The Student Room Group

Test Thursday !!!

Ok I'm pretty sure I have lost my mind ! I have allowed my husband and dad convince me to move my test and do it Thursday in my car ! As said in my other post I have done about 35-40 hours plus loads of private practice x I feel I'm going to fail miserably due to nerves and stupid mistakes ! Any advice would be great x I'm taking calms and I'm telling myself it's a learning experience but I know in my heart I really just want to pass lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Alwainwright
Ok I'm pretty sure I have lost my mind ! I have allowed my husband and dad convince me to move my test and do it Thursday in my car ! As said in my other post I have done about 35-40 hours plus loads of private practice x I feel I'm going to fail miserably due to nerves and stupid mistakes ! Any advice would be great x I'm taking calms and I'm telling myself it's a learning experience but I know in my heart I really just want to pass lol

Since it's in your own car, you need to get an extra interior mirror for the examiner.

Check the car is roadworthy and clean. It won't give a good impression if the examiner has to sit in McDonalds wrappers.

Make sure you find your documents, including theory certificate.
Yeah it's all sorted and am taking it for a clean Thursday morning lol I just can't figure out how to stop my nerves ! The closer it gets the more mistakes I am making x
Yeah it's all sorted and am taking it for a clean Thursday morning lol I just can't figure out how to stop my nerves ! The closer it gets the more mistakes I am making x

I'm not sure how much this helps for many people, but when I had my test, I thought of it more as a drive just to show that I'm not a bad driver, rather than being tested per se... Also, loads of people fail their tests, it's totally natural, so that's another thing, just remember that if you do fail, it's not the end of the world, and it'd just make you better prepared for next time...

My routine before the test was really important for me... Got up at a good time, had a nice shower, made sure I felt good, had breakfast, generally didn't think about it too much... I'd say if you can, get your car cleaned this afternoon, as you don't really want to be worrying about that tomorrow morning before your test...

Presuming you're driving to your test, perhaps have a quick practice of each manoeuvre on the way, and just feel in a good way!!!

Good luck :smile:
Original post by mobbsy91
I'm not sure how much this helps for many people, but when I had my test, I thought of it more as a drive just to show that I'm not a bad driver, rather than being tested per se... Also, loads of people fail their tests, it's totally natural, so that's another thing, just remember that if you do fail, it's not the end of the world, and it'd just make you better prepared for next time...

My routine before the test was really important for me... Got up at a good time, had a nice shower, made sure I felt good, had breakfast, generally didn't think about it too much... I'd say if you can, get your car cleaned this afternoon, as you don't really want to be worrying about that tomorrow morning before your test...

Presuming you're driving to your test, perhaps have a quick practice of each manoeuvre on the way, and just feel in a good way!!!

Good luck :smile:

Hey thanks for the tips x I'm surprisingly relaxed at the moment only have slight nerves, although I'm sure that won't be the case tomorrow lol car is sparkling inside and out extra mirror in there and L plates ready, paperwork all together sitting on my dresser. Plan is an hour before to practice manoeuvres and get into the swing of driving then a quick fingers crossed moment then for the test. I haven't told my instructor I have moved it forward so if I fail I will finish my hours with her then just do private practice as I really can't afford more lessons my finance is all gone !
Hey thanks for the tips x I'm surprisingly relaxed at the moment only have slight nerves, although I'm sure that won't be the case tomorrow lol car is sparkling inside and out extra mirror in there and L plates ready, paperwork all together sitting on my dresser. Plan is an hour before to practice manoeuvres and get into the swing of driving then a quick fingers crossed moment then for the test. I haven't told my instructor I have moved it forward so if I fail I will finish my hours with her then just do private practice as I really can't afford more lessons my finance is all gone !

Haha fair enough!! Yeh, for me, the night before was pretty relaxed - had a few beers (not enough to still be over the limit the next morning obviously... :rofl:)!

Best of luck for tomorrow morning though!
Original post by mobbsy91
Haha fair enough!! Yeh, for me, the night before was pretty relaxed - had a few beers (not enough to still be over the limit the next morning obviously... :rofl:)!

Best of luck for tomorrow morning though!

Thanks will update with my result.
I passed with two minors this morning. It was my first try. I had a 90 min lesson beforehand and made my instructor shout at me because I kept making daft mistakes. By time my test arrived my nerves had settled. You might find yourself so focused on your driving that you will forget to be nervous. I was going to use my own car but by sheer luck discovered (thanks to something I read here on the forum) that my car is one of a few you can't do your test in (mini convertible) but luckily my instructor made himself and his car available.
Best of luck. Think positive.
Original post by DougallnDougall
I passed with two minors this morning. It was my first try. I had a 90 min lesson beforehand and made my instructor shout at me because I kept making daft mistakes. By time my test arrived my nerves had settled. You might find yourself so focused on your driving that you will forget to be nervous. I was going to use my own car but by sheer luck discovered (thanks to something I read here on the forum) that my car is one of a few you can't do your test in (mini convertible) but luckily my instructor made himself and his car available.
Best of luck. Think positive.

Thanks and congrats that an awesome pass x
I think I might just have a drive round playing some of my fave music and just try to keep calm lol just praying I don't get a left hand corner reserve as its my worst manoeuvre lol everyone pray for a turn in the road hahaha
Thanks and congrats that an awesome pass x
I think I might just have a drive round playing some of my fave music and just try to keep calm lol just praying I don't get a left hand corner reserve as its my worst manoeuvre lol everyone pray for a turn in the road hahaha

I got reverse park. My instuctor was always saying to stop speeding. My two minors were for going a bit too slow 😂😂😂

Good luck 👍
@Alwainwright - the morning is here!!! Good luck :yy:
Hey well I failed 😔 and on some stupid mistakes on my part 1 serious for speeding ! I knew it was 30 and for some reason sped up to 40 ! And the more embarrassing serious was stopping and waiting at green lights ☺️ And also got 4 minors but I'm taking it all as a positive 😀 oh and I got turn in the road manoeuvre and it went like a dream lol examiner said my mistakes were down to nerves and rebook ASAP and that it was a good drive x
Hey well I failed 😔 and on some stupid mistakes on my part 1 serious for speeding ! I knew it was 30 and for some reason sped up to 40 ! And the more embarrassing serious was stopping and waiting at green lights ☺️ And also got 4 minors but I'm taking it all as a positive 😀 oh and I got turn in the road manoeuvre and it went like a dream lol examiner said my mistakes were down to nerves and rebook ASAP and that it was a good drive x

Aww, well, at least you'll probably never make the mistake of speeding(!!!!) in your test again!

Next time 👍
Thanks lol well next test date available is August so going to keep refreshing and find a cancelation lol I was thinking about just continuing private practice rather then doing more lessons as well because I didn't fail on anything that can be taught just stupid judgement mistakes.
You can register with cancellation test finder. Cost £18. I cancelled my original test after a scary moment out driving. Regretted it almost immediately and registered with this site. I was offered 16 different cancellations. Great service and they will find as many different tests for you until they get one that suits you.
Now you know what the test involves you won't feel so nervous.
Ok well got a cancellation for this Friday ! Just realised its Friday the 13th lol
Ok well got a cancellation for this Friday ! Just realised its Friday the 13th lol

Mines this Friday also. Lets hope it turns out to be a lucky date for us both! Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Bubble_10
Mines this Friday also. Lets hope it turns out to be a lucky date for us both! Good luck :biggrin:

I hope so lol since my last test I have been so moody lol I really want to pass so I can move past this part of my life lol what time is your test ?
My first test... Calm and collected, had a good nights sleep, had a perfect lesson the night before and on the day... FAILED with 10 minors, 1 serious and 1 dangerous :')

Second test... Nervous and shaking, got about 3 hours sleep, made loads of mistakes in my lesson on the day (one of which was setting off without my seatbelt which would have been an instant fail)... PASSED with 4 minors.
So my advice is not to sleep and go in as a bag of nerves hahah

Nah but on a serious note the best thing I found was not telling anyone about my tests apart from my instructor. I felt this took the pressure off a lot and I could quietly fail if need be! So just try not to tell too many people.

During your test, try to stay calm and take deep breaths. If you make a mistake and you think you've failed, just keep going because it might have been a minor. I had the shock of my life when I passed cause I had rolled back slightly on a hillstart and thought I had cut someone up but I hadn't and didn't even get get a minor for the hillstart! So just try to remain neutral and take your time with the manoeuvre :smile: you'll be fine!!
Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending