The Student Room Group

Why are so many lies being made about Malia Bouattia?

Genuine question.

Scroll to see replies

What lies?
A lot of her statements are available on video and/or she has not denied them. People are genuinely concerned with some of the statements she's made and rightly so; she represents more than seven million students who hail from all backgrounds.
Original post by Incongruous
What lies?

Like the fact she's black when she's clearly not.
Reply 4
The NUS should be disbanded. The people who attend their are literally the biggest gimps. Wannabe politicians who feel entitled because they get free cake and get to play model UN for the weekend.

My view is- let the UK's top 10 Universities (max) control it.
Reply 5
Malia's a khunt.

She desperately wants to be the first rainbow coloured disabled tree women feminist NUS president. What her and the Media don't seem to have grasped is that being the President of the NUS is a bit like declaring yourself king of the calais jungle- no one cares, it doesn't make any difference, but because it's supposed to matter, it becomes media relevent.
Original post by Incongruous
What lies?

Like her refusing to condemn ISIS. About ten seconds of googling and you can discover than she supported the motion when it was reworded, and yet virtually all papers (and the tools that believe whatever they read) are parroting the lie.
Original post by Carnes
Malia's a khunt.

She desperately wants to be the first rainbow coloured disabled tree women feminist NUS president. What her and the Media don't seem to have grasped is that being the President of the NUS is a bit like declaring yourself king of the calais jungle- no one cares, it doesn't make any difference, but because it's supposed to matter, it becomes media relevent.

If no one cares then why the media smears?
Original post by Aceadria
A lot of her statements are available on video and/or she has not denied them. People are genuinely concerned with some of the statements she's made and rightly so; she represents more than seven million students who hail from all backgrounds.

Her views aren't supposed to represent those of all students though. That would be ridiculous, since students have completely conflicting and contradictory views on everything.

The accusations of anti-Semitism don't seem to be based on anything except an irrational ability to distinguish between criticism of ideas and prejudice towards people. I legitimately haven't heard a single attempt to justify claims that she is anti-Semitic beyond 'but she criticised Zionism!!!'.
Original post by Carnes
The NUS should be disbanded. The people who attend their are literally the biggest gimps. Wannabe politicians who feel entitled because they get free cake and get to play model UN for the weekend.

My view is- let the UK's top 10 Universities (max) control it.

Surely they would be biased into keeping themselves as the top 10, and also how would you determine the top 10?
Reply 10
Original post by WBZ144
If no one cares then why the media smears?

Smear means to damage a reputation.

All the media has done is report on what she has said. The NUS is politics for poundland sociopath left wingers. Do you really think major news organisations care about this girls non-existent reputation? Sexbox got 1 star reviews from the same media outlets, is there a conspiracy to smear its reputation? No because it's inherently ****. Like Malia. I bet she doesn't even give good head. Useless.
Original post by Implication
Like her refusing to condemn ISIS. About ten seconds of googling and you can discover than she supported the motion when it was reworded, and yet virtually all papers (and the tools that believe whatever they read) are parroting the lie.

She supports violent Islamism in the shape of Palestinian terrorism.

Her exact phrase was that Muslims shouldn't "internalise Islamophobia" which encourages them to be "peaceful" and Hamas and Hizbollah have very right to murder Jews in terrorist outrages.

http://thetab.com/2016/04/19/watch-future-nus-president-malia-bouattia-endorse-violent-struggle-87052

Not a lie but out of her very own mouth.
Reply 12
Malia was great fun with the lads last summer..
Original post by JezWeCan!

Her exact phrase was that Muslims shouldn't "internalise Islamophobia" which encourages them to be "peaceful" and Hamas and Hizbollah have very right to murder Jews in terrorist outrages.

http://thetab.com/2016/04/19/watch-future-nus-president-malia-bouattia-endorse-violent-struggle-87052

Did she really say the emboldened? I can't find it.

I think she makes a valid point that Muslims feel they need to try really hard to convince the world that they aren't all ISIS-style nutters. And that makes them outwardly less supportive of violent intervention than they would otherwise be.
Original post by JezWeCan!

Sickening.

And these are the people elected into pseudo-political positions.
Reply 15
Original post by Dinasaurus
Surely they would be biased into keeping themselves as the top 10, and also how would you determine the top 10?

Firstly. Who cares.
Secondly have you seen the motions people have put forward at these conferences? These people go there for a good time. Most of them are thick as pig feces.

10 Universities is generous; the decisions the NUS should make are those of common sense, not ending world hunger. You don't need stoopid kids from mediocre universities (most of them) to diluate student gene pool anymore.
Each student Union can save 50k a year, it's a shame Jimmy from Wolverhapton metropolitan's metropolitan won't be elected, but their experience is in the safe hands of genetically functional people.
Original post by Carnes
Firstly. Who cares.
Secondly have you seen the motions people have put forward at these conferences? These people go there for a good time. Most of them are thick as pig feces.

10 Universities is generous; the decisions the NUS should make are those of common sense, not ending world hunger. You don't need stoopid kids from mediocre universities (most of them) to diluate student gene pool anymore.
Each student Union can save 50k a year, it's a shame Jimmy from Wolverhapton metropolitan's metropolitan won't be elected, but their experience is in the safe hands of genetically functional people.

Who cares? Well you proposed it so you must care.

I mean how would you determine the top 10? What if a uni is 10th on one league table and 11th on the other?
Original post by Implication
Like her refusing to condemn ISIS. About ten seconds of googling and you can discover than she supported the motion when it was reworded

But the point you are missing is that the re-wording condemns the western allies just as much, if not more, than it does ISIS. So has, therefore, refused to unconditionally condemn ISIS.
Original post by Good bloke
But the point you are missing is that the re-wording condemns the western allies just as much, if not more, than it does ISIS. So has, therefore, refused to unconditionally condemn ISIS.

I haven't seen a copy of the new motion so can't confirm that. Do you have a link?

I don't think that's completely on-point though. If this is all I'm missing, why are none of the media outlets saying this? Why are they simply saying things like 'she refused to condemn ISIS' or 'she blocked a motion to condemn ISIS'? However we look at it, it is incredibly misleading.
Reply 19
Original post by Dinasaurus
Who cares? Well you proposed it so you must care.

I mean how would you determine the top 10? What if a uni is 10th on one league table and 11th on the other?

Clearly you play musical chairs and hope Loughborough is disabled.

It's quite clear what the best 4-6 Universities are, beyond that it's a luxury and irrelevent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending