The Student Room Group

What age did you learn your times tables?

Scroll to see replies

15 x 15 at 9 so...
In Year 4?
Never really learnt them properly. I used to struggle with mental maths tests in year six - this was probably why - and I didn't take the initiative to actually learn them at home because I had no idea what "revision" was. This explains why I still don't know the 12 times table.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
It's the less formal name of a multiplication table.

Students around the world are often expected to memorize the operations in the table below in Primary School.

Times Tables image

i was joking sweetheart :smile:
I honestly never learned them, I pretty much have to work them out in my head every time :redface:
Age 5. School gave me a chocolate medal for being the first one :biggrin:
People often say that TSRians are a bit smarter than the general populus so I'm curious to see whether there are many who learnt them prior to the age of 9 which is when they are meant to have been taught.

Please ignore the poll typo

Where's the "I still struggle"
Option 😂😜
20, when I decided to learn to use an abacus properly. Never needed it before then (or for anything else).
I remember being competely bewildered by the fact that 0 times x=0 so I probably learned them later rather than sooner tbh lol
Hahahah i know most but still get stuck sometimes e.g on my 9s simply because i never actually sat and learnt them, i just picked it up as i went along oops
I remember my Dad making me learn my timetables up to 20 x 20, which literally burned my 11 year old brain cells :colonhash:
RM Maths program afterschool club for life.
Reply 33
i remember early yr 4 knowing them
I was in Yr3 when i learnt them up to 12!
Reply 35
Who remembers this stuff..I vaguely recall not particularly liking times tables or seeing the point because it was easy to just work the multiplications out
Age 6 or 7 I guess. I can't remember them all now.

Original post by FireFreezer77
I was in Yr3 when i learnt them up to 12!

Whoa. That's amazing. What's 126327165 * 91045341?
I dont quite remember but I think I learnt them all by year 3...
Reply 38
LOL - learnt them at age 30 so that I could pass my numeracy skills test!!!
People often say that TSRians are a bit smarter than the general populus so I'm curious to see whether there are many who learnt them prior to the age of 9 which is when they are meant to have been taught.

Please ignore the poll typo

Never. When I was a kid I had my own common-core type system for multiplying numbers.

Quick Reply

Latest