The Student Room Group

Overcome fears / grow as an individual

Yh so I've always tried to improve myself physically, mentally and in general. I'm making a list of fears to overcome but don't know how to overcome it..

Public speaking
Animals
Want to talk in a medium speed not fast
Contribute more in lessons
Go bungee jumping
Don't be afraid of asking questions
Original post by Anonymous
Yh so I've always tried to improve myself physically, mentally and in general. I'm making a list of fears to overcome but don't know how to overcome it..

Public speaking
Animals
Go bungee jumping

Majority of those fears you'll only overcome by actually engaging in them tbh!
Public speakijng : Do it regularly
Animals: Interact with animals regularly
Speed of speech: Conciously try to slow it down while talking to people, it will eventually become second nature if you do it long enough
Contribute more to lessons: Improve confidence and read more into the subject
Go Bungee Jumping: I guess go bungee jumping
Questions: See contribution

It just seems like you need to improve your confidence. For me that came in time, but It can't hurt to do it yourself as well.
Reply 3
Original post by Binary Freak
Majority of those fears you'll only overcome by actually engaging in them tbh!

I know lol. I don't know where I can do public speaking .

Original post by TercioOfParma
Public speakijng : Do it regularly
Animals: Interact with animals regularly
Speed of speech: Conciously try to slow it down while talking to people, it will eventually become second nature if you do it long enough
Contribute more to lessons: Improve confidence and read more into the subject
Go Bungee Jumping: I guess go bungee jumping
Questions: See contribution

It just seems like you need to improve your confidence. For me that came in time, but It can't hurt to do it yourself as well.

My confidence isn't bad like if I know the answer I'll contribute, but likewise if I'm not certain I'll be quiet. Also, I've noticed I only interact with my friends not with other people.

I think my grammar in writing also needs improving any advice?

What actually made me upset was I was sat in a table Alone & nobody bothered to sit next to me or talk... but once another girl was in my position people told her to come..

I want to overcome my fears before Uni. Basically within my last 7/8 weeks of College. Is it possible?
I don't like bungee jumping, they always try to bite you.
Reply 5
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
I don't like bungee jumping, they always try to bite you.

Ey?
Ey?

My bad thought it said budgie jumping

Public speaking
Animals
Go bungee jumping

Just get out of your comfort zone. Whenever your telling yourself not to do something, it's usually because it's something unusual to you so you're scared to persist with it.

We can only give you advice on how to overcome your fears as it's impossible for us to literally take away the fear, unfortunately, it's only something you can do yourself, and trust me - when you take the steps to get over them it will feel so worth it.

Something little as talking to someone new everyday will boost your confidence, and worst case scenario you'll never see these people again so it won't matter if you mess up.
Reply 8
Original post by Lucarious30
Just get out of your comfort zone. Whenever your telling yourself not to do something, it's usually because it's something unusual to you so you're scared to persist with it.

We can only give you advice on how to overcome your fears as it's impossible for us to literally take away the fear, unfortunately, it's only something you can do yourself, and trust me - when you take the steps to get over them it will feel so worth it.

Something little as talking to someone new everyday will boost your confidence, and worst case scenario you'll never see these people again so it won't matter if you mess up.

True x I'm ganna make a list , and overcome it one at a time

Idk about public speaking talking infront of 100 people at a time
Reply 9
What's ironic is that the same guy initiates convro when we're alone 😂😂
I wonder why 😂
I suggest you get yourself a copy of "Feel the fear, but do it anyway". It's a short book on this subject by Susan Jeffers, very common and you can pick a 2nd hand cop up for pennies.
Original post by Lucarious30

I can't think of what's out of my comfort zone apart from animals and public speaking sometimes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending