The Student Room Group

Are these GCSE options good for going to a good uni to study law???

ghvgvtbbbhg
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Take my advice with a pinch of salt, but I think 'good unis' would prefer English as opposed to Drama
I think the actual GCSEs are pretty much irrelevant, so long as you get decent grades. :tongue:
Original post by JoshuaE
Take my advice with a pinch of salt, but I think 'good unis' would prefer English as opposed to Drama

I assume as it's GCSE, OP is taking the core subjects like Maths, English and Science as well.
Reply 4
Original post by JoshuaE

Yh well I have to take English its core thanks tho
Reply 5
Original post by milliethemoo
I assume as it's GCSE, OP is taking the core subjects like Maths, English and Science as well.

Ahh yes, then yeah GCSEs are pretty irrelevant. Feel free to take GCSE Karaoke and basket weaving
Reply 6
Original post by JoshuaE
Ahh yes, then yeah GCSEs are pretty irrelevant. Feel free to take GCSE Karaoke and basket weaving

Lolllll
Reply 7
Original post by Lewis_GCSE
GCSES
I am picking
History
Drama
Physcology
Sociology
+ the core subjects, English , maths, science, R.S
If I choose these GCSE subjects will I be able to go to a GOOD university to study law and become a lawyer??? Thank you URGENT

Hi

Yes as long as you do very well in those subjects. They look like good choices to me as long as you enjoy them. Remember to work hard in your subjects and try to understand everything. If you understand things early it makes things a lot easier and much less stressful in year 11 and you'll do much better in your exams too.

Good luck my friend, :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by _Xenon_
Hi

Yes as long as you do very well in those subjects. They look like good choices to me as long as you einjoy them. Remember to work hard in your subjects and try to understand everything. If you understand things early it makes things a lot easier and much less stressful in year 11 and you'll do much better in your exams too.

Good luck my friend, :smile:

Thanks man :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Lewis_GCSE
Thanks man :smile:

No problem, let me know if you have any questions.

Quick Reply