The Student Room Group

Lpc msc

Hi guys can anyone give me some advice n the university of law's lpc MSc? Is the MSc even recognised by law firms?? Any info about any experience with the MSc would be great!! Thanks
Presumably it qualifies for law society requirements? Its the LPC LLM?
If so i cnat see any problems with it. UoL is a standard provider, the LPV is a standard course which as long as it meets SRA requirements then you will be fine. Solicitors wont be bothered where you sat it.
http://www.law.ac.uk/postgraduate/i-lpc/
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply but that wasn't really what I was asking! The LLM is different to the MSc, and I just wanted to know whether employers look upon someone more favourably with the lpc MSc as this is a relatively new course
Original post by Notalawguru
Thanks for your reply but that wasn't really what I was asking! The LLM is different to the MSc, and I just wanted to know whether employers look upon someone more favourably with the lpc MSc as this is a relatively new course

Well you might have helped by linking the course 9no need now0. I doubt many employers will have heard of it and no I dont think it will give you much advantage at all over someone who has the LPC.
Reply 4
what did you do in the end ?? i cant decide which to choose. i have a wealth of commercial knowledge through my career so not botherted about corporate law and finance.
Reply 5
I did the MSc. it was an extra module assessed by 2 essays. It is definitely worth doing for the extra qualification.
Hey, do you mind sharing your experiences with doing the MSc please? Especially how it was like managing that with the core LPC and if you had any time constraints
Original post by ambitiousamah
Hey, do you mind sharing your experiences with doing the MSc please? Especially how it was like managing that with the core LPC and if you had any time constraints

I don't think they use the website anymore. From what I have seen, their last activity was in 2017. It might be easier to get answers through a separate thread :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending