The Student Room Group

Road to A*A*A*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by pondsteps
yup true!!! i need at least A*AA.. hopefully it'll work out tho
& i go to BAA
and btw are u sure british universities accept resits?

Oh sorry I got mixed up, I didn't release you wrote it in the previous post!
Yeah they do, don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 221
I have just submitted my scholarship application form!

Spoiler

Original post by PlayerBB
x

As you want to get an A*A*A*, did I have asked you what you got so far? your goal schould be realistically.
Original post by Kallisto
As you want to get an A*A*A*, did I have asked you what you got so far? your goal schould be realistically.

No it should not, the goal can be whatever they want it to be. Aim high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 224

No. If you open the first page of this blog, you will find the details of the marks that I have got and you will see that I have edited my goal to be A*A*A because I have already done my A2 Mathematics and got it 2 marks off an A* however, I didn't have the chance to repeat it!

I have got at As AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
Reply 225
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :biggrin: !! Aim High, Achieve High :wink:
Original post by physicsmaths

With this statement of yours, I could aim to climb the mount everest, although I am not a mountaineer, not to mention that I have not climbed a mountain yet.

(...)
I have got at As AAA in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics

So, you are heading the right direction. Well.

Thank you :biggrin: !! Aim High, Achieve High :wink:

Aiming high goals also means to have high expectation to yourself. High expectations end often up with a great disappointment, if the goal was not achieved.

Aiming high goals also means to have high expectation to yourself. High expectations end often up with a great disappointment, if the goal was not achieved.

Rather disappointment than regret.
With this statement of yours, I could aim to climb the mount everest, although I am not a mountaineer, not to mention that I have not climbed a mountain yet.

I believe you can aim to climb the mount everest. However, to attempt climbing it, you first need to take small steps, which PlayerBB has already successfully taken and aced them. She's just aiming to ace the next level now.

You should aim high, provided you are honest with yourself and your effort and hardwork put in. If you put in the hardwork and effort with the correct strategy, I believe you'll definitely see the results.
I have just submitted my scholarship application form!

Spoiler

I really do hope you get your scholarship. :yy:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 230

So, you are heading the right direction. Well.

That's true BUT, not setting those high aims and not working your best to try to achieve what your heart wants results in the feel of regret and for me personally I believe the feeling of regret is much more annoying than the feeling of disappointment because this means I am not taking risks nor believing in myself. But honestly everyone has their own opinion
Reply 231
Original post by SaadKaleem
I believe you can aim to climb the mount everest. However, to attempt climbing it, you first need to take small steps, which PlayerBB has already successfully taken and aced them. She's just aiming to ace the next level now.

You should aim high, provided you are honest with yourself and your effort and hardwork put in. If you put in the hardwork and effort with the correct strategy, I believe you'll definitely see the results.

Thank you so much Saad, I really appreciate every word you just have wrote!! :h:
Reply 232
I really do hope you get your scholarship. :yy:

Thank you!!!!! It means the world to me if I did get it! :smile:

Best of luck with you achieving your goals! :yy:
Reply 233
Original post by Zacken

PRSOM! :yy:
(...)

Hmmm... when I see some sense in my doings one day, I am sure I change my mind and aim my goals.

Original post by Zacken

Okay, this statement will not be forgotten by myself so fast.

That's true BUT, not setting those high aims and not working your best to try to achieve what your heart wants results in the feel of regret and for me personally I believe the feeling of regret is much more annoying than the feeling of disappointment because this means I am not taking risks nor believing in myself. But honestly everyone has their own opinion

You have a good attitude to your own life, I will give you that. But a plan B next to A can't hurt.
Thank you!!!!! It means the world to me if I did get it! :smile:

Best of luck with you achieving your goals! :yy:

:smile:

Thanks, will need it for A2 levels, lol :tongue:
Reply 236
Hmmm... when I see some sense in my doings one day, I am sure I change my mind and aim my goals.

Okay, this statement will not be forgotten by myself so fast.

You have a good attitude to your own life, I will give you that. But a plan B next to A can't hurt.

Thank you Kallisto and yeah a plan B never hurts :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 237
Some updates:

Well, I think this was my most efficient week. I have almost finished revising unit 4,unit 5 and unit 6 chemistry, that's my first time high amount of revision to do in almost a week.

I have solve some bio unit 6 past papers however I keep getting bad grades so I am going to read the examiner report, look through the ones I solved again and like learn from the mistakes

I really need ro kick off on chemistry unit 6, because I haven't solve that many and I am not that good at it yet, I really need to practice on it.
I have discovered that revison never ends for A2 subjects so as long you have exams no matter what unit you finish, you still need to revise as other units are based on it...... Hmmm that sad life

For chemistry, a lot of reactions, a lot of colours, a lot of equations, yeah I am still struggling to remember all of this so trying whenever I have the chance to look over my notes of reactions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some updates:

Well, I think this was my most efficient week. I have almost finished revising unit 4,unit 5 and unit 6 chemistry, that's my first time high amount of revision to do in almost a week.

I have solve some bio unit 6 past papers however I keep getting bad grades so I am going to read the examiner report, look through the ones I solved again and like learn from the mistakes

I really need ro kick off on chemistry unit 6, because I haven't solve that many and I am not that good at it yet, I really need to practice on it.
I have discovered that revison never ends for A2 subjects so as long you have exams no matter what unit you finish, you still need to revise as other units are based on it...... Hmmm that sad life

For chemistry, a lot of reactions, a lot of colours, a lot of equations, yeah I am still struggling to remember all of this so trying whenever I have the chance to look over my notes of reactions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great progress! Keep going. It's a race against time. :tongue:

Chemistry requires ton of revision for you to memorize all the reactions pathways, it definitely takes a while.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 239
Great progress! Keep going. It's a race against time. :tongue:

Chemistry requires ton of revision for you to memorize all the reactions pathways, it definitely takes a while.

Thank you man, you always keep me motivated! Indeed it is a race lol :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending