The Student Room Group

What to wear for 6th form interview

I have an interview on Friday and all it says regarding clothes is "what you feel comfortable wearing".
I don't have school, so I don't really want to wear my uniform and my mum thinks I should wear smart-casual.... But I don't really know what to wear....

Can anyone suggest an outfit?
Or even a item such as a specific dress/skirt/blouse - because I can go shopping in a shopping centre between now and then - but I have a pretty small budget
A blouse would be smart! Just go smarter than seeing friend etc, but not too smart :tongue: I don't know if that helps.... haha :smile:
I went smart casual and everyone else was in jeans and a t-shirt/hoodie....
Reply 3
If I'm unsure of what to wear, I usually go for a blouse or a loose shirt and dark (preferably black) jeans and a small heeled ankle boot.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
I went smart casual and everyone else was in jeans and a t-shirt/hoodie....

Then it sounds like you were the best dressed out of all of them.
Original post by Davalla
Then it sounds like you were the best dressed out of all of them.

The letter said to wear what you felt comfortable - and it made me more nervous because I stood out like a sore thumb. I don't think they cared about what we wore - but the girls I saw at the exam we dressed smarter than the girls at the interview which I thought was kind of strange.

But can't change any of it so :s-smilie:
I have an interview on Friday and all it says regarding clothes is "what you feel comfortable wearing".
I don't have school, so I don't really want to wear my uniform and my mum thinks I should wear smart-casual.... But I don't really know what to wear....

Can anyone suggest an outfit?
Or even a item such as a specific dress/skirt/blouse - because I can go shopping in a shopping centre between now and then - but I have a pretty small budget

You

Just wear something casual comfortable and smart. They won't judge you on what you're wearing unless you come in like jeans. Sixth form interviews really aren't a big deal they will just discuss your target grades and the courses you're applying for. It's certainly no job interview
Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
You

Just wear something casual comfortable and smart. They won't judge you on what you're wearing unless you come in like jeans. Sixth form interviews really aren't a big deal they will just discuss your target grades and the courses you're applying for. It's certainly no job interview

Everyone else came in "like jeans"
Everyone else came in "like jeans"

Lol oh well, as i said before its not a big deal they're not judging you
wear a bikini!:biggrin:

lol jk, I wore my school uniform in all of my interviews 😉
Original post by rayestar
wear a bikini!:biggrin:

lol jk, I wore my school uniform in all of my interviews 😉

I didn't have school so I could really be bothered to wear school uniform - I hate my uniform - it's super ugly and my skirt is too long so I either have a short and really bulky skirt that makes me look fatter, or I have a long skirt that makes me look weird.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending