The Student Room Group

Drama A level / As

Does anyone do drama A level or As, and is it actually possible to get a good grade in it?
Hey, I'm in yr 12 and I do 'drama and theatre studies' with AQA. I definitely think it's possible to get a good grade in as long as you don't under estimate the writing part of it. It's is worth 60% of my final grade so that's something you need to be fully aware of.

The acting can be very intense as you need to show clear influence from a practitioner which is harder than it sounds. Even the acting portion of the grade requires some writing to go with it but that get's handed in before your practical exam and is done at home without timed conditions or anything like that. But it's possible to do good in, I've gotten an A for my practical this year (20% of final grade)

Hopefully I'm not making it sound scary because everyone (in my tiny class of 4) loves it. If you love drama and have the dedication then you'll love the course and should achieve a good grade in it.
Reply 2
Original post by StressedCoffee
Hey, I'm in yr 12 and I do 'drama and theatre studies' with AQA. I definitely think it's possible to get a good grade in as long as you don't under estimate the writing part of it. It's is worth 60% of my final grade so that's something you need to be fully aware of.

The acting can be very intense as you need to show clear influence from a practitioner which is harder than it sounds. Even the acting portion of the grade requires some writing to go with it but that get's handed in before your practical exam and is done at home without timed conditions or anything like that. But it's possible to do good in, I've gotten an A for my practical this year (20% of final grade)

Hopefully I'm not making it sound scary because everyone (in my tiny class of 4) loves it. If you love drama and have the dedication then you'll love the course and should achieve a good grade in it.

I guess our classes are similar, however my tiny class of four hate it ), anyway I'm finishing my As this year and my predicted grade is not that bad, do you know by any chance what do you have to do in A2 ?
Original post by Ministralia
I guess our classes are similar, however my tiny class of four hate it ), anyway I'm finishing my As this year and my predicted grade is not that bad, do you know by any chance what do you have to do in A2 ?

Same as this year but with a different text and a different piece to perform (I don't think you have to write a live review essay though)
Reply 4
Original post by StressedCoffee
Same as this year but with a different text and a different piece to perform (I don't think you have to write a live review essay though)

Okay thank God, thank you for your answer )))

Quick Reply

Latest