The Student Room Group

So what's the etiquette when you get friend requests from random people?

I sometimes get requests from people that I've never met with whom I have a mutual friend.
Reply 1
Original post by monk1324
I sometimes get requests from people that I've never met with whom I have a mutual friend.

I would ignore for the time being. If you meet someone in real life later on, they'll remember you and why you haven't accepted their request.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I usually ignore them.
They go into Facebook purgatory :yep:
I usually ignore them.

If I've never met them but there's like 80+ mutual friends I might accept it if they look hot for... research purposes.
I never accept if I don't know who they are.. I don't want them to see every post I make and every photo I'm tagged in if I don't have a clue who they are!
If I used it and we had mutual friends i'd accept and arrange a meeting.
Reply 7
If I don't know them at all and especially if we have no friends in common, I delete the request and mark it as spam so they can't add me again.
If they are hot (like a 4/10), I get all sweaty and I can't click accept fast enough.
Original post by Spock's Socks
If I don't know them at all and especially if we have no friends in common, I delete the request and mark it as spam so they can't add me again.

Haha, if you have no friends in common I think that's the normal reaction.

If they went to a similar institution (same university) I would still accept though, depends what they want?

Why pass up an opportunity to get to know someone who might be interesting / valuable?
Decline it. I only add people I know personally :smile:
Decline
Always
If you don't know them, don't add them, that's my usual policy with that sort of thing. If they're a friend of one of my friends I might conisder it though. But then I don't add people I know I won't talk to really, saves an awful lot of random stuff appearing on my feed.
Accept.
Send gore via message.
Await deletion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I accept almost all friend requests on my public profile. I decline almost all friend requests on my private profile.
I check them out, and if they sound interesting enough, I'll accept.

If it just looks like they added me for the sake of having me as a number on their list, then decline.
Also, if after having accepted they don't interact with me at all for a while, I go back to delete them.

I've made a good number of genuine friends by just accepting them out of nowhere :cute:

Quick Reply

Latest