The Student Room Group

Things you used to be scared of

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
When I was younger (about 4-7 years old) I used to be terrified at the thought that aliens were going to abduct me.

I'd stay awake at night and if I saw a flash of light pass by my window, I'd pretty much s*** myself with fright and think "oh god, this is it".

I'd hide under the covers for about an hour anticipating some long fingered hand reaching out to pull the covers off and do god knows what to me.

Thinking about it now it seems really stupid ahaa :colondollar:
Original post by Kamara7
I've heard about this, I've only had this once and it was quite creepy. I always sleep on my side, I have a feeling that it's when I roll over face down. I don't think I could even sleep facing upwards! Thanks though! :h:

Oh, fail.

I wanted to scare you a bit and then say it was a joke but it seems like you've experienced that already.

In a good way of course...

Having the thought of something showing in front of you is scary so you would probably listen to my advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by markreed
When I was younger (about 4-7 years old) I used to be terrified at the thought that aliens were going to abduct me.

I'd stay awake at night and if I saw a flash of light pass by my window, I'd pretty much s*** myself with fright and think "oh god, this is it".

I'd hide under the covers for about an hour anticipating some long fingered hand reaching out to pull the covers off and do god knows what to me.

Thinking about it now it seems really stupid ahaa :colondollar:

Awww, that's so adorable! :h:
Kilts.
Sad story from my childhood. They scare me to this day
Reply 84
Original post by Kamara7
Awww, that's so adorable! :h:

Oh my god, it was terrifying haha.

I remember once going to a friend's party at that age and it was night time. I saw a white light moving in the sky and immediately freaked out (in retrospect, it was probably a satellite or something).

I ran into my friend's house and proceeded to tell his Mum that aliens were gonna come and take us all. Haha, the look on her face was priceless!! :tongue:
Reply 85
I was pretty terrified of the dark, there was a time where I also had to sleep with the door open, like it was essential the door let a crack of light through.
Original post by LaMandarine
Kilts.
Sad story from my childhood. They scare me to this day

For real? If so, I'm really intrigued :holmes:
Anyone else?
1) used to be scared of speaking to strangers
2) used to be scared of talking with girls for an extended period (eg 10-20mins)
3) used to be scared of not having a purpose in life
4) used to be scared of falling over
Well this guy had always freaked the heck out of me in a way lool I hated clowns anyway but this one is one of the worst - I mean while this one was supposed to make the kids happy is as much as it was supposed to make them scared *avoiding the playground area there especially lol I always thought that was his place of hiding*

Spoiler

Scary Movie :rofl:

In my defence that's because of some outside contributions.
Original post by Kamara7
For real? If so, I'm really intrigued :holmes:

My dad's boss in the UK was Scottish. He asked dad to bring me over for a celebratory dinner and he did. Let's just say I realised he had no underwear when we were sitting at the table.
It didn't help that instead of kissing my cheek good bye, it felt like he just licked me.
Original post by LaMandarine
My dad's boss in the UK was Scottish. He asked dad to bring me over for a celebratory dinner and he did. Let's just say I realised he had no underwear when we were sitting at the table.
It didn't help that instead of kissing my cheek good bye, it felt like he just licked me.

>.< Now I understand :yep:
Original post by Redsauce
Well this guy had always freaked the heck out of me in a way lool I hated clowns anyway but this one is one of the worst - I mean while this one was supposed to make the kids happy is as much as it was supposed to make them scared *avoiding the playground area there especially lol I always thought that was his place of hiding*

Spoiler

:laugh:
spiders
Original post by Pentaquark
When I was really young I remember watching something on the TV that gave me nightmares for a good two years.
I didn't want to sleep on my own and I would cry because I didn't want to sleep.
I just remember seeing a man on a hospital bed and being wheeled off into a lift by invisible people.
They took him to the very top floor and I just remember putting him in like this glass case covering so he was trapped.
And I remember seeing a pair of floating scissors and perhaps a knife maybe and the man screaming.
lol I am so desperate to find out what tv show or film it was omg.
Like I was scared to sleep in case I wake up being trapped in a glass case.

:console: Let's hope it wasn't Teletubbies :lol:
Reply 96
Original post by stefano865
Gollum. :afraid:

gollum still gives me nightmares:cry:
Original post by Arima
gollum still gives me nightmares:cry:

:hugs:
Original post by shawtyb
spiders

I don't like spiders that much as well (I'm talking about massive ones or long-legged ones), not to the extent I'm scared of them though. If one is near me, it will wish I've never laid an eye on it :tongue:
Original post by M14B
Dogs.

Aww me too!! But I still am apart from guide dogs...

Quick Reply

Latest