The Student Room Group

Gcse predicted grades

Please advise me. Will I be able study chemical engineering with these grades and sixth form math/chem/phy?

Predicted grade and mock grade
English Language - C C
English Literature - C N/A
Mathematics - B C
Chemsitry - C C
Physics - C C
Biology - C C
Geography - C C

Thank you.
I think you need at least a B in gcse in the subject you want to study at a level
Original post by GCSE_
Please advise me. Will I be able study chemical engineering with these grades and sixth form math/chem/phy?

Predicted grade and mock grade
English Language - C C
English Literature - C N/A
Mathematics - B C
Chemsitry - C C
Physics - C C
Biology - C C
Geography - C C

Thank you.

Surely you can't do Maths, Chemistry and Physics with a B and two Cs in the latter? You are aiming for higher, aren't you?
Reply 3
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Surely you can't do Maths, Chemistry and Physics with a B and two Cs in the latter? You are aiming for higher, aren't you?

Of course I want at least Bs in my actual GCSEs but I'm working hard from now and my exams can I do it? If i work very hard from now can I go from a C to a B
Original post by GCSE_
Of course I want at least Bs in my actual GCSEs but I'm working hard from now and my exams can I do it? If i work very hard from now can I go from a C to a B

In your sciences, certainly, but I'm not sure about Maths.

Try MathsWatch or CGP videos; you need to get the hang of pretty much everything to do A-level. At the very least, by now, you should be able to do a quadratic equation (using the formula), for example; can you do this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MathsWatch-GCSE-Higher-Tier-A-D-grade-DOWNLOAD-EXTREMELY-CHEAP-/191847204874?hash=item2caafc080a:g:Tr0AAOSwoudW2tI1
Reply 5
Original post by Jamie Vardy
In your sciences, certainly, but I'm not sure about Maths.

Try MathsWatch or CGP videos; you need to get the hang of pretty much everything to do A-level. At the very least, by now, you should be able to do a quadratic equation (using the formula), for example; can you do this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MathsWatch-GCSE-Higher-Tier-A-D-grade-DOWNLOAD-EXTREMELY-CHEAP-/191847204874?hash=item2caafc080a:g:Tr0AAOSwoudW2tI1

Hi thanks I've both CGP Maths Buster and Maths Watch but I prefer using Maths Watch. I know the quadratic equation yes as we were taught in school. :-)

I just want to do really well and I'm doing Edexcel IGCSE Maths if that helps

Quick Reply

Latest