The Student Room Group

If you knew no one would ever compare to your crush, would you give up on romance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Forumaddict
How can you possibly know she isn't unique if you haven't met her? I've met her and trust me she is very very very unique and special. I've never met someone else like her and I know I never will again.

By your own admission, you have had barely any conversations with this person - how do you know that they are unique? Even if you have stalked them, you can't possibly know that they are unique until you get to know them properly.
Original post by SeanFM
By your own admission, you have had barely any conversations with this person - how do you know that they are unique? Even if you have stalked them, you can't possibly know that they are unique until you get to know them properly.

But no girls seem to want to give me a chance to get to know them, I know quite a lot about her from following her around listening in on her convos with friends and observing her. So I definetly know she is very very unique and special, she is also exactly my type she is nerdy like me, very friendly and sweet but a bit shy (like me as well!!). She is also very beautiful in my ees and I liked the way she dresses I like her voice I like her general demeanor as well. She is also like overly polite like she was behind me in the queue at the water fountain and she was just like sorry thank you and I thought it was really adorable
But no girls seem to want to give me a chance to get to know them, I know quite a lot about her from following her around listening in on her convos with friends and observing her. So I definetly know she is very very unique and special, she is also exactly my type she is nerdy like me, very friendly and sweet but a bit shy (like me as well!!). She is also very beautiful in my ees and I liked the way she dresses I like her voice I like her general demeanor as well. She is also like overly polite like she was behind me in the queue at the water fountain and she was just like sorry thank you and I thought it was really adorable

Maybe that is why you are idolising her or clinging on to her, because no one else gives you a chance.

Whether you want to meet more people or not, you seriously need to change who you are. Stalking people, listening in on conversations, it's not right. I hope that you can see that, and it's not going to work in getting a relationship or maintaining one.
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe that is why you are idolising her or clinging on to her, because no one else gives you a chance.

Whether you want to meet more people or not, you seriously need to change who you are. Stalking people, listening in on conversations, it's not right. I hope that you can see that, and it's not going to work in getting a relationship or maintaining one.

I'm not hurting her though and not making her uncomfortable as far I can tell. I'm careful about it and I don't make it obvious when I'm following her around and stuff, like if I'm waiting for her in a certain place I know she'll be I'll make sure I have an excuse for why im there just in case anyone asks. If she told me to leave her alone I would never wen go near her eve again but nothing would ever stop me wanting her
I'm not hurting her though and not making her uncomfortable as far I can tell. I'm careful about it and I don't make it obvious when I'm following her around and stuff, like if I'm waiting for her in a certain place I know she'll be I'll make sure I have an excuse for why im there just in case anyone asks. If she told me to leave her alone I would never wen go near her eve again but nothing would ever stop me wanting her

As someone else has said, she would be very, very, very uncomfortable if she knew what you posted here and would file a restraining order on you. It is also very damaging for yourself and your wellbeing, which is why I suggest that you need to talk to someone professional about this issue.
Original post by Blondie987
No, and the people you like changes over time, there are people I used to fancy that I definitely wouldn't fancy now lol

I know I'm always going to like her though
Original post by chemting
Yes. Hence I already have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will give up as well
Original post by Anonymous
have you considered getting a body pillow of her face?

I feel like you're trolling me but. I would actually love to have something like that. Cuddling and kissing my regular pillow while pretending it's her is one of the best things it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Original post by Anonymous
have you considered getting a body pillow of her face?

Original post by chikane
Well if i messed it up i would think it wasn't meant to be and there is someone else out there for me. Surely you both would have had a chance to get to know each other if you both were meant to be in the others life.

All these threads are not healthy btw we know you messed up because of your shyness but you have no option but to move on or try and get to know her which you won't do.

I had a chance but I ruined it by not getting her number I literally replay it over and over and over again in my Hess every single day

Original post by EllainKahlo
If you've got this mindset, you're not ready to be in a relationship with someone new anyway because you're limiting your own choices to be happy. If you're going to spend your time wishing you are with someone else, that's not fair on whoever you're dating. You need to sort your own feelings out before even thinking about it.

I know I can't be in a relationships with someone new that's exactly my point. I never can have as relationship because no matter what the girl was like I would always be wishing it was her instead
Original post by SeanFM
As someone else has said, she would be very, very, very uncomfortable if she knew what you posted here and would file a restraining order on you. It is also very damaging for yourself and your wellbeing, which is why I suggest that you need to talk to someone professional about this issue.

But I have only said nice things about her I can't understand the problem
Well she's just a crush, I move on fast when I realise it's not going to happen.
I know I'm always going to like her though

I will give up as well

I feel like you're trolling me but. I would actually love to have something like that. Cuddling and kissing my regular pillow while pretending it's her is one of the best things it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

I had a chance but I ruined it by not getting her number I literally replay it over and over and over again in my Hess every single day

I know I can't be in a relationships with someone new that's exactly my point. I never can have as relationship because no matter what the girl was like I would always be wishing it was her instead

While I know you will insist otherwise, you cannot predict how you will feel in a year's time. Or two, or five weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending