The Student Room Group

What should i bring to the uni?

hello😃
I ve read many discussions and recommendations about what should someone bring to the University. Most people mentioned that they took 2suitcses and a couple of boxes.. my problem is that i live outside the uk and have no relatives there. So is it possible to transfer all my luggage (clothes, kitchen supplies, towels etc) by airplane? cause i think there is no need to buy new there as i have everything in my home. Is there anyone else who moved to the uk for studying in the university? I really need advice😖
Thank youu💖
You need to check the airline restrictions to see how much you can actually bring over.
Reply 2
Plenty of coins for laundry
As someone who did the same thing, just buy new as it works out a lot easier. It'll cost about £150 to get set up, which isn't much in the grand scheme of uni, and that'll save you lugging two suitcases around, potential extra baggage fees, all of your stuff will be brand new, and you'll have an excuse to explore a bit more during fresher's week.
Reply 4
Original post by constantina98
hello😃
I ve read many discussions and recommendations about what should someone bring to the University. Most people mentioned that they took 2suitcses and a couple of boxes.. my problem is that i live outside the uk and have no relatives there. So is it possible to transfer all my luggage (clothes, kitchen supplies, towels etc) by airplane? cause i think there is no need to buy new there as i have everything in my home. Is there anyone else who moved to the uk for studying in the university? I really need advice😖
Thank youu💖

If you're staying at University accommodation, first double check what they provide! My friend moved from Italy and we attend Newman University. I've been in her halls a few times and they have kitchen provided with things like a kettle and toaster etc. All she did was buy some cheap dishes to cook and eat in, especially things that if they break they are easily replaceable. Don't stress out too much just double check what you get and what you won't to help you decide :smile:
Thank you for your advice! I will take all these into consideration :smile: good luck with your studies: )
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by constantina98
Thank you for your advice! I will take all these into consideration :smile: good luck with your studies: )
Posted from TSR Mobile

It may be worth looking at international shipping companies, although like previous posters have said, first year students have a tendency to over pack. Besides, if you do forget anything, you'll easily be able to buy whatever it is in your uni town anyway :smile:
Reply 7
Just buy it when there, and store it at a storage place over the holidays. (Big yellow storage I think are good).
Just pop to the local Wilkinsons or supermarket, cheap cutlery/plates and bedding galore.
Shouldn't cost much.
Plus it means you won't need to buy anything you've already got there, that you might waste time accidentally bringing over otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending