The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Halls of Residence 2016!

Hello, ive recieved an unconditional offer to study Computer information systems (CIS) at Bangor starting later this year and im wondering what people recommend for accomadation!

I can only imagine all of my uni work will be situated in the school of computer science?( please correct me if im wrong) I would love to be close by a gym and to have an en-suite. Im also curious as to which halls are the newly built that were referred to on my visit? Thank you very much :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luked30
Hello, ive recieved an unconditional offer to study Computer information systems (CIS) at Bangor starting later this year and im wondering what people recommend for accomadation!

I can only imagine all of my uni work will be situated in the school of computer science?( please correct me if im wrong) I would love to be close by a gym and to have an en-suite. Im also curious as to which halls are the newly built that were referred to on my visit? Thank you very much :smile:

Hi! I'm a first year student at Bangor now! I recommend you going on Ffriddoedd Site! You have a gym onsite and you're close to main arts and upper Bangor! Most freshers will go on Ffridd so it is kinda the place to be if you want to mix and be close to the gym. St Mary's also has a gym I believe but it is on the other side of Bangor and you'll be quite far away from your course!

On Ffridd, the 3 newest buildings are Enlli, Peris and Alaw. I'm in Alaw now and its directly opposite the gym! All 3 of these are identical and are all opposite the gym :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Huge help! Is there much difference between these 3 buildings? I keep seeing Alaw being reffered to on here aha, must be popular. And what do you study? :smile:
Original post by Luked30
Huge help! Is there much difference between these 3 buildings? I keep seeing Alaw being reffered to on here aha, must be popular. And what do you study? :smile:

Alaw, Enlli and Peris are literally identical inside and out! The other buildings are older and slightly different! I study Sport Science :smile:
(P.S Alaw is the best! :') )
Reply 4
Ahhh I see, I can imagine I'll be one of the only computing kids in there! Alaw I'll try for then :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luked30
Ahhh I see, I can imagine I'll be one of the only computing kids in there! Alaw I'll try for then :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll be with a mix! My flat mates do criminology, law, sociology, child care etc. :smile:
Original post by Harri2648
Alaw, Enlli and Peris are literally identical inside and out! The other buildings are older and slightly different! I study Sport Science :smile:
(P.S Alaw is the best! :':wink: )

there's load of new buildings bar those three. Enlli, Alaw and Peris are identical but separated from the rest of the new buildings by the old ones. The nearest new block to the gym is definitely either Adda (very quiet, I'm in there) or Llanddwyn (long building, so lots of flats).
If you're wanting to be near the shop and the campus bar, those three mentioned are the furthest newer builds away, but still obviously close since they're on the same site. They're also the most popular, so if you don't wanna be hearing people's parties or noise outside, choose elsewhere :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by croatoan
there's load of new buildings bar those three. Enlli, Alaw and Peris are identical but separated from the rest of the new buildings by the old ones. The nearest new block to the gym is definitely either Adda (very quiet, I'm in there) or Llanddwyn (long building, so lots of flats).
If you're wanting to be near the shop and the campus bar, those three mentioned are the furthest newer builds away, but still obviously close since they're on the same site. They're also the most popular, so if you don't wanna be hearing people's parties or noise outside, choose elsewhere :smile:

I was really interested in Adda after the open day, but the fact it needs to be
completely cleared for the Easter break turned me off. Thanks for the suggestions!
Quite a few have to be clear for Easter break so definitely check when you decide! I wanted to go in Adda but didn't want to have to move out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luked30

Hey there! I'm a current Senior Peer Guide at Bangor University's Computer Science department, in my 3rd year doing Computer Science :smile:

It's great to see that you are going to be studying at the Bangor University and joining us this upcoming September, we're looking forward to meeting you.

I suggest living at Ffrid Site or St Mary's, both of which are fantastic places to stay. You'll get guaranteed accommodation as you'll be a first year. I lived in Llanddwyn on Ffrid Site, was a lovely building and close to Bar Uno (local food/bar area), laundrette and security. If you have any questions, feel free to pop me a message here or give me an email [email protected].
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi! I'm a first year student at Bangor now! I recommend you going on Ffriddoedd Site! You have a gym onsite and you're close to main arts and upper Bangor! Most freshers will go on Ffridd so it is kinda the place to be if you want to mix and be close to the gym. St Mary's also has a gym I believe but it is on the other side of Bangor and you'll be quite far away from your course!

On Ffridd, the 3 newest buildings are Enlli, Peris and Alaw. I'm in Alaw now and its directly opposite the gym! All 3 of these are identical and are all opposite the gym :smile:

What floor would you recommend in Alaw? whats your room if you don't mind me asking? I want to make sure I make the right choice!
Reply 11
Just booked to go to alaw halls in September 😎 Can't wait
Original post by Luked30
What floor would you recommend in Alaw? whats your room if you don't mind me asking? I want to make sure I make the right choice!

It depends what you want tbh! 2/3/4th floor have good views! I'm on the ground floor in flat C017-C023. Being on the ground floor you have the opportunity to work for the uni on open days which brings in some money! And you don't have to carry everything up stairs! It can be a bit noisy from the flat above but I don't find that too bad! :smile:
Original post by jaxMB
Just booked to go to alaw halls in September 😎 Can't wait

Which room are you in? :smile:
Reply 14
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've taken C034 in Alaw! Thanks so much for all your help, hopefully I'll see you around :smile:
Original post by Luked30
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've taken C034 in Alaw! Thanks so much for all your help, hopefully I'll see you around :smile:

You're at the back of Alaw! Nice choice :smile: I'm not living in halls next year but I'm a peer guide so might see you in freshers!
Reply 16
C308 I think? I forgot 😂 Will check soon
Reply 17
Anyone staying in alaw follow me on Twitter so I have people to talk to before I get to Bangor 😂 Jackburge96
Reply 18
Which room are you in? :smile:

C308 I think 😁
Original post by Luked30

Hey man, I've applied for CS(firm) and CIS(ins) at bangor!

Quick Reply

Latest