The Student Room Group

Does right wing media make up lies about Muslim migrants, or...?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
That's an opinion not a fact.

So many of the migrants are men of fighting age who have left behind their wives and families. Why aren't they fighting for their country? I believe that's what happened in WW1 and WW2 with Britain.

And I never generalised with all the migrants. I said some migrants.

Would it be better for you if only women and children were allowed to come here?
Also, this is not World War 1 or 2. Times have changed.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The Jews didn't.

(Well, some of them did).

You forget that people don't want to live in a constant state of war, with no stable income and with the threat of death hanging over their head. So they flee to places where such things would not occur.

Have you considered the Jews didn't because the Nazis had a much bigger army than Islamic State though? Majority of them were thrown into concentration camps before they even had the chance to.
Original post by SalmaSalma
Would it be better for you if only women and children were allowed to come here?
Also, this is not World War 1 or 2. Times have changed.

Women and children but a very limited number.

Same concept surely? Baddie threatens to take over, goodies fight back.
Have you considered the Jews didn't because the Nazis had a much bigger army than Islamic State though? Majority of them were thrown into concentration camps before they even had the chance to.

I'm sorry but is the size of your opponent expected to make a difference as to whether you want to fight or not? Do we roll over because someone has a bigger army?

If you must make wild and spurious claims, then at least have the decency to make them logical.

Do you know how long it takes to round up 6 million (well, the total figure of "degenerates" that died in the concentration camps was 11 million) people?
Reply 24
It's FACT that migrants have no documentation or identity

It's FACT we can't validate the fake documentation (since traffickers provide them) from real documentation if there is any

It's FACT migrants are moving through countless safe developed countries making them economic migrants

It's FACT Sweden has the second highest rate of reported cases of rape in the world and majority are committed by immigrants

It's FACT migrants have illegally crossed borders without registering or applying for asylum

It's FACT we don't know if these migrants are terrorist informants or not

It's FACT there have been a very large amount of sexual attacks attributed to migrants recently

It's FACT majority of migrants are the richer and more abled men

It's FACT that Syrian migrants are a minority with most coming from Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and other middle eastern countries

It's FACT that migrants are not respecting the law of the land and forcing themselves through police barricades and patrols

I could go on all day
No.
Original post by Omen96
I could go on all day

Please do.
Original post by Omen96

It's FACT we can't validate the fake documentation (since traffickers provide them) from real documentation if there is any

It's FACT migrants are moving through countless safe developed countries making them economic migrants

It's FACT Sweden has the second highest rate of reported cases of rape in the world and majority are committed by immigrants

It's FACT migrants have illegally crossed borders without registering or applying for asylum

It's FACT there have been a very large amount of sexual attacks attributed to migrants recently

It's FACT that Syrian migrants are a minority with most coming from Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and other middle eastern countries

It's FACT that migrants are not respecting the law of the land and forcing themselves through police barricades and patrols

I could go on all day

Its fine, l can wait.
It's interesting because I've asked you something and you've resorted to insults like you do with other people who challenge you. It's hilarious and childish.

Of course there's nobody to join. Because all the men have run to Europe!

Oh I'm sorry and you know what their actual intentions are? Didn't realise babe why don't you ask the Syrian migrant who groped my sister when she was in Germany? I'm sure I'd LOVE to know what he's been through before he started catcalling random women on the streets of Cologne.

I'm sorry, you really proposed that they join and fight? What do they fight? IS or Assad's army? It's a preposterous solution, the west have decided not to do anything and they aren't trained, they're civilians. They don't have the funding to get arms or equipment and the Russians are bombing their houses and their land. With all this, you want them to fight a war on 3 fronts?
The only chance of survival is refugee status. It wasn't an insult, you've offered a very ignorant and frankly stupid solution here. I think what's more hilarious is that you think this is a practical solution.

They came to Europe fleeing a war and civil unrest. I'm sorry this happened to your sister and i'm not defending their actions. It's wrong and sick what some of them are doing. But it has become apparent that your spite for the migrants has come because of your own emotions. It's irrational.

I would rather a diplomatic solution is made as opposed to sending them to a slaughter house to fight an impossible war. That's murder.
Women and children but a very limited number.

Same concept surely? Baddie threatens to take over, goodies fight back.

Are you actually comparing World War 1 & 2 (which, may I remind you happened 70-100 years ago) to a genocide occurring in the Middle East TODAY?
Original post by Omen96

I could go on all day

Pls provide a source for all and give a summary of it. Putting 'FACT' in bold doesn't make it fact.
Original post by SalmaSalma
Are you actually comparing World War 1 & 2 (which, may I remind you happened 70-100 years ago) to a genocide occurring in the Middle East TODAY?

Wasn't the Holocaust a genocide too?
Wasn't the Holocaust a genocide too?

Firstly, I did not say that it wasn't.
Secondly, nice diversion. Bringing up topics not even being discussed..:clap2:
Original post by TheArtofProtest
I can go one better and point to an example of a person who has lapped up their racist propaganda.

You.

So do you have any examples of right wing sources making the above kind of exaggerations?
Original post by Tyreke
That's right, lets start victim blaming.

Has it occured to you that the reason you hold the lenient views you possess because possibly you or your ancestors are migrants to the UK?

Are you unable to comprehend the fact that people can hold such views, even if they have no relation or vested interest?

Your own emotions clouding your judgement?

And I fear that prejudices are clouding yours.
Original post by Tyreke
That's right, lets start victim blaming.

Has it occured to you that the reason you hold the lenient views you possess because possibly you or your ancestors are migrants to the UK? Your own emotions clouding your judgement?

No it isn't victim blaming.

No, i have already maintained that we shouldn't let this many migrants in to the EU. But unfortunately its hard to change international law and have said that we should be grateful the EU has done what it can. Maybe if you stalk my posts deeper you would see that. I'm not lenient at all, im just saying the proposition that we should tell them to fight is stupid.

Ethnicity is irrelevant in this topic. Clearly you choose to undermine my argument like this because you've got nothing to say about my actual argument. It's silly really.
Original post by Tyreke
What prejudices are those then? Hope I haven't triggered you or invaded your safe space.

The fact that you are of the view that migrants are only supported by other migrants, or descendants of migrants.

The fact that you think such people cannot distance their emotions because they have a vested interest.

The fact that you think you speak for all white people when you make crap comments like that.

Pick one.
Original post by Tyreke
What prejudices are those then? Hope I haven't triggered you or invaded your safe space.

Obviously your intent is to trigger me, you just try to cloud it with failed logic.

Nah you havent invaded our safe space, no ones used the race card here
Original post by Tyreke
Apologies I did extrapolate your arguements tbf.

I wasn't trying to undermine your arguement, I didn't mention ethnicity I was alluding to nationality. I'm from a family of immigrants so I'm aware of the increased leniency and tolerance they afford migrants and 'refugees'. It certainly clouds their judgement, I suspect that is the case in many families like mine but perhaps not.

I dont think you can say it clouds their judgement, it just means they can sympathise with migrants to a more personal level where they've gone through it themselves, they perhaps have a better judgement in that way. Ironically they probably have a better perspective of the issue than us
Original post by KingBradly
Does right wing media make up lies about Muslim migrants, or are they the only ones reporting certain stories that show them in a bad light?

Here are a number of stories that only seem to have been reported by right-wing sources:

Gang of migrants demanding respect smash way into Paris school:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gang+of+migrants+demanding+%E2%80%98respect%E2%80%99+smash+way+into+Paris+school+and+refuse+to+leave&oq=Gang+of+migrants+demanding+%E2%80%98respect%E2%80%99+smash+way+into+Paris+school+and+refuse+to+leave&aqs=chrome..69i57.832j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=Gang+of+migrants+Paris+school+refuse+to+leave

Arabic speaker slashes French soldier in face:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%27Arabic+speaker%27+slashes+french+soldier+in+face&oq=%27Arabic+speaker%27+slashes+french+soldier+in+face&aqs=chrome..69i57.422j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Migrant told victim "German women are just for sex":

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22german+women+are+just+for+sex%22&biw=1280&bih=729&tbm=nws&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS2Or5zKzMAhXmBZoKHVghDdYQ_AUICCgC&dpr=2

Three migrants stone two transgender women in German street:

https://www.google.com/search?q=migrants+stone+two+women+in+street&oq=migrants+stone+two+women+in+street&aqs=chrome..69i57.5273j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#

18 year old Kent girl alleges migrants gang raped her for three hours:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/13/18-year-old-kent-girl-accused-six-migrants-gang-rape-foreigners-dosshouse/

If you click on the links to the Google searches, you'll find close to solely right-wing sources reporting the stories. Do you believe this is all propaganda?

Excellent post.

There is a self denying ordinance within the mainstream western media (everything from the New York Times through to the BBC, via the London Times, Sky News, ITV ya de ya) against reporting anything negative regarding Muslim immigrants in the west.

It is self defeating however. There is too much on the web, on blogs, on Social Media. The truth eventually emerges.

And when it does the cover up make the situation ten times worse than the original crime.

Think Watergate which brought a President down. Not because of the original burglary but the attempt to hid it. Think the Cologne sex attacks. Think all these stories cited...

Quick Reply

Latest