The Student Room Group

silent treatment

so guys im in a bit of a situation

baisically im in a pickle at the moment. My partners has not been speaking to me since a month or so. Im mot sure why and its been killing me because she hasnt told me why shes been acting like this at all.

She has a very busy sheculde on a daily basis for university, and irepsect that so i didnt message her much- or when i did i didnt expect her to reply to it. But when it would be a day or two and no reply, id message her again saying " r u ok"? shes message back saying "yes, just please leave me alone". So again, although it would hrut me, id respect that.
But now she messages back saying dont message me again and i have no clue why. We were really close and everything was find until late march- then she started acting all like this.
Sometimes i have a feeling that an incident that occurred in december may have played a part- I nearly broke up with her because she was constantly arguing with me. I was also suffering from depression and still am, and i explained to her the very day we had the argument that i wwasnt myself when i made that decision and i apologized for it. She said it was ok and things went back to they were like.
Now shes been treating me like rubbish- someone reposted a photo of her on fb where she had won an award and i commented on it because i felt proud. she asked me to delete it asap.
I also asked her many times to atleast speak to me- to discuss whats gone wrong, but she keeps telling me to stop bothering her,
It hurts so much- i have no clue what to do.
Sounds like she isn't worth your time.
Reply 2
Original post by TercioOfParma
Sounds like she isn't worth your time.

im really unsure as to what to do
Original post by Anonymous
so guys im in a bit of a situation

baisically im in a pickle at the moment. My partners has not been speaking to me since a month or so. Im mot sure why and its been killing me because she hasnt told me why shes been acting like this at all.

She has a very busy sheculde on a daily basis for university, and irepsect that so i didnt message her much- or when i did i didnt expect her to reply to it. But when it would be a day or two and no reply, id message her again saying " r u ok"? shes message back saying "yes, just please leave me alone". So again, although it would hrut me, id respect that.
But now she messages back saying dont message me again and i have no clue why. We were really close and everything was find until late march- then she started acting all like this.
Sometimes i have a feeling that an incident that occurred in december may have played a part- I nearly broke up with her because she was constantly arguing with me. I was also suffering from depression and still am, and i explained to her the very day we had the argument that i wwasnt myself when i made that decision and i apologized for it. She said it was ok and things went back to they were like.
Now shes been treating me like rubbish- someone reposted a photo of her on fb where she had won an award and i commented on it because i felt proud. she asked me to delete it asap.
I also asked her many times to atleast speak to me- to discuss whats gone wrong, but she keeps telling me to stop bothering her,
It hurts so much- i have no clue what to do.

Does this sound like what one should treat their partner like?
Honestly why would she tell you to delete your comment? Either she felt embarrassed that you wrote it or she doesn't want another person to see it.
If your the one constantly reaching out to her, and you cant get a proper reason why, I'd say leave her honestly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending