The Student Room Group

I fear I'm surrounded by toxic people

I could rant all day but I'll try and keep it short-ish.. My close uni friends are starting to become really toxic, whenever we are on breaks the conversation usually swings pretty quickly to boyfriends or dating. My group consists of mostly girls and 2 other guys including me.

ALL they do 90% of the time is bitch about their boyfriends, it's so awkward because it happens in facebook group chats as well. If their boyfriends knew half of what gets said about them, they would leave them in an instant. Their boyfriends are decent guys too, I know them personally. One side of my head keeps telling me I should tell them how much they get **** talked, but then I would get labelled the **** talker.

How can I go about my current situation? It gets worse every time I'm around them. Is this what girls are doing when we're not around? If so I don't think I want a relationship lmao. The 2 other guys also agree with me. I don't really know many people on campus apart from these people and a few friends which I have outside of uni.
Reply 1
Do you really want to be friends with bitchy people though?

I'm not gonna lie a lot of girls bitch to their close mates about their bf's - sometimes in a jokey way, you just need to decide whether they're saying actual meaningful spiteful things because if they are talking in a spiteful way you don't really need to associate with those kinds of people.

You only need like 2/3 good friends. It's better than friends who might end up talking about you behind your back!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I could rant all day but I'll try and keep it short-ish.. My close uni friends are starting to become really toxic, whenever we are on breaks the conversation usually swings pretty quickly to boyfriends or dating. My group consists of mostly girls and 2 other guys including me.

ALL they do 90% of the time is bitch about their boyfriends, it's so awkward because it happens in facebook group chats as well. If their boyfriends knew half of what gets said about them, they would leave them in an instant. Their boyfriends are decent guys too, I know them personally. One side of my head keeps telling me I should tell them how much they get **** talked, but then I would get labelled the **** talker.

How can I go about my current situation? It gets worse every time I'm around them. Is this what girls are doing when we're not around? If so I don't think I want a relationship lmao. The 2 other guys also agree with me. I don't really know many people on campus apart from these people and a few friends which I have outside of uni.

You soft piece of nothing. Seriously? Exams are soon and this is your biggest concern? Is this what your parents are wasting 9k a year on?

You don't even deserve my advice.
Slowly distance yourself, they'll start excluding you.

If you want to be friends later you can turn it back on them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending