The Student Room Group

Labour MP forced to resign over call for all Jews in Mid East to be deported

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by THE EPIC Panda
News in. Naz Shah has now got a position in the NUS

The succession is already known.
This is obviously some Tory plot to keep on painting Labour as anti semitic.
Original post by Josb
Because Jews didn't have many options after the USA had closed the gates of immigration in 1924. This agreement was signed in 1933, at the climax of the economic crisis; Jews could not go anywhere else.

The US was still accepting Jewish immigration, well into the Evian Conference of 1938.

Come with facts, not a convoluted historical crib sheet provided to you by the Zionist propoganda office.

I'd say that the threat faced by Jews in the 1930s was a bit more serious than the current antisemitism in Europe. I suppose that it's just another ridiculous comparison from you.

Again, you seem to miss the point.

My contention is not whether conditions of the oppressor were/are the same, but the reactions of the Zionists/Israeli's seem to be remarkably similar, regardless of the type of persecution the Jews are/have been subjected to, in that in both cases, it's an encouragement for Jews to migrate (or make Aliyah) to Israel.
Reply 103
Original post by TheArtofProtest

Come with facts, not a convoluted historical crib sheet provided to you by the Zionist propoganda office.

I forgot it was pointless to talk to you.
Original post by Josb
I forgot it was pointless to talk to you.

:colonhash:

I thought I was sharper than that.

Must have been the immigration counter-rebuttal which blunted your mind but a Zionist shill will shill.

Till next time. :boxing:
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The US was still accepting Jewish immigration, well into the Evian Conference of 1938.

Alright I was going to leave you alone, but I just want to refute this because my position is easily backed by facts. You've clearly never studied immigration to the US in depth, but I have. Yes, the US was still accepting some Jews, just like it was still accepting some non-Jewish immigrants, but the quota system left the vast majority of Jews unable to enter the country. Steamships would race to be the first to the US in any given month because otherwise they'd have to bring all the people home (they started charging all passengers for round trip tickets so they wouldn't lose money). Ever heard of the SS St Louis?
I love the current civil war between the Zionists and Muslims for control of the Labour party
Original post by Josb
No, it was the fault of the Arab states. If they had accepted the partition plan, Palestinians would still live there. Their concerted attack of Israel is unjustifiable.

The ongoing colonisation is a separate issue.

You cannot make that claim - Israel even in recent years continues to displace and illegally settle in Palestine.
Your unjustified opinions are not adding to this argument.

It is not a separate issue, and even if it did dispelling it as if it was insignificant shows how weak your argument is. It is one of the main reason which caused this MP's post.
freedom of speech
Original post by sjohnson98
Alright I was going to leave you alone, but I just want to refute this because my position is easily backed by facts. You've clearly never studied immigration to the US in depth, but I have. Yes, the US was still accepting some Jews, just like it was still accepting some non-Jewish immigrants, but the quota system left the vast majority of Jews unable to enter the country. Steamships would race to be the first to the US in any given month because otherwise they'd have to bring all the people home (they started charging all passengers for round trip tickets so they wouldn't lose money). Ever heard of the SS St Louis?

The point that was made by @Josb that the US stopped all immigration from 1924.

I was able to show, through stating facts, that this was clearly not the case.
Reply 110
It wasnt racist
The fact that she has not been kicked out of the Labour Party shows how anti-sematic and the level of islamophobia-phobia they have.
Original post by KingBradly
The left have become ruthlessly antisemitic. Why should those Jews have to move because of their government's actions?
Of course, if she had said that those men who have abused women in the streets of Germany and Sweden should be deported she would have been lambasted by the left, because they are Muslim. But telling innocent Jews to leave their home because of what their government does? Absolutely fine.

Is it the 'left' generally? Or is it a particular faction within the left that aligns itself with Islamist political views? That's certainly the case with Galloway for example and it seems that way with this MP.
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
Naz Shah MP, a newly-elected Labour MP and close ally of Jeremy Corbyn has been forced to resign from her position as Parliamentary Private Secretary to John McDonnell, over her comments calling for all Jews in the Middle East to be deported to North America

She shouldn't be resigning her position as PPS, she should be resigning from her position as MP.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/naz-shah-calls-for-jeremy-corbyn-to-expel-labour-mp-over-her-backing-of-relocate-israel-to-north-a7002276.html

she should stay.... Jeremy's Circus has a broad tent :teehee:
Original post by hovado
It wasnt racist

That's a pretty hard sell, given that it derives the pre-war Nazi 'plan' for the resettlement of Jews. The original tweet she responded to was clearly an anti-semitic joke and not a particularly fun one.
To be fair, her vitriol against Jews was probably a vote-grabber in Bradford West....
Original post by The_Opinion
The fact that she has not been kicked out of the Labour Party shows how anti-sematic and the level of islamophobia-phobia they have.

Nothing wrong in being anti-sematic.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
That's a pretty hard sell, given that it derives the pre-war Nazi 'plan' for the resettlement of Jews. The original tweet she responded to was clearly an anti-semitic joke and not a particularly fun one.

Wonderful you are back.

I seem to have missed your appointment as the Minister of Humour? Congraulations nonetheless.
Reply 118
Original post by Fullofsurprises

Yeah, i just wanted to be the first to say it, normally by this point in the thread it would have been repeated several times, got lucky i guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending