The Student Room Group

What's the solution to the migrant crisis?

Scroll to see replies

You could try and ask all the stupidly wealthy OPEC member states to cough up and help rebuild those war ravaged countries instead of them squandering their monies like they do. Give the money verily it's what Allah would of wanted.
Reply 21
Original post by SwedenYes
Sure

I am only a white male, unfortunately, so everyone should ignore me anyway

Original post by The_Opinion
You clearly have no clue about history, what an utterly ridiculous comment.

Are you seriously going to deny that isolationism, selfishness and inward-thinking played a significant role in causing WW2?

Come at me bro
Original post by 雷尼克
Are you seriously going to deny that isolationism, selfishness and inward-thinking played a significant role in causing WW2?

Come at me bro

You equated not allowing migrants into a country as a cause for WW2, that's what I am objecting.
(edited 7 years ago)
Tougher laws and restrictions.
The solution is to deploy soldiers around the European borders and to shoot anyone who tries infiltrating the border (after a warning of course). European navies should patrol the southern coastal waters submerging any migrant boats (again, after a warning).
Middle eastern mass migration has stopped, now there is african mass immigration around the corner via Italy
You equated not along migrants into a country as a cause for WW2, that's what I am objecting.

Wrong, I said the same isolationist attitude caused WW2.

And somehow this translates to me 'not knowing history'.

I think I've made my point here, you are more eager to attack the words I'm using rather than the moral responsibility we have to look after humans who are fleeing from a conflict which we militarily and politically refuse to resolve, given that we live like kings compared to some people around the world.
Original post by 雷尼克
Wrong, I said the same isolationist attitude caused WW2.

And somehow this translates to me 'not knowing history'.

I think I've made my point here, you are more eager to attack the words I'm using rather than the moral responsibility we have to look after humans who are fleeing from a conflict which we militarily and politically refuse to resolve, given that we live like kings compared to some people around the world.

Not allowing migrants in does not equate to being isolationist, either way, your point is just plain silly.
Original post by SwedenYes
Let them come :smile:

It is sustainable, we merely need to unite and welcome them, and purge our tribalist and racist attitudes

If europe does not share the burden, gladly will sweden !

so tolerant!
Not allowing migrants in does not equate to being isolationist, either way, your point is just plain silly.

Yes it does, how is refusing to let migrants in because "they are not our problem" in the slightest bit not isolationist
Original post by 雷尼克
Yes it does, how is refusing to let migrants in because "they are not our problem" in the slightest bit not isolationist

As it is an internal matter. a country can have a very aggressive and interventionist foreign policy but still not let in migrants, that is not isolationist. Isolationism is related to foreign policy (and trade to an extent), not migrant policies.
As it is an internal matter. a country can have a very aggressive and interventionist foreign policy but still not let in migrants, that is not isolationist. Isolationism is related to foreign policy (and trade to an extent), not migrant policies.

I don't see how the migrant crisis is in any way not an international / foreign issue. People like you want to isolate yourselves from the problems in other parts of the world, which history has shown many times to be the wrong attitude.
Original post by 雷尼克
I don't see how the migrant crisis is in any way not an international / foreign issue. People like you want to isolate yourselves from the problems in other parts of the world, which history has shown many times to be the wrong attitude.

Its not a foreign policy as it is a matter that is inside of a nations own borders, you are deluded if you consider migration policies to be classed as foreign policy. The Home Secretary handles migration, not the Foreign Minister, the names of them job titles should give you a clue.
Its not a foreign policy as it is a matter that is inside of a nations own borders, you are deluded if you consider migration policies to be classed as foreign policy. The Home Secretary handles migration, not the Foreign Minister, the names of them job titles should give you a clue.

Migrants generally come from other countries, try again to tell me that this isn't "foreign" by nature.
Original post by 雷尼克
Migrants generally come from other countries, try again to tell me that this isn't "foreign" by nature.

It doesn't matter where they come from. It is only an issue as soon as they set foot in the country, then they become migrants and an internal issue. f you have a problem with this I suggest that you lobby your MP and demands that the Home Secretary becomes the Foreign Secretary.
You need to sort out the reason why a lot of them are running in the first place and that's war in the middle east for the ones who end up being counted for asylum.

For the economic ones then you need faster processing and return, which means more resources.
Reply 37
Stop supporting regime change in countries just cos their leaders are Western puppets, and don't bomb countries under the guise of "freedom" and "democracy"
Bringing down the anti-white EU in its current incarnation would go some way to solving the issue at hand.
A solution is needed. One that is possible final.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending