The Student Room Group

I HATE grime music

Scroll to see replies

I personally don't like grime music. I'm more for rock myself. I don't like much rapping, but I think it sounds better when done in an American accent than a British one.
To me grime just sounds like 'innit bruv am in East London wit mah Rolex ain't I, fam? And then there was a fight in the street and got mobbed and robbed yeah - British life innit."
My taxi driver (who is white) who takes me to school everyday always puts BBC Radio 1Xtra on in the afternoon, which is pretty much just hip hop, R&B and grime. Particularly annoying when you hear the same songs every day. His ringtone on his phone is some Dizzee Rascal song, I think.
But no music is objectively 'good' or 'bad'. What's good music to me will probably have some people falling asleep, while other music that's raved about might have me cringing in my seat. People probably like grime because of the beats, the culture, and the 'close to home' lyrics, or other reasons. People who listen to it aren't idiots or uncultured or have 'bad' taste; they just like that music.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Imperion
Stormyz to me

... Yet to see miracles

Yep still STORMZY :colonhash:
Original post by skengboy
Shut up you wasteman this is britains culture yh accept it you stupid prick or ill shank you and your dusty face

Hi "skengboy", I think you're just furthering my point that grime is causing a culture of the chav to grow in this country. You defend your preferred type of music with violence when all i did was state my opinion on it and ask people for theirs.

To be honest i would put money on it that you're <16 like the rest of the grime fans, so even if i did come to your "endz" i doubt very much would happen in your favour.
Original post by GO97
i believe u just answered ur own thread

the question of the thread was your opinion on grime, not whether or not grime was good/bad... sorry to sound condescending
Its like rapping but angrier with less rhythm and more drugs
Original post by splashywill
Hi "skengboy", I think you're just furthering my point that grime is causing a culture of the chav to grow in this country. You defend your preferred type of music with violence when all i did was state my opinion on it and ask people for theirs.

To be honest i would put money on it that you're <16 like the rest of the grime fans, so even if i did come to your "endz" i doubt very much would happen in your favour.

Study also show rock and heavy metal increases chance of suicide among teens.
Does that also make rock bad?
Original post by BinyQuan
Study also show rock and heavy metal increases chance of suicide among teens.
Does that also make rock bad?

i would say that is one of the cons of rock, yes

It's also not a main part of being a following of rock
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 47
the question of the thread was your opinion on grime, not whether or not grime was good/bad... sorry to sound condescending

well in the OP u said u dont understand why ppl follow grime even though it sounds unpleasant. i was just pointing that its because what sounds unpleasant is "all based in opinions" as u put it
Original post by surina16
:headfire::headfire::headfire:

[video="youtube;C7xA8Hzuyac"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7xA8Hzuyac[/video]

Mad this tune is pure arson
Original post by RCLeahcar
I personally don't like grime music. I'm more for rock myself. I don't like much rapping, but I think it sounds better when done in an American accent than a British one.
To me grime just sounds like 'innit bruv am in East London wit mah Rolex ain't I, fam? And then there was a fight in the street and got mobbed and robbed yeah - British life innit."
My taxi driver (who is white) who takes me to school everyday always puts BBC Radio 1Xtra on in the afternoon, which is pretty much just hip hop, R&B and grime. Particularly annoying when you hear the same songs every day. His ringtone on his phone is some Dizzee Rascal song, I think.
But no music is objectively 'good' or 'bad'. What's good music to me will probably have some people falling asleep, while other music that's raved about might have me cringing in my seat. People probably like grime because of the beats, the culture, and the 'close to home' lyrics, or other reasons. People who listen to it aren't idiots or uncultured or have 'bad' taste; they just like that music.

this was nice to read even as this hour
I'm white as well and grime and dnb are my fav genres lol
however you can have grime and rap that don't speak about any of that stuff
What makes a genre a genre is the rhythm and instruments and bpm and all this tecnical stuff, and then of course the image
but rock isn't anymore innocent as far as influence
Original post by GO97
well in the OP u said u dont understand why ppl follow grime even though it sounds unpleasant. i was just pointing that its because what sounds unpleasant is "all based in opinions" as u put it

yea you're right... what's your opinion of grime?
Reply 51
Im not a fan of grime but it's British culture man come on

p.s Dizzee Rascal's Boy in da Corner is an incredible album
I really don't understand why so many UK teens are following this grime culture. The music is genuinely unpleasant to listen to and it promotes really chavy behaviour like taking drugs wearing a tracksuit... Anyone else think the same?

It aint for middle class suburban kids like you
Original post by darksaber365
It aint for middle class suburban kids like you

Might not be but middle class suburban kids seem to be the majority of the following
Reply 54
Its ok but not a big fan tbh who really listens to grime? And tbh all the grime artists went commercial it doesnt really exist anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
I hate roadmen, there are too many in my area :'|
I'm reallyyyyyy into 67 right now, I think they're sick. I even know one of the guys in the gang
Reply 57
Original post by ItsmeLaura
I'm reallyyyyyy into 67 right now, I think they're sick. I even know one of the guys in the gang

Seriously? Isn't it scary?
Original post by Aleiya
Seriously? Isn't it scary?

Not really boo, I'm not a road chick or anything like that I just like their songs
Most of this thread is just aids

Quick Reply

Latest