The Student Room Group

What are the top 10 worst things parents could say or do during revision period?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TimmonaPortella
No, it doesn't mean that. They're saying 'they are easier'. You are saying 'they are so easy that they require no work or intelligence'. One of these is a relative statement. The other is absolute.

My parents never did 6, but it probably would have helped me. And 3. is a totally fair comment. If you think you can concentrate better whilst listening to music, you're wrong. You can't. If you concentrate as well when you have music on as when you don't, what you are doing is ignoring the music, in which case you may as well switch it off.

Thanks for letting me know mate.
Original post by ZuluK
My TSR name is my real name :colonhash: are you saying that you aren't Bhagwans Bhool? :shock:

Spoiler

That is my real name :colonhash:
I was a mistake :rofl:
Original post by Saly_Elkady
I am not sure if this prayer scares you or not but I know that the Arab moms tend to say it a lot during the exams " May god reward you for your hard work "
Though I really work hard but when she says it I feels like I never opened a book xD

HAHAHA i feel u :P
Original post by EllainKahlo
Thanks for letting me know mate.

You're welcome. Just make sure you take it on board.
Original post by MarleyZ
A new survey by the National Citizen Service (NCS) has revealed these as the top 10 worst things your parents could say or do during revision time.

Agree? Have your parents said anything that's not on the list that is definitely a big no no? :laugh:

Top 10 worst things parents could say or do during revision period

1. "Shouldn’t you be revising?” (52%)

2.“Just do your best” (34%)

3. “Can you really think with that music on?” (27%)

4. “How can you work with all those screens on?” (23%)

5. “If you’ve put in the time you’ll be ok“ (19%)

6. Confiscate your mobile phone (19%)

7. “Exams are so much easier these days” (15%)

8. Saying things like “Is that YouTuber really helping with your revision” (13%)

9. Pretending to know more than they do (10%)

10. Micromanaging your revision calendar (9%)

If my parents die that doesn't really help
''Your intelligence stopped out at GCSE you won't get A grades'' (after receiving a well done card from my cousin)
I'd follow up with 'you stopped being my parents 5 seconds ago'
Coming in all the time :redface: she doesn't even knock anymore :/
like ik she is just being lovely and kind and supportive but i can't hug her every ten minutes when i'm in the middle of revision and i hate being irritable with her but it gets annoying after a while :redface:
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
I'd follow up with 'you stopped being my parents 5 seconds ago'

Yeah my mum was a bitch. Then she ripped up my biology A2 Textbook after I'd gotten an A* in my BIO4 A2 Exam so I had to borrow the teachers
Why would someone do this? Your mums a bit weird tbh.
Reply 30
Parents are silly when they say all this, they shouldnt care about exams, rhey shpuld encourage their kids from young to enjoy and explore the subject. Read what Richard Feynmans dad done to encourage him to take an interest in problem solving.
Why would someone do this? Your mums a bit weird tbh.

Why do you think I moved out. She did it because I was apparently becoming ''too obsessed'' (I really wasn't, I must have just spent an hour a night including homework and still managed to get A's and A*'s in all the homeworks)
Wow haha, my mum took a pretty lassiez faire approach to my education which was a double edged sword, but that is utter fascism. Not sure how any parent can discourage their children from getting an education...
Wow haha, my mum took a pretty lassiez faire approach to my education which was a double edged sword, but that is utter fascism.

Then she made me stay at home for a week and a half whilst she went on a cruise with her friend so I missed loads of lessons 'to look after the dog''
Every single one is said to me on a daily basis
Hahaha, before the thread loaded, I was just thinking:

"Shouldn't you be revising?" - especially whilst you've just sat down to binge watch your favourite TV show xD
Original post by TimmonaPortella
You're welcome. Just make sure you take it on board.

Don't hold your breath, I won't.
My dad literally just walked in to lecture me about revising as I was reading this thread.
They should develop an isolationism policy and just leave us to it.
Mine always say "As long as you've done your best, thats all that matters." when I get stressed over revision or do badly on a test. If I get a crap grade, then I clearly haven't done my best have I?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending