Cambridge
Oxford
LSE
Imperial
St Andrews

Loughborough up to 7th (from 11th)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

For those of you who enjoy a bit of tongue in cheek sarcasm in your uni rankings analysis, check this out.
Sussex ranked above Edinburgh???
Durham not listed in the East Asian table?
Can someone made a PDF copy please for download
Reply 5
I am buzzing Loughborough made it to the top 10 :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by ODES_PDES

Print As... [pdf]
Original post by jneill
Print As... [pdf]

Danke
Original post by jneill
Print As... [pdf]

Thanks bae <3
Original post by Summit
I am buzzing Loughborough made it to the top 10 :biggrin:

Due to the least reliable criteria - some terrible universities get high student satisfaction, take Bangor University for example.
Good to see UCL and KCL outside the top 10
Original post by ODES_PDES

It would break the rules of the Complete University Guide site for someone to download and share a copy of their ranking

They've charged universities for doing this in the past: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ADMIN-PLANNING;998707e8.1604
@Princepieman

thoughts on Loughborough taking over Warwick??
Warwick/UCL and even Bristol/KCL/Edinburgh etc are far ahead of loughborough, Uni rankings dont mean anything tbh.
Original post by C_Richards99
@Princepieman

thoughts on Loughborough taking over Warwick??

LOL <- that's all I can say.

Look at the numbers. The only reason they got bumped was because of their spending per student. I don't see how throwing dollars around for new buildings is helpful in a ranking. The anomaly I guess is the grad prospects (averaged out postgrad + employment) mark for LSE and Warwick; I'm not convinced it's accurate.

These rankings are pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things, I only look at specific subject rankings and even then only the grad prospects, research quality and average UCAS points achieved metrics matter.

I'd much rather rely on actual destination information, surveys based on top grad employers and the new Linkedin rankings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
LOL <- that's all I can say.

Look at the numbers. The only reason they got bumped was because of their spending per student. I don't see how throwing dollars around for new buildings is helpful in a ranking. The anomaly I guess is the grad prospects (averaged out postgrad + employment) mark for LSE and Warwick; I'm not convinced it's accurate.

These rankings are pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things, I only look at specific subject rankings and even then only the grad prospects, research quality and average UCAS points achieved metrics matter.

I'd much rather rely on actual destination information, surveys based on top grad employers and the new Linkedin rankings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Warwick's 'Academic Services Spend' is greater than Loughborough's though haha.

Why are you not convinced its accurate? Loughborough is pretty highly regarded by employers according to this :smile:

Nevertheless, still pretty impressive how it's one of the few universities to be in the top 10 of all three national league tables
Reply 16
Loughborough although a decent university, its definately not a top 10 university, Oxbridge/UCL/Warwick/LSE/Imperial/Durham/St Andrews are the top 8 (In no particular order) and then the likes of Bristol/KCL/Edinburgh are all contenders for the remaining 2 spots.

Elite finance firms target Warwick/UCL a lot more than Loughborough.
Original post by C_Richards99
Warwick's 'Academic Services Spend' is greater than Loughborough's though haha.

Why are you not convinced its accurate? Loughborough is pretty highly regarded by employers according to this :smile:

Nevertheless, still pretty impressive how it's one of the few universities to be in the top 10 of all three national league tables

Because historically, Warwick and LSE have had solid numbers for grad prospects looking at individual courses. I'm uncertain as to how exactly they average out these grad prospects across all degrees, but certainly for most courses of study they both do well - usually leaps and bounds better than Loughborough.

Oh no, I don't doubt that Loughborough is a great uni. It certainly is, but I just don't think its other metrics are high enough to warrant such a high position on the league table.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Loughborough ahead of Warwick and UCL lol what a joke. IMO both UCL and Warwick are top 6 Universities and Loughborough is a top 20 at best (which is still great obviously).

Also Bristol 24th lol seriously?
ahahaha Loughborough 7th???? Just shows that league tables can be a load of ******** sometimes

Quick Reply

Latest