to her I'm going to try the tough love thing and make it seem like I haven't missed her but being completely honest I do miss her all the time and the longer we go without speaking the more I think nothing will ever happen between us.
We're both so busy at the moment and we live a considerable distance away from each other that it's not easy to meet up. I always think when I speak to her I'm going to try the tough love thing and make it seem like I haven't missed her but being completely honest I do miss her all the time and the longer we go without speaking the more I think nothing will ever happen between us.

Did you meet her once in person? How far away are you from one another?
(edited 7 years ago)
What is the problem? Why would she message you at an inconvenient time for her when she knows she is either too busy or can't at the current time keep a conversation going?

You're not in a relationship with this girl and your expectations are far too high.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending