The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stupid
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Is there a better word or a sentence for something you shouldn't do but do it anyway.

My brain is honestly fried as I have been typing for far too long. I need a better word/sentence. Help pls :confused:

What's the wider context?
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Stupid

:cry2:

I've only had about 3 hours of sleep, don't be so cruel.
:cry2:

I've only had about 3 hours of sleep, don't be so cruel.

I meant the word for something you shouldn't do but do it anyway
Original post by Ethereal World
What's the wider context?

Well it's about a woman being restricted and repressed by the government and being able to rise up and show indomitable strength even though it went against the rules of the state. :frown: I need to explain that better but I'm tired :frown:
Forbidden?
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
I meant the word for something you shouldn't do but do it anyway

:cry2: oh okay.

But that isn't very helpful :frown:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Forbidden?

There is another word but I can't seem to grasp it...:frown:
Title "award" or "a word" ??
Is there a better word or a sentence for something you shouldn't do but do it anyway.

My brain is honestly fried as I have been typing for far too long. I need a better word/sentence. Help pls :confused:

Guilty pleasure could be one? (well it's two words but still!)
(edited 7 years ago)

I know what you mean but I can't seem to recall what it is. I know it is something to do with morals.
Well it's about a woman being restricted and repressed by the government and being able to rise up and show indomitable strength even though it went against the rules of the state. :frown: I need to explain that better but I'm tired :frown:

She willfully ignored the fact that this action was prohibited by the state because to her it was more important to stand up for what she believed in? :dontknow:
Original post by ODES_PDES
Title "award" or "a word" ??

Shhhh.. I meant a word.

omg I think the answer is go to sleep :redface:

Rebel/rebelled/rebelling?
Original post by Ethereal World
She willfully ignored the fact that this action was prohibited by the state because to her it was more important to stand up for what she believed in? :dontknow:

Yes, yes I like that. I shall use it. That works well. :tongue:

Gosh :redface: It's one of those days....
Original post by Lord Samosa
Rebel/rebelled/rebelling?

Rebelling works but she doesn't rebel in an obvious way...

Lol I make no sense to you, do I? :redface:
Repudiate - She repudiated against the policies and became a pioneer, breaking social norms by downing gallons of beer
Yes, yes I like that. I shall use it. That works well. :tongue:

Gosh :redface: It's one of those days....

It's always one of those days :giggle:
Insubordination is a great word :woo: