The Student Room Group

Unreadable handwriting

Okay guys I'm so worried about upcoming exams, my teachers always complain about my bad handwriting that it is unreadable so they can't mark my work sometimes.im wondering if there's any kind of support or extra time for this ? Thank you any kind of reply is appreciated .
Reply 1
i have the same problem lol all i can say is try using a pen with a finer tip
Original post by hadzyster99
Okay guys I'm so worried about upcoming exams, my teachers always complain about my bad handwriting that it is unreadable so they can't mark my work sometimes.im wondering if there's any kind of support or extra time for this ? Thank you any kind of reply is appreciated .

write slower and form your letters correctly
Reply 3
The thing is it's a big problem and whatever I try to do it doesn't my work it's not as simple just have better handwriting dammit, if you've got nothing good to say then don't wait yh ?
Reply 4
Original post by BubbleBoobies
just write with better writing dammit[ don't be so rude about it yeah ?
There is a way to get extra time, go to your examination officer.
Reply 6
Original post by LogicalFallacy
There is a way to get extra time, go to your examination officer.

Would I just explain to him/her the problem ?
Reply 7
Hi,

I have a friend who struggles with handwriting, and so he is entitled to a computer for the subjects where he has essays (e.g. Law, Economics). If you enquire (it may be too late i'm not sure), you should be able to get some assistance. If not, just take your time and go back to make things clearer if you get time.
Are you at school? If so go pester the senco as well as the exams officer. Do you write with cursive handwriting? Mines only readable when I single print
Reply 9
Original post by claireestelle
Are you at school? If so go pester the senco as well as the exams officer. Do you write with cursive handwriting? Mines only readable when I single print

My writing a lot of the times look like scribbles that's how I would describe it
Original post by AindowJ
Hi,

I have a friend who struggles with handwriting, and so he is entitled to a computer for the subjects where he has essays (e.g. Law, Economics). If you enquire (it may be too late i'm not sure), you should be able to get some assistance. If not, just take your time and go back to make things clearer if you get time.

And if you can't type quickly either ?

That's when they might have to get you a scribe to write for you.

My writing a lot of the times look like scribbles that's how I would describe it

Sounds a little like mine when I was younger
Reply 12

Then you're going to have to practice, maybe during revision you could type up your answers to an essay, or perhaps use a site (like this www.10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english) to improve your speed. I guess a last resort is a scribe? Like others are saying, you need to approach your exams officer.
All of my teachers complained about this, sent me to 'learning support' in which they had me right a few pages out of a book to determine whether I should use a computer for my exams. I decided not to in the end, much prefer using pen and paper, everything went fine even with my terrible handwriting.
Original post by AindowJ
Then you're going to have to practice, maybe during revision you could type up your answers to an essay, or perhaps use a site (like this www.10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english) to improve your speed. I guess a last resort is a scribe? Like others are saying, you need to approach your exams officer.

What's a scribe ?
What's a scribe ?

Basically someone writes your answers for you and you tell them what to write.
The thing is it's a big problem and whatever I try to do it doesn't my work it's not as simple just have better handwriting dammit, if you've got nothing good to say then don't wait yh ?

........ Slow down and write in print first? then move to joined up once it's more legible to others

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending