TSR USER 2016
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

how do you think strong feeling are presented in george and lennie's relationship in the of mice and men book by the writer?
any interesting idea or some good example

i know at the end when he has to shoot lennie but is there anythin else

Cheers
amehlia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
because the novel is set in the time of The Great Depression, you could talk about how the fact that George and Lennie are travelling together demonstrates a secure and solid bond of friendship between them as farmers would usually travel alone in this time to give them a better chance of finding work.

there's also the fact they share a dream together, which can be a very intimate thing - George aims to inspire hope in Lennie which in turn inspires it in himself, showing the depth of their relationship.

can't really think of much else, been a few years since i did of mice and men haha
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TSR USER 2016)
Hi
Hi! I moved this thread to the English Study Help forum for you - you'll probably get more responses here it might also be worth having a look at the Of Mice and Men Study Help Main Thread.
Social Elitist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by amehlia)
because the novel is set in the time of The Great Depression, you could talk about how the fact that George and Lennie are travelling together demonstrates a secure and solid bond of friendship between them as farmers would usually travel alone in this time to give them a better chance of finding work.

there's also the fact they share a dream together, which can be a very intimate thing - George aims to inspire hope in Lennie which in turn inspires it in himself, showing the depth of their relationship.

can't really think of much else, been a few years since i did of mice and men haha
You can also expand this in context: that on the Ranch, all the workers have a sort of 'what?' reaction to this loving relationship from George and Lennie. During the Great Depression, every man lives for himself - survival of the fittest, which leads to isolation being a common theme throughout the novella and vice versa.
hhaid321
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Help what would you grade my essay about Crooks

Essay regarding crooks

‘of mice and men’ Crooks speaks for black American and how they are isolated by society. Of mice and men Crooks get discriminated by the other members of the ranch based on his skin colour although racism was abolished at that time in America. However, workers still continue this act by putting him in an abandoned plain barn house. In his barn house there is a lot of significant high standard books and it reflects on who the real Crook is.

He is a knowledgeable, decent, resourceful, sharp, brainy etc. Sorrowfully no one is aware that. Considering the fact that Crooks
has been working his entire life and he kind of forgotten on
how to communicate with other people. When Lennie enters unexpectedly Crook doesn't really know what to say to Lennie.
When Lennie revealed his idea that he came up with George Crooks looks glum and cheerless Lennie said ‘Why don't you have any friend’ (or a similar concept) Crook said in a dull voice ‘Because I’m black!’ This show that Crooks is really hurt and dismal.

There is a lack of respect toward Crooks as you know
from the start that the worker’s express their emotion by saying
He is a ‘‘slave’’. That what they called him by his skin colours not his Ability or personally they also call him a ‘Stable buck ******’.
haid4321
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Help what would you grade my essay about Crooks

Essay regarding crooks

‘of mice and men’ Crooks speaks for black American and how they are isolated by society. Of mice and men Crooks get discriminated by the other members of the ranch based on his skin colour although racism was abolished at that time in America. However, workers still continue this act by putting him in an abandoned plain barn house. In his barn house there is a lot of significant high standard books and it reflects on who the real Crook is.

He is a knowledgeable, decent, resourceful, sharp, brainy etc. Sorrowfully no one is aware that. Considering the fact that Crooks
has been working his entire life and he kind of forgotten on
how to communicate with other people. When Lennie enters unexpectedly Crook doesn't really know what to say to Lennie.
When Lennie revealed his idea that he came up with George Crooks looks glum and cheerless Lennie said ‘Why don't you have any friend’ (or a similar concept) Crook said in a dull voice ‘Because I’m black!’ This show that Crooks is really hurt and dismal.

There is a lack of respect toward Crooks as you know
from the start that the worker’s express their emotion by saying
He is a ‘‘slave’’. That what they called him by his skin colours not his Ability or personally they also call him a ‘Stable buck ******’.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
16.53%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
33.06%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.92%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.74%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.13%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.65%

Watched Threads