The Student Room Group

Labour MP forced to resign over call for all Jews in Mid East to be deported

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheArtofProtest
Nothing wrong in being anti-sematic.

So being anti-Muslim is also perfectly fine?
Original post by The_Opinion
So being anti-Muslim is also perfectly fine?

Being anti-Muslin is also fine.
Being anti-Muslin is also fine.

Perhaps I confused you with another poster, but I'm sure that I saw your posts complaining about anyone making anything vaguely considered "Islamaphobic".
Original post by The_Opinion
Perhaps I confused you with another poster, but I'm sure that I saw your posts complaining about anyone making anything vaguely considered "Islamaphobic".

I'm sure you didn't.
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse

And I wonder where the name Jerusalem comes from? Is it an Arab name?

It's Akkadian, as far as we know. Whether it dates back any further than that is uncertain, but it certIainly predates Hebrew,
Maybe relocating Bradford to Pakistan is an option.
Original post by dozyrosie
Maybe relocating Bradford to Pakistan is an option.

No thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite an epidemic of Israeli hate Labour are cultivating their
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
The UN proposed a Jewish state in Jewish majority areas, and an Arab state in Arab majority areas. The Arabs rejected that and declared all-out war, and they lost. You can't be the first to resort to violence then complain about the outcome

UNSCOP proposed a Jewish state in Jewish-majority areas and Arab-majority areas with a significant Jewish minority, and an Arab state in wholly or virtually wholly Arab areas (and even that wasn't true for the Negev). Even after that, UN committees considering the plan thought UNSCOP were using outdated population stats, particularly regarding the Bedouin, and that there was probably in fact a very slight Arab majority in the area of the proposed Jewish state.

As @DMcGovern has already pointed out, a war broke out, but no-one declared war.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The point that was made by @Josb that the US stopped all immigration from 1924.

I was able to show, through stating facts, that this was clearly not the case.

Okay but as someone who has studies this in depth, to a degree that you more than likely never will, I can tell you that @Josb is more or less correct. Almost every one of the Jews who came was Eastern European and the US stopped virtually all immigration from that region. If you want to make a big fuss about "virtually" then you can, but I'm telling you, as someone who's studied this, that this is just what it is.
Original post by sjohnson98
Okay but as someone who has studies this in depth, to a degree that you more than likely never will, I can tell you that @Josb is more or less correct. Almost every one of the Jews who came was Eastern European and the US stopped virtually all immigration from that region. If you want to make a big fuss about "virtually" then you can, but I'm telling you, as someone who's studied this, that this is just what it is.

Sonny, you can either bring facts to this discussion, or you can bring opinions to this discussion.

Josb and you have brought opinions, and I have brought facts.

Facts will always trump opinions. Every time.
Nothing wrong with a bit of Israeli hate,or any hate in general.

Not long now brother Artofprotest, soon we will be able to preach our anti antisemitism and hatred for juice vociferously. But for now we must remain schum tee hee
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Not long now brother Artofprotest, soon we will be able to preach our anti antisemitism and hatred for juice vociferously. But for now we must remain schum tee hee

*Masonic handshake*

Sonny, you can either bring facts to this discussion, or you can bring opinions to this discussion.

Josb and you have brought opinions, and I have brought facts.

Facts will always trump opinions. Every time.

Hey, do me a favor, alright lovely? Go to NY and visit two museums: Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration and the Museum of Jewish Heritage. If you walk out of both of those as the same vile person you are now, I'll give up on you. But you'd probably learn something and maybe even gain a little humility. You've spent this entire thread joking about 11 million people dying (I'd quote it if I had more time) and that's just despicable. So respond with any slurs or insults you'd like - I'm done. You are one of the most cruel people I've ever had the misfortune of interacting with.
Original post by sjohnson98
Hey, do me a favor, alright lovely? Go to NY and visit two museums: Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration and the Museum of Jewish Heritage. If you walk out of both of those as the same vile person you are now, I'll give up on you. But you'd probably learn something and maybe even gain a little humility. You've spent this entire thread joking about 11 million people dying (I'd quote it if I had more time) and that's just despicable. So respond with any slurs or insults you'd like - I'm done. You are one of the most cruel people I've ever had the misfortune of interacting with.

Facts also trump any emotional or vitriolic abuse that you direct at me.
Original post by anarchism101
It's Akkadian, as far as we know.

Actually it's not. The Akkadian name for Jerusalem was "uru-salim". Jerusalem comes from the Hebrew "Yarushalem".

And of course the substantive issue here is that Jerusalem has been the metropolis of the Jews for thousands of years, and for much longer than Arabs and Muslims have lived there.

So the hard left either have to accept that Jews are native to the Israel/Palestine area and that their claim predates that of the Arab Muslim invasion and waves of immigration that followed its conquest in the 7th century.

Or you have to accept that the Jews claim predates that of the Arab Muslims but that many groups have come and gone through that area, including Jews, Samaritans, Hellenised Christians, Arabs and others, in which case the Jews' return to Israel in 1948 is no different from any of the other major waves of immigration and demographic change that have occurred continuously in that region. The Arabs have no more of an ironclad claim in perpetuity to that land than any other group including those groups they displaced.
Original post by anarchism101
UNSCOP proposed a Jewish state in Jewish-majority areas and Arab-majority areas with a significant Jewish minority, and an Arab state in wholly or virtually wholly Arab areas (and even that wasn't true for the Negev).

Which was the only way to make both states politically sustainable. Why should those Arabs who found themselves in the Israel-assigned area find that so objectionable? Are they, as a matter of principle, opposed to being under a government composed of Jews?

Suspended.....she should be kicked out, but I doubt that it will happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending