The Student Room Group

NCS

is anyone going for the NCS this year or if you have been there, how did you find your experience?
Original post by Naomeyz_01
is anyone going for the NCS this year or if you have been there, how did you find your experience?

I am going. Will see you there maybe

There is already a thread -> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4004391&page=2&highlight=ncs
:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by TSR USER 2016
I am going. Will see you there maybe

How old are you?
How old are you?

15 and you?
Reply 5
15 and you?

same, I tried signing for it but it doesnt let me!
Bascially, don't insult people

I had 3 fights in the duration of 3 weeks- a fight every week(verbal obviously)

There were lots of wannabees in my wave so it was kind of dead- but I met some amazing people from my friends and I LOVE MY GROUP. We still keep contact and we are going to meet up after our A levels exams- we met up more than 3 times (I went to the Summer NCS last year July).
same, I tried signing for it but it doesnt let me!

I signed up quite early so not sure maybe give them a ring or email, and maybe won't see you there lol because there's loads of different dates and venues.
Reply 8
Original post by Defraction

There were lots of wannabees in my wave so it was kind of dead- but I met some amazing people from my friends and I LOVE MY GROUP. We still keep contact and we are going to meet up after our A levels exams- we met up more than 3 times (I went to the Summer NCS last year July).

oh wow thank you for that information
Original post by Defraction

Lol why did you insult people?! I never insult anyone anyway it's usually others who insult me but then I get aggressive so best to avoud insulting me, even jokes.
oh wow thank you for that information

No problem, just make sure you pick the right people to interact with. You don't see their true colours till the 2nd week( I had a verbal fight with some girl in my group and 'accidentally' called her a Bastard- apparently I went too far but I thought she deserved it for being annoying- but we are cool now.
Lol why did you insult people?! I never insult anyone anyway it's usually others who insult me but then I get aggressive so best to avoud insulting me, even jokes.

What I say to them is considered to be 'offensive' and 'insulting'- but I'm naturally sarcastic so they obviously take it the wrong way. They didn't know how I was like so they obviously got butt-hurt what I said(I wasn't being serious, it's just my sarcastic nature).
I'm doing mine from 27th July - 18th August
I went in 2014, it was really fun, especially the first week - we went to Wales, did some hiking, canoeing, caving.....
The only real issues in my wave were a few people 'hooking up' in the 1st week, and a bit of drama about some party a few of them went to.... Just choose to be around people that reflect your views, as well as a few that can enlighten you - I was so glad to find a load of open minded and kind people on my wave, I was losing belief in ever being able to have a mature conversation regarding real issues (not Kim K, or the Drake-Meek Mills beef)

You should find it fun, the only thing I would say is that I was an associate mentor last year, and the kids were quite hellish....
It all depends on who's there - my sister is in Year 11, and although it is a generalisation, I reckon her year group will be more difficult for the staff.....
There are so many reasons to go - you will make new friends, become inspired to continue making change to the world, you will be offered opportunities with NCS after The Challenge, and these can lead to jobs in the future - I just did their Headstart programme and I'm about to do an internship with the Mayor of London!

Overall, I'd say that it is very enjoyable, and if you can handle a rowdy crowd you'll be fine - remember they're all excited and enjoying themselves and hopefully you will too if you go.....
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending