The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accommodation Info

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don'tworryME
Hello there, i still don't have an accommodation offer and i applied months ago, is this normal?

Yes, UEA don't give accomodation offers out until July/August time- late August if your offer is conditional
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 41
Which halls/accommodation is best for a sociable person who wants to go out a few times a week and to host gatherings etc, is there a noticeable difference in each halls and is there one which would be best for somebody who wants to be in the centre of everything that goes on and close to the action so to speak.
Original post by KentonW
Which halls/accommodation is best for a sociable person who wants to go out a few times a week and to host gatherings etc, is there a noticeable difference in each halls and is there one which would be best for somebody who wants to be in the centre of everything that goes on and close to the action so to speak.

Generally the ziggurats are referred to as the 'party flats' more than the other accommodation options. They're very close to the centre of campus, and often people do pre and post drinks there when it's LCR nights...

That doesn't mean other places won't have flat parties of course, but perhaps slightly less so.

If you want to be in the centre of everything and close to the action, I'd recommend the ziggurats - remember the ziggurats aren't ensuite accommodation though!
why do we have to pick seven accomodation places? its too much...
Original post by scrawlx101
why do we have to pick seven accomodation places? its too much...

I think it's extremely unlikely that you'd ever be given your 7th choice, but it's just so they know as much about the order of your preference for when allocating rooms!!
Reply 45
is there any sort of common room or anything like that for any of the buildings :redface: ?
Original post by Sirelis
is there any sort of common room or anything like that for any of the buildings :redface: ?

I believe Crome Court has a common room kind of room, however, the other main residences like Britten etc., Ziggurats and the Village don't have a common room. They just obviously have the kitchen for your flat which is used as your 'living' area as well...!
Reply 47
Original post by mobbsy91
I believe Crome Court has a common room kind of room, however, the other main residences like Britten etc., Ziggurats and the Village don't have a common room. They just obviously have the kitchen for your flat which is used as your 'living' area as well...!

Ahhh right thank you, I went to visit and didn't see any :tongue: stuck between Loughborough,Surrey and UEA for firm, just weighing up little pros and cons :smile:
Original post by Sirelis
Ahhh right thank you, I went to visit and didn't see any :tongue: stuck between Loughborough,Surrey and UEA for firm, just weighing up little pros and cons :smile:

Ahh fair enough! Feel free to hit me up with any questions about UEA... I had an offer from Surrey, but didn't see it, and so chose UEA - it's great :tongue:
yo bruh does rom come wiv bed k thnaks bye
Original post by mynamshrek
yo bruh does rom come wiv bed k thnaks bye

Haha, yeh, the beds come included in price :rofl:
Haha, yeh, the beds come included in price :rofl:

u lafin at me fam 1v1 me on rust
Reply 52
Ahh fair enough! Feel free to hit me up with any questions about UEA... I had an offer from Surrey, but didn't see it, and so chose UEA - it's great :tongue:

Surrey was pretty nice, but it's about 40 mins away from home, bit too close! Do you mind me asking what you think the best and worst things about UEA are?
Original post by mynamshrek
u lafin at me fam 1v1 me on rust

Maybe? :lol:
Original post by Sirelis
Surrey was pretty nice, but it's about 40 mins away from home, bit too close! Do you mind me asking what you think the best and worst things about UEA are?

Ahh, yeh, that'd be a big downer for me tbh... I like being far away from home!

Pros: Really nice campus, accommodation is generally quite good! The teaching for my course at least, is also very good! For me, it's far away from home which is good too! Norwich is also very nice, quite a lot to do there!

Cons: It's not close to anything, like, getting to London is a bit of a bugger because the trains are ****! I find it can get quite quiet at times... SU is relatively underfunded, and the SU shop is pretty expensive - very annoying!!

Can't think of anything else right now tbh!
Reply 54
Maybe? :lol:

Ahh, yeh, that'd be a big downer for me tbh... I like being far away from home!

Pros: Really nice campus, accommodation is generally quite good! The teaching for my course at least, is also very good! For me, it's far away from home which is good too! Norwich is also very nice, quite a lot to do there!

Cons: It's not close to anything, like, getting to London is a bit of a bugger because the trains are ****! I find it can get quite quiet at times... SU is relatively underfunded, and the SU shop is pretty expensive - very annoying!!

Can't think of anything else right now tbh!

Yeah same, otherwise my parents would be visiting non stop. What course do you do? I'm gunna do economics and the lecturers all seemed quite cool. Yeah that's annoying, it's so expensive to get to London and long! When you say it gets quiet, do you mean socially.. as in there's nothing to do and it gets boring? and what accommodation did you get, did you like it? Sorry I promise I won't ask anymore questions haha!
Original post by Sirelis
Yeah same, otherwise my parents would be visiting non stop. What course do you do? I'm gunna do economics and the lecturers all seemed quite cool. Yeah that's annoying, it's so expensive to get to London and long! When you say it gets quiet, do you mean socially.. as in there's nothing to do and it gets boring? and what accommodation did you get, did you like it? Sorry I promise I won't ask anymore questions haha!

Yeh haha! I've only had one visitor since coming here, which was my mum and my brother, and that's been fine - it's not too bad for me to get home, only about 5 hours door to door, but I just don't do that too often :biggrin:

I do Business Finance and Economics - so majority is Economics. I find the Economics part of my course much better than part of the Business side, so in terms of that, you're in safe hands if you do come here! It's a really great course, the lecturers (especially Fabio, if you came to appl. day, you might have done Happiness Economics with him?) is really great and fun and interactive!

Yeh, if you book in advance it's not too bad, but I've had to get into london before 10am a couple of times, and that means an early start!!!

Erm, not so much quiet, I mean, LCR at least twice a week, student nights in city as well... the social life is actually really big here. I more mean that like right now, I'm in my room, and it's very quiet around me... Probably not very unusual, but I wouldn't mind a bit more activity to remind me I'm not all alone... I think that does also depend on who you are though... for me, I generally stay in my room during the day if not in lectures, so don't see that many people... obviously the SU is much busier, the library much busier... On weekends I do get quite bored though - perhaps depending on who you're friends with, it wouldn't be so boring, so that might be an experience which applies more to me than the general mass of students!

I'm in Britten House, so ensuite - really like the ensuite, would definitely recommend it if you can get it :smile:

Do please ask any other questions if you have them, you're pretty much saving me from revision for exams right now, so it's cool :biggrin:
Reply 56
Yeh haha! I've only had one visitor since coming here, which was my mum and my brother, and that's been fine - it's not too bad for me to get home, only about 5 hours door to door, but I just don't do that too often :biggrin:

I do Business Finance and Economics - so majority is Economics. I find the Economics part of my course much better than part of the Business side, so in terms of that, you're in safe hands if you do come here! It's a really great course, the lecturers (especially Fabio, if you came to appl. day, you might have done Happiness Economics with him?) is really great and fun and interactive!

Yeh, if you book in advance it's not too bad, but I've had to get into london before 10am a couple of times, and that means an early start!!!

Erm, not so much quiet, I mean, LCR at least twice a week, student nights in city as well... the social life is actually really big here. I more mean that like right now, I'm in my room, and it's very quiet around me... Probably not very unusual, but I wouldn't mind a bit more activity to remind me I'm not all alone... I think that does also depend on who you are though... for me, I generally stay in my room during the day if not in lectures, so don't see that many people... obviously the SU is much busier, the library much busier... On weekends I do get quite bored though - perhaps depending on who you're friends with, it wouldn't be so boring, so that might be an experience which applies more to me than the general mass of students!

I'm in Britten House, so ensuite - really like the ensuite, would definitely recommend it if you can get it :smile:

Do please ask any other questions if you have them, you're pretty much saving me from revision for exams right now, so it's cool :biggrin:

Hahaha it's roughly the same for me but I can't see my parents making that journey. My brother went to a uni about an hr away and my parents visited a lot, apparently his room mates loved them because they would literally clean everything spotless and bring pizza for everyone. Yeah I spoke to him for quite a while actually, he was really nice :smile: I liked the idea of doing smaller class sizes as well as large ones to make sure you get more attention and learn better. That's the worst, the applicant day was at 10am and I really wasn't feeling getting an early train (was convinced I was gunna get lost on the underground) So I just went up the night before, I was watching the walking dead on the train and this woman was giving me the dirtiest looks you could imagine! Ahh right gotcha, it makes sense for it to be quiet right now though? right next to exams in all. I was wandering, do you get any sort of past paper material to revise off at uni for your exams.. or do you almost go in blind? And where I work, they said they'd transfer me to wherever I go, so that would be on the weekend, and I wanna keep playing football, do you know if they play on the weekend or Wednesdays? I was so sure I was going to get an ensuite but when I visited I really liked the ziggurats and everyone told me you never have to wait for the toilets and it's not messy, not entirely sure if that's true though. Same, doing the odd core 4 question,getting stuck and giving up :smile: Thanks for your help btw!
Original post by Sirelis
Hahaha it's roughly the same for me but I can't see my parents making that journey. My brother went to a uni about an hr away and my parents visited a lot, apparently his room mates loved them because they would literally clean everything spotless and bring pizza for everyone. Yeah I spoke to him for quite a while actually, he was really nice :smile: I liked the idea of doing smaller class sizes as well as large ones to make sure you get more attention and learn better. That's the worst, the applicant day was at 10am and I really wasn't feeling getting an early train (was convinced I was gunna get lost on the underground) So I just went up the night before, I was watching the walking dead on the train and this woman was giving me the dirtiest looks you could imagine! Ahh right gotcha, it makes sense for it to be quiet right now though? right next to exams in all. I was wandering, do you get any sort of past paper material to revise off at uni for your exams.. or do you almost go in blind? And where I work, they said they'd transfer me to wherever I go, so that would be on the weekend, and I wanna keep playing football, do you know if they play on the weekend or Wednesdays? I was so sure I was going to get an ensuite but when I visited I really liked the ziggurats and everyone told me you never have to wait for the toilets and it's not messy, not entirely sure if that's true though. Same, doing the odd core 4 question,getting stuck and giving up :smile: Thanks for your help btw!

Haha, fair enough, but yeh, I didn't actually let them into my flat for more than about 5 mins... :rofl: Much easier that way!!!

Ahh awesome, but yeh, he's one of my favourite lecturers definitely! But yeh, the mix of lectures, seminars, workshops is definitely good! Yeh, when I did my appl. day I came up night before as it was much easier... Hahaha, shouldn't be watching that kinda stuff on the train :tongue:

Yeh, I suppose so! Would be nice for a little more noise though!!! haha, it is summer after all - although horrible day today!

Yeh, you do get some past papers which DoS release. Some lecturers give out extra questions, and then the seminar work is also very good to work from, as they're sometimes exam style questions...

Erm, I think it's a mix of weekend and weekdays for football - usually BUCS matches are Wednesday I think, but some matches and training at weekend too.

Haha, depends who you're with honestly... I've had mixed comments, and from experience, after a big night, having your own bathroom you know is relatively clean is bliss, as well as if you have bad food or something...

Ahh good ol'd Core 4... don't miss that at all :biggrin:

No worries :smile:
Reply 58
Haha, fair enough, but yeh, I didn't actually let them into my flat for more than about 5 mins... :rofl: Much easier that way!!!

Ahh awesome, but yeh, he's one of my favourite lecturers definitely! But yeh, the mix of lectures, seminars, workshops is definitely good! Yeh, when I did my appl. day I came up night before as it was much easier... Hahaha, shouldn't be watching that kinda stuff on the train :tongue:

Yeh, I suppose so! Would be nice for a little more noise though!!! haha, it is summer after all - although horrible day today!

Yeh, you do get some past papers which DoS release. Some lecturers give out extra questions, and then the seminar work is also very good to work from, as they're sometimes exam style questions...

Erm, I think it's a mix of weekend and weekdays for football - usually BUCS matches are Wednesday I think, but some matches and training at weekend too.

Haha, depends who you're with honestly... I've had mixed comments, and from experience, after a big night, having your own bathroom you know is relatively clean is bliss, as well as if you have bad food or something...

Ahh good ol'd Core 4... don't miss that at all :biggrin:

No worries :smile:

Owch, 5hr journey to see 5 mins of your accommodation :P
Yeah the students at the applicant day seemed really fond of the lecturers, saying they went clubbing with them etc seems a bit bizarre but can definitely see the funny side to it haha.
She shouldn't of been looking!! and it's so good.
True, although it's really nice weather over here :smile:
ahh that's not too bad then, how do you find the coursework? I've always been scared of presentations, are they done in front of everyone?
Ohhhh crap I don't wanna give up my job, could definitely do with the money.
That's definitely true, knowing my luck I'll end up with the worse room mates possible, my mate was telling me to get an ensuite because his toilets are always clogged with sick :redface:

Yep but it'll all be over in 2 months :smile:
I have firmed UEA for Speech & Language Therapy and stuck between applying for en suite village or the zigs, I would only go for zigs as they sound good and are a cheaper price however, would much prefer my own bathroom! I think the block I will mostly be studying in is near the hospital therefore, not right on the campus, does anyone know how far it is to work from the university village to the health sciences area? Which of the two accommodation options would you recommend?

Quick Reply

Latest