The Student Room Group

NHS bursary and Passport and financial information

I have just submitted my online application for my NHS bursary. However my passport runs out at the end of the month. If i send it off before the end of its validity, will it still be ok for the application process, even if it was like three- five days before it expires?

As well as this, the information that my father had for his income was from 2014. That is the only recent information he has for income as he is self employed. Will this be ok?

Thanks.
Original post by tailred
I have just submitted my online application for my NHS bursary. However my passport runs out at the end of the month. If i send it off before the end of its validity, will it still be ok for the application process, even if it was like three- five days before it expires?

As well as this, the information that my father had for his income was from 2014. That is the only recent information he has for income as he is self employed. Will this be ok?

Thanks.

You ll need something more recent for your dads income but the passport shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You ll need something more recent for your dads income but the passport shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the reply. i just rang them up and they said that i should attach a cover letter stating why i have not presented financial information that is more recent. Then as you said present something more recent when possible.

They also said i need a new passport, but i should not worry since i got until august.
I'm a little worried about sending my passport off in case it gets lost as I've never sent it off anywhere! but they definitely want the actual passport right and no scans?
Reply 4
Original post by Cakey_101
I'm a little worried about sending my passport off in case it gets lost as I've never sent it off anywhere! but they definitely want the actual passport right and no scans?

Yep, the actual thing.
Original post by tailred
Yep, the actual thing.

Ah okay thank you! Have you send yours off?

If you put a special delivery envelope in with it then nhs bursaries will send it back in that for you and i believe then you are insured in case it gets lost, if you're worried about it :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
If you put a special delivery envelope in with it then nhs bursaries will send it back in that for you and i believe then you are insured in case it gets lost, if you're worried about it :smile:

Okay thank you. Just a quick question, I'm slightly confused as to whether the NHS bursary application has to actually be filled out in order to get a bursary depending on your income or is it something all students applying for NHS course have to fill out (in order for the tuition fees for the whole 3 years to be paid by the NHS?)
Okay thank you. Just a quick question, I'm slightly confused as to whether the NHS bursary application has to actually be filled out in order to get a bursary depending on your income or is it something all students applying for NHS course have to fill out (in order for the tuition fees for the whole 3 years to be paid by the NHS?)

Everyone has to do it to get fees paid.

Quick Reply

Latest