The Student Room Group

A-Level Exam Clash

I have two exams on the same day at the same time. Both my Chemistry Unit 4 exam, and my General Studies Unit 3 exam are at 1pm- since this means that my exam day won't finish until almost 5pm (and my school finishes at 3pm) I don't know what will happen.
Other people who've been in this situation; what happened, and are there any arrangements I need to make? I would speak to my exams officer about it, but she's on holiday! :frown:
Original post by HearMeRoar
I have two exams on the same day at the same time. Both my Chemistry Unit 4 exam, and my General Studies Unit 3 exam are at 1pm- since this means that my exam day won't finish until almost 5pm (and my school finishes at 3pm) I don't know what will happen.
Other people who've been in this situation; what happened, and are there any arrangements I need to make? I would speak to my exams officer about it, but she's on holiday! :frown:

@The Learn Ranger

Do you have any experience or tips?
Original post by She-Ra
@The Learn Ranger

Do you have any experience or tips?

First of all, don't worry - this is very common and schools and colleges deal with lots of these situations every year.

You might do one of the exams in the morning and the other in the afternoon . You'd have to be supervised during lunchtime (along with anyone else in the same situation) so you can't speak to anyone who did the exam in the morning. Alternatively you might do both after each other in the afternoon. In this situation the invigilators would just stay late until the exam was over.

Either way you shouldn't be disadvantaged in any way.

Does this help? Anyone else experienced exam clashes?
Original post by The Learn Ranger
First of all, don't worry - this is very common and schools and colleges deal with lots of these situations every year.

You might do one of the exams in the morning and the other in the afternoon . You'd have to be supervised during lunchtime (along with anyone else in the same situation) so you can't speak to anyone who did the exam in the morning. Alternatively you might do both after each other in the afternoon. In this situation the invigilators would just stay late until the exam was over.

Either way you shouldn't be disadvantaged in any way.

Does this help? Anyone else experienced exam clashes?

I think having 6hrs+ of exams with little amount of breaks and little interaction in a day is a disadvantage tbf
Many people I knew had exam clashes, all they did was make you sit one of them first then sit the other a while afterwards, however you were supervised throughout the whole time in between. I think it's a pretty common occurrence :smile:
Reply 5
That happened to some people in my year at school during our AS levels, what they did at my school is they just made them sit one after the other- but they allowed them to have a 15 minute break in between. They overran after school a bit, but they weren't the only ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest