The Student Room Group

I am so heartbroken - please HELP

I thought he was into me but we had a conversation on FB last night where he said that he used to like a girl (she has a boyfriend now) and that me and her are "as different as night and day". Apparently, unlike me, she's "is nice and doesn't want to be the center of male attention".

I admit that I've been a bit of a bitch to him sometimes but only because I found out some bad things about him. So I replied: "she is nice because she has never talked to you as much as I've done - she doesn't know you as well as I do, trust me, you can be very unpleasant sometimes".

I then added: "if you like her, you can't like me too then". He remained quiet.

At that point, I was pretty disappointed so I said: "Honestly I don't even know why we are still talking".

After just 1 second, he answered: "K, good bye then".

Me: "I'm off to bed".

Him: "Night".

I was very upset so I closed the convo saying: "Night dickhead".

I decided to block him.

Now, I don't know what to think. Have I been too harsh? Has he ever even liked me? :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
For it to work you have to be into each other. Sometimes you arent and then you are going to get disappointment. he was interested, but obviously not interested enough. Dont take it out on yourself and dont try and change. Your conversation just seems like bickering, nothing much, so its definitely not something to worry about or get heartbroken over. These things happen. Find someone else who is more compatible.
He doesn't sound that bothered. Why did you think he was into you?
Reply 3
Original post by infairverona
He doesn't sound that bothered. Why did you think he was into you?

He used to flirt and tease me a lot. But maybe he acts the same with other girls when I'm not around? I don't know. Plus, a mutual friend told me that he fancied me (I say fancied cause that was 5 or 6 months ago) :redface:
Original post by Eralia
I thought he was into me but we had a conversation on FB last night where he said that he used to like a girl (she has a boyfriend now) and that me and her are "as different as night and day". Apparently, unlike me, she's "is nice and doesn't want to be the center of male attention".

I admit that I've been a bit of a bitch to him sometimes but only because I found out some bad things about him. So I replied: "she is nice because she has never talked to you as much as I've done - she doesn't know you as well as I do, trust me, you can be very unpleasant sometimes".

At that point, I was pretty disappointed so I said: "Honestly I don't even know why we are still talking".

I decided to block him.

Now, I don't know what to think. Have I been too harsh? Has he ever even liked me? :frown:

wait a second how does that work?
You're an absolute paenus to him then you got heartbroken by what exactly? him not talking to you when you asked him to **** off?
(edited 7 years ago)
Once a wise man said "There is nothing that duct tape can't fix."
So I suggest you use some duct tape as it will help a lot!
Reply 6
Wow. If this is what girls say to someone they like then a lot of girls who I've talked to must have been really into me!
Reply 7
Original post by AhmedMA99
Once a wise man said "There is nothing that duct tape can't fix."
So I suggest you use some duct tape as it will help a lot!

where can I get some?
Reply 8
Lmao. He doesn't have to like you, get over yourself please.
Original post by M14B
where can I get some?

At any convenience store near you. They usually cost £2.17
Reply 10
Original post by Eralia

I decided to block him.

wow..more stupid **** that nobody cares about...
Original post by Eralia
x

Hello! :wavey:

First of all, I've moved this thread over to Relationships! :yay:

Secondly… I think this is a situation in which: 'you're both as bad as one another' applies. Sorry about your hard luck :console:, but what you said wasn't exactly OK. Nor was his remark. It doesn't seem like he's into you, like others suggested. So I'd take it as it is and leave it at that. :yep:
This sounds childish all round, think it is better for both of you not to talk, learn from it in future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending