The Student Room Group

Reinstated application at EY?

Scroll to see replies

I got the same email on friday the 8th and replied within a few hours. I still haven't heard back from them, starting to worry as exams are close haha
Reply 21
I also received this email and similar scenario to OP, summer internship in Audit and I only got past the online stage before getting rejected in September last year. I replied on Sunday 4th April and just received an email saying I've been successful and will be moving onto the telephone interview. They said they'll contact me within 10 days with further info.
Reply 22
Original post by kkzs
I also received this email and similar scenario to OP, summer internship in Audit and I only got past the online stage before getting rejected in September last year. I replied on Sunday 4th April and just received an email saying I've been successful and will be moving onto the telephone interview. They said they'll contact me within 10 days with further info.

I replied on the 4th too - except it was a Monday? Good luck! Let me know what correspondence you recieve :smile:
Reply 23
Whoops getting my dates mixed up! Will do :smile:
Bit worrying for me as I replied on the 1st for assurance and still no reply.
Reply 25
Original post by Sun_Bear
Bit worrying for me as I replied on the 1st for assurance and still no reply.

I would call the person who emailed you? Their number should be at the bottom of their signature? They did say it would take two weeks since receipt of reply and in your case, it's been two weeks :smile:
Original post by kitkatsal
I would call the person who emailed you? Their number should be at the bottom of their signature? They did say it would take two weeks since receipt of reply and in your case, it's been two weeks :smile:

Just got an email for telephone interview

EDIT: i've clicked on the link they sent me to confirm a time to book the interview but it sent me to complete their "Social Mobility for Monitoring and Equal Opportunities". Afterwards, the website says says my application is on hold, i guess until they verify it. Anybody else had this?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
I'm thinking of declining to proceed further in the application, as exams are coming up and I really need to do well in these exams. :smile: good luck!
Original post by kkzs
I'm thinking of declining to proceed further in the application, as exams are coming up and I really need to do well in these exams. :smile: good luck!

Why don't you just take the telephone interview anyway just with less preparation. You never know, you could make it through but if you don't then it doesn't matter...
Reply 29
I don't think it's a case of reinstating the 'near-misses'. I received this email and didn't even pass the psychometric tests. I do, however, have a masters in tax law - the stream for which I applied. EY's selection of applicants clearly transcends 'near-misses'.
Original post by AM654
I don't think it's a case of reinstating the 'near-misses'. I received this email and didn't even pass the psychometric tests. I do, however, have a masters in tax law - the stream for which I applied. EY's selection of applicants clearly transcends 'near-misses'.

I think that this year was the introduction of the business behaviours in the psychometric tests resulting in them rejecting more people than they originally intended. To combat this, it looks to me that they have just given another chance to those candidates who have done well in the numerical in order to hit their recruitment targets.
Reply 31
I think that this year was the introduction of the business behaviours in the psychometric tests resulting in them rejecting more people than they originally intended. To combat this, it looks to me that they have just given another chance to those candidates who have done well in the numerical in order to hit their recruitment targets.

Ah ok, plausible explanation! Although I can imagine there are many, many applicants that this would apply to. It would be far too laborious and would consume far too much time to revisit all the applications of those who failed the situational judgment test. Something more at play here I believe !
Original post by Med_Geek
X

I too just got invited to the webinar, is it useful at all?
Reply 33
I still haven't heard anything at all :frown: looks like it's bad news for me :frown: good luck to everyone who received a phone interview !!!
Original post by kitkatsal
I still haven't heard anything at all :frown: looks like it's bad news for me :frown: good luck to everyone who received a phone interview !!!

Still nothing?
Reply 35
Still nothing?

Just heard back now! Got an email to say they'll be in touch soon about the next stages! :smile:
I too just got invited to the webinar, is it useful at all?

I found it to be pretty useful :smile:
Still nothing?

It is useful and really informative. It is a really personal way to prepare you for interview.
Original post by hopefullgraduate
It is useful and really informative. It is a really personal way to prepare you for interview.

Yeah thanks, I've got my interview tomorrow. Do you have an offer for full time then?
Yeah thanks, I've got my interview tomorrow. Do you have an offer for full time then?

Just waiting on an assessment centre date

Quick Reply

Latest