The Student Room Group

Reinstated application at EY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Wish my application gets reinstated I got a level 7 on the numerical :frown:
Reply 41
Is anyone else still waiting for a phone interview date? It took them 19 days to tell me that my application re-screening was successful then they just sent me another email about being in touch for the next stage in the next 10 days.... I'm just worried because my exams are coming up very soon and I don't want to compromise them!
Oh i was expecting them to have given you the job by now.
Reply 43
Original post by 999tigger
Oh i was expecting them to have given you the job by now.

Sadly, no. I think it also has something to do with perhaps my department being slower with applications as most people here have applied for Audit and Assurance whereas I applied for Transactions :frown:
I've been invited to attend a webinar regarding the telephone interview this week. But i'm very much the same as you and want it all done ASAP. Has anyone been offered a job yet?
Reply 45
Anyone still not heard anything??
How did everyone find the interview?
Does anyone know how long after the partner interview it takes to hear back? Had mine today, and I'm a bit anxious lol
I was told they would be in touch with me but 2-3 weeks later, i've still Heard nothing back so far. Am I allowed to delay my application for the 2017 intake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Hey, just checking in with everyone, where has everyone reached in the process so far? I just had my phone interview yesterday (yes, I know that it took so long!) and am waiting to hear back about it. How soon after am I meant to hear back? Makbkuan I would contact my recruiter directly and ask them :smile:
I got an offer last week for the role I applied for 😁
Reply 51
Original post by Med_Geek

Do you have any advice for the situational strengths tests and business behaviors test?

Well done for your offer.

Also I noticed that they introduced a new 3 week internship for people who can't do the 6 week one.
Reply 52

Congratulations! I have my AC and Partner Interview on Friday, any words of advice?
Original post by e^x
Do you have any advice for the situational strengths tests and business behaviors test?

Well done for your offer.

Also I noticed that they introduced a new 3 week internship for people who can't do the 6 week one.

Thanks :smile: I would say for the SJT and behaviors test that the best bet is to be yourself. Answer the questions honestly and truthfully. That's what I did :smile:

Original post by kitkatsal
Congratulations! I have my AC and Partner Interview on Friday, any words of advice?

Ahh good luck! I would say that if you're nervous, that's completely fine. I was really anxious going into mine, and because of that I was a lot quieter than usual. The managers at the interview are receptive to the fact that some people may be nervous, so they definitely consider that when reaching a final judgement. Again, like I've said above, just be yourself. Make sure that what you are saying is adding value to the conversation. Be polite to your peers, but don't be afraid to challenge what anyone has said. If you do challenge someone, make sure you do it in a courteous manner, and don't shoot them down. My advise would be in the group exercise to try and be the person who also keeps track of time (the exercises are very precisely timed), if time management is something you're good at. For the written exercise, I didn't even finish it. I would advise that you quickly skim through the pack that they give you, and just spend a minute writing "Dear Mr/Mrs X" and "Kind regards..." as a basis for each email. It saves time. Look over the exercises you are given and then prioritise where you think you can show your writing skills best.

For the partner interview, make sure you know your presentation content inside out, and be prepared for unexpected questions. I was lucky because the exec director who interviewed me stuck to a set of fairly predictable questions. Treat the presentation part as if you were giving a dissertation or project proposal to a senior lecturer (i.e. formal, but still relaxed and being yourself). Don't be afraid to ask for a minute to think of a suitable answer (I did several times).

Feel free to DM me btw, I can give you some more advice :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 54
Hey guys,

I just received a reinstating email from EY regarding positions in direct / indirect tax- London. Anyone else find themselves in a similar situation? And also are there anything I should do to get a response besides waiting patiently? Exams are coming and I am afraid of timetable clashes with my examinations. Thank you in advance!
Original post by winner7
Hey guys,

I just received a reinstating email from EY regarding positions in direct / indirect tax- London. Anyone else find themselves in a similar situation? And also are there anything I should do to get a response besides waiting patiently? Exams are coming and I am afraid of timetable clashes with my examinations. Thank you in advance!

I think everyone on this thread found themselves in a similar situation with reinstated applications. They're usually quite flexible around your schedule (although partner interviews may be slightly more rigid). You should receive a reponse in 2-3 days usually about whether the re-screening of your application has been successful, and then they schedule you in for a telephone interview and webinar to prep you for the phone interview.
Reply 56
Original post by winner7
Hey guys,

I think everyone on this thread found themselves in a similar situation with reinstated applications. They're usually quite flexible around your schedule (although partner interviews may be slightly more rigid). You should receive a reponse in 2-3 days usually about whether the re-screening of your application has been successful, and then they schedule you in for a telephone interview and webinar to prep you for the phone interview.

I got this email too. But asked if they could reconsider my application for corporate finance the position I originally applied to since that vacancy is still open. It also did say in the email to state one divert option.
Reply 57
Can i ask for those of you that have had the application reinstated what level did you get in the numerical test?
Reply 58
Original post by kitkatsal

Hey, do u or any1 else know how long it takes EY to reconsider your app and email u?

I got an email and asked if they could reconsider my app for corporate finance summer internship?
Reply 59
Original post by e^x
Hey, do u or any1 else know how long it takes EY to reconsider your app and email u?

I got an email and asked if they could reconsider my app for corporate finance summer internship?

Apparently the entire process takes about a month. Anyone of you guys heard back from EY to proceed with the webinar yet?

Quick Reply

Latest