The Student Room Group

Predict your hardest A-level exam this summer.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samb1234
Why the hate for unit 4 physics? (genuinely curious, idk what is in that unit for edexcel lol)

The multiple choice is excruciating
Easiest to hardest:
D1
S2
C3
M1
C4
M2
Physics rise and fall
FP2
Physics particle pictures
FP3
Reply 22
Original post by samb1234
Why the hate for unit 4 physics? (genuinely curious, idk what is in that unit for edexcel lol)

The content is easy, mate - it's just mechanics (momentum and circular motion), electromagnetism and particle physics. Occasionally the electromagnetism questions can be presented awkwardly, but the thing that puts us off most is the boundaries are the highest amongst the other 4 theory papers.

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
:jumphug: I will join you on Physics unit 4.

Difficult exams:
- M1
- Physics U4

I'm rubbish at Mechanics thankfully A* in maths is based on c3/4 so
I only need to get roughly 70 ums (b) on M1.

Physics u4 is going to be a killer at getting A*. :cry2:
I need A*A* for my offer but I have a feeling I'll get A*A ... :bawling:

How you feeling towards for exams?

M1 shouldn't be an issue! I just disliked the vectors on it but it wasn't that bad. Luckily it's only the core that counts.

That's the main issue with U4 -sigh- I'll have to really work on perfecting that module before anything else.

Not too bad honestly, feeling confident for chemistry (got really decent marks in my mocks this time) and physics (need to do a lot of work on it though). FM shouldn't be too bad either, so long I can smash M3 and FP2 early and not stress over FP3. :lol: Unlikely that'll happen, though :s
physics and chem depth paper
Original post by Ayman!
The content is easy, mate - it's just mechanics (momentum and circular motion), electromagnetism and particle physics. Occasionally the electromagnetism questions can be presented awkwardly, but the thing that puts us off most is the boundaries are the highest amongst the other 4 theory papers.

M1 shouldn't be an issue! I just disliked the vectors on it but it wasn't that bad. Luckily it's only the core that counts.

That's the main issue with U4 -sigh- I'll have to really work on perfecting that module before anything else.

Not too bad honestly, feeling confident for chemistry (got really decent marks in my mocks this time) and physics (need to do a lot of work on it though). FM shouldn't be too bad either, so long I can smash M3 and FP2 early and not stress over FP3. :lol: Unlikely that'll happen, though :s

Ah I hate any exam with high boundaries. It just becomes about being able to make no mistakes rather than your knowledge of the subject tbh. It takes so long to learn all the stupid definitions etc that they want, standard answers etc etc
AS Lit B: Prose in Tragedy is gonna be difficult.
Hardest to exams i'm likely to not flop:

Physics Paper 2
Chem Paper 2
Chem Paper 1
Physics Paper 1
Geog Unit 2
Geog Unit 1
Maths S1
Maths C1
Maths C2

honestly Maths is my only hope in getting an A :afraid:
M1! :redface:
so hard
Sociology: both AS resits and A2 exams. . I'm really worried that if I don't know the essay questions content needed/don't understand them etc. Then well, I'm screwed. .. basically

Posted from TSR Mobile
Breadt and depth in biology and the OCE drama and prose English literature!
Original post by Ayman!

Only main difficult bit about M1 is the vectors as they are so :s-smilie: to get
your head around. My issue with Unit 4 is electromagnetism aswell as
how they award marks for specific points. Providing the context for electromagnetism
is okay and they don't include no hippy spreadsheet related problems from
some past papers I've seen in the past before I should be fine for a A*. Unit 5 = :love:

Damn, good luck hopefully we're all gonna make it brah! :moon:
(edited 7 years ago)
STEP 1
Original post by JohnGreek
LITB3

is a cancer

Same, I didn't think I would be but I am. I'm terrified for it.
Biol5
Chem 4 by far:

-H NMR Spectroscopy
-All the organic sysynthesis
-Acids, bases, buffer bull****

URGH
Reply 35
Biology, not a lot worried but meh.
f215
This exam is beyond terrible.
They make questions up, and your answers never on the mark-scheme.
Psychology - there are just too many theories! :afraid:
I'm tempted fo say C4 Maths but I know for sure that BIOL5 will tire me out (2 hours 15 mins wow)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Unorth0dox
STEP 1

The thread title says A Level exams though. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest